08 Nov '13 21:05
    14. Go to forum and piss off people.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is, indeed, a set of social graces, as you say, or etiquette, in the bedroom, especially when you are a young adult, not yet married. You want to do everything you can to prevent looking like a snoring, mouth-open pig in bed (I guess what you do at home in your own bed is your own business), so that your partner doesn't rue the day they met you. I g ...[text shortened]... ontract, so this slowly becomes less and less important, probably by mutual, unspoken agreement.
    Going to bed with someone without a contract is like buying a new or used car without a contract. Married couples are usually able to adjust to each others idiosyncrasies. We never thought of each other as partners, it would have been demeaning and insulting to refer to each other by that word. But I do know why that word is used today.. the word partners is used to include any two people (or person and beast) who want to "get it on".

I wasn't always a prude, but for me playing it fast and loose grew old and debilitating very quickly. I didn't have to experience the dark side of human behavior and deceit before understanding why I shouldn't go there, but I did. And anyone offended by this can kiss my fat hairy garbage can, because I've been there... been there, done that, and tossed it as far away from me as I could, and never went back. Some of the women who came on to me couldn't seem to understand why a married man wouldn't want to get it on with them... that's how bad it's gotten. The dumbing down of humanity is proceeding on schedule... it was predicted, and it is happening.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:42
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I wasn't always a prude, but for me playing it fast and loose grew old and debilitating very quickly. I didn't have to experience the dark side of human behavior and deceit before understanding why I shouldn't go there, but I did.
    I read this as a B movie detective voice over.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:43
    I don't recall there ever being food fights or getting stabbed by a fork at the dinner table when I was a kid. And when I had kids of my own we were all busy shoving food into our mouths, and laughing at the baby because he would smear most of it over his face... and in his hair... and pretty much on anything he could reach. But I've never heard of [i]soc ...[text shortened]... eir own beds... and what happens in mommy and daddies room, stays in mommy and daddies and room.
    Human beings are unique. Behaviour reflects breeding, timely initiatives and good decisions from a position of strength with some; with others, sadly lacking. Some conduct themselves at the table with etiquette; at public gatherings in restaurants and forums with social graces and appropriate manners; in bed, though intensely private, the same considerations for a spouse's preferences and wishes applies. Some conduct themselves in an honourable way; others are selfish, greedy slobs.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I read this as a B movie detective voice over.
    You would. For you reality seems to be a movie where everyone is play acting.

Just why, if you don't mind my asking, did you join the COS?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:531 edit
    Online public forums, though, have a unique aspect of anonymity, so at the basic level, some people just don't care what others think of them, so etiquette is not the highest order of the day, as it usually is in face-to-face encounters.
    Good point: the convenience of no repercussions online anonymity often serves as an excuse to push the limits of civility and to behave badly. Issue isn't the temptation but capitulating to it. A few will still stand upright while other swim in the gutter.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:551 edit
    But I do mind you asking.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:571 edit
    What makes you think I wasn't already in there?
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 22:02
    What makes you think I wasn't already in there?
    Joined 03 Nov '13 18:39
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 22:05
    But I do mind you asking.
    Would you mind if I already know?

(but how is that possible?)
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 22:141 edit
    You would. For you reality seems to be a movie where everyone is play acting.

Okay, now you're posting as Rod Serling. 😕
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 23:44
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Okay, now you're posting as Rod Serling. 😕
    Rod Serling? I thought I was still speaking in my B movie detective voice.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 23:47
    Rod Serling? I thought I was still speaking in my B movie detective voice.
    I thought that was Rod Serling's voice.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 05:18
    I thought that was Rod Serling's voice.
    shhhhh... I'm supposed to be dead. I play cards every Friday night with Elvis and Bruce Lee. Elvis has lost a lot of weight, but Lee is so fat now I doubt he can tie his shoe laces, let alone see his own feet.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 07:53
    Joined 03 Nov '13 18:39
    You think that's air you're breathing?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree