29 Dec '20 13:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 13:09
    @neilarini said
    Those who lack the strength to act positively in the real world so attack people unknown to them behind the safety of their keyboard.
    Isn't thumbing down anonymously an act done with "safety" - in a communal situation - in mind?

Do you think that making the name of each thumber upper and each thumber downer NOT secret would affect anyone's - what you call - "safety"?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 13:431 edit
    @fmf said
    Isn't thumbing down anonymously an act done with "safety" - in a communal situation - in mind?

Do you think that making the name of each thumber upper and each thumber downer NOT secret would affect anyone's - what you call - "safety"?
    Just stops that person from having to answer for his/her thumb as they probably don't want confrontation about it.

-VR
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 13:47
    @very-rusty said
    Just stops that person from having to answer for his/her thumb as they probably don't want confrontation about it.
    Yes, I get the way you and Relentless Red and - I think - neilarini [who just seems a wee bit cross and flustered for some reason] are justifying it, it's not like it's difficult to understand. Nevertheless, it strikes me as a pathetic and adolescent way to conduct oneself.
  5. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 13:51
    @FMF

Ha ha.

sealion/ignorelion.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 13:53
    @neilarini said
    @FMF

Ha ha.

sealion/ignorelion.
    Two point-blank on-topic responses to what you said about "Thumbing down" dodged.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 14:16
    @fmf said

When this has come up in the past, in site ideas as an official discussion, I was all for it.

Posters such as Suzianne, who ubiquitously thumbs down posts of her detractors, went pretty much ballistic over the notion of having the anonymity of thumbs down removed.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 14:181 edit
    @neilarini said
    @FMF

Ha ha.

sealion/ignorelion.
    I think this sudden apparition of claims of “sealioning” is a clique smokescreen, a sort of jazz-handed avoidance of upfront challenge and reasonable conflict.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 14:21
    @neilarini said
    @FMF

Ha ha.

sealion/ignorelion.
    Okay, the moment has finally arrived for me to Google 'sealioning.'
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 20:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Okay, the moment has finally arrived for me to Google 'sealioning.'
    I would invite everyone to Google what it means to 'sealion'.

Perhaps the collective 'aha' moment would be interesting.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 20:34
    @suzianne said
    I would invite everyone to Google what it means to 'sealion'.
    I believe I will decline your invitation! 😉

-VR
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 20:53
    @divegeester said
    When this has come up in the past, in site ideas as an official discussion, I was all for it.

Posters such as Suzianne, who ubiquitously thumbs down posts of her detractors, went pretty much ballistic over the notion of having the anonymity of thumbs down removed.
    @divegeester said
    "Posters such as Suzianne, who, I say without evidence, always thumbs down my posts, went pretty much ballistic over the notion of having their right to free speech steamrolled by snowflakes like me, who can't stand the idea of being called out for the unreasonable attacks I make on other posters."

There, fixed it for you.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 20:54
    @very-rusty said
    I believe I will decline your invitation! 😉

-VR
    Of course you will. Why learn anything? Especially something that may help you to see your heroes more clearly.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 20:592 edits
    @divegeester said
    I think this sudden apparition of claims of “sealioning” is a clique smokescreen, a sort of jazz-handed avoidance of upfront challenge and reasonable conflict.
    "Reasonable conflict". Listen to you. What you mean is relentlessly pursuing anyone who says anything that you perceive as an attack, to the ends of the earth, or until they get bored with you and leave the field.

What you mean is unforgiving, take no prisoners, forum combat, your raison d'etre.

I think it's worth noting that this is YOUR thread, whinging about something you see as somehow "unfair".
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 21:191 edit
    @suzianne said
    Of course you will. Why learn anything? Especially something that may help you to see your heroes more clearly.
    LOL@ Suzie Q, because you have heroes doesn't mean we all do!

We know yours is goad, among a few others.

Oh and your minions are always there with a thumb up for you. You have them trained very well!!! 😉 😛

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree