1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '14 22:28
    It is now the year 2014.

I cannot believe society is still having this discussion:

https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/breastfeeding-campaign-posters-stir-online-controversy-190307806.html
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '14 22:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It is now the year 2014.

https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/breastfeeding-campaign-posters-stir-online-controversy-190307806.html
    Your position?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '14 22:421 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Your position?
    It's absolutely ridiculous that we, as a society, should be so backward, so... so parochial, that we feel we have to tell women to hide themselves when they breastfeed their children because it's supposedly somehow disgusting, somehow shameful.

We, as a society, desperately need to grow up.

I support this poster campaign.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:00
    This is from the article I linked to, near the end.

'Another noted, “I have yet to see a woman breastfeeding that I even notice she’s breastfeeding. Most of the time it looks like a mom cuddling her child. So if you have a problem with it, the problem is you’re staring.” '

Exactly.

The problem is in the reaction of the people noticing. In this day and age, it should be no big deal, and certainly none of our concern. But there are still too many adults today who are barely more mature than teenagers, or who still hold onto puritan ideas about "nakedness".

If you don't wanna see it, then you don't have to look. If you have a problem with it, then chances are it's your problem and not the mother's problem. We shouldn't make it the mother's problem just because some of us haven't grown up yet.
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:261 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That rumbling you're hearing is my biological clock threatening to start up again.

And here I thought I had it beaten into submission. 😕
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:34
    That rumbling you're hearing is my biological clock threatening to start up again.

And here I thought I had it beaten into submission. 😕
    I have soooo many tongue-in-cheek phrases to put to use here, I'm nearly gagging trying to get them out...
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    noooooooooooooo....

(fingers in ears...) la la la la la la la la la la!

I'm 37. 😞
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 May '14 00:04
    It is now the year 2014.

There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a mother doing (when they are able to) what is so natural. There is nothing sexy in it although a woman's body is a beautiful thing in context.
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 May '14 02:02
    It is now the year 2014.

It doesn't bother me in the least when a mother feeds her child. Problem is it's too big of an opportunity for a man to get in trouble with the ladies in public. The women flaunt it and if a man looks he would gets in trouble with the woman doing the feeding and her husband or boy friend and maybe even his own jealous wife. I can hear them now calling guys a jerk. You know they would. Hey it's hard enough nowas it is, pretending not to look.

I'm going to look regardless. The look on a childs face when they are content feeding is priceless and worth looking at. Artistic really.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 May '14 03:511 edit
    I'm sorry, but I am old fashioned and believe in the concept of self respect and modesty. I also believe firmly in feeding babies when they are hungry. Years ago my wife breastfed in public under a blanket to cover her breast.
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 May '14 04:15
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I'm sorry, but I am old fashioned and believe in the concept of self respect and modesty. I also believe firmly in feeding babies when they are hungry. Years ago my wife breastfed in public under a blanket to cover her breast.
    Right because your wife respected you enough knowing you would have punched any guy out that looked her direction. Can you imagine how embarrassed she would have been having to bail you out of jail while breastfeeding. It's just too much for a child to have to bear knowing their dad is a jail bird because of protecting your family as any good man would do. I commend you sir for keeping your ladies modest.
  14. old pueblo
    Moves
    10 May '14 04:27
    This is from the article I linked to, near the end.

'Another noted, “I have yet to see a woman breastfeeding that I even notice she’s breastfeeding. Most of the time it looks like a mom cuddling her child. So if you have a problem with it, the problem is you’re staring.” '

Exactly.

The problem is in the reaction of the people noticing. In this day ...[text shortened]... We shouldn't make it the mother's problem just because some of us haven't grown up yet.
    Actually, it seems like those same viewers would have little problem looking at the mothers if they were wearing a bathing suit that was little more than a band-aid.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    10 May '14 05:491 edit
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    Actually, it seems like those same viewers would have little problem looking at the mothers if they were wearing a bathing suit that was little more than a band-aid.
    Looking yes, gawking, no. I'd be embarrassed to stare at a woman, and I'd feel badly if I made her self conscious. I might catch a glimpse of something like that and try not to look in that direction again. I have nothing against nudity or provocative dress under the right circumstances.
    I guess I am just a prudish grumpy old man. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree