06 Nov '13 13:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 17:151 edit
    7. Google the authors' names of two articles I read a few years ago; the subject of their studies concerned table manners and social graces. Evidence from their studies was the basis for concluding: That human behaviour at the dinner table is also reflected in similar behaviour at public gatherings, in restaurants and in bed... my hunch, in online public forums as well.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 19:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    7. Google the authors' names of two articles I read a few years ago; the subject of their studies concerned table manners and social graces. Evidence from their studies was the basis for concluding: That human behaviour at the dinner table is also reflected in similar behaviour at public gatherings, in restaurants and in bed... my hunch, in online public forums as well.
    I don't recall there ever being food fights or getting stabbed by a fork at the dinner table when I was a kid. And when I had kids of my own we were all busy shoving food into our mouths, and laughing at the baby because he would smear most of it over his face... and in his hair... and pretty much on anything he could reach. But I've never heard of social graces in bed. The kids all slept in their own beds... and what happens in mommy and daddies room, stays in mommy and daddies and room.
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 19:451 edit
    8) Install lock on bedroom door

done
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:00
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I don't recall there ever being food fights or getting stabbed by a fork at the dinner table when I was a kid. And when I had kids of my own we were all busy shoving food into our mouths, and laughing at the baby because he would smear most of it over his face... and in his hair... and pretty much on anything he could reach. But I've never heard of [i]soc ...[text shortened]... eir own beds... and what happens in mommy and daddies room, stays in mommy and daddies and room.
    There is, indeed, a set of social graces, as you say, or etiquette, in the bedroom, especially when you are a young adult, not yet married. You want to do everything you can to prevent looking like a snoring, mouth-open pig in bed (I guess what you do at home in your own bed is your own business), so that your partner doesn't rue the day they met you. I guess married couples kind of have to put up with each other by contract, so this slowly becomes less and less important, probably by mutual, unspoken agreement.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Online public forums, though, have a unique aspect of anonymity, so at the basic level, some people just don't care what others think of them, so etiquette is not the highest order of the day, as it usually is in face-to-face encounters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree