General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Oct '12 02:231 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    1. A troll is someone who posts inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online forum, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response.
    2. A troll is someone who posts something for the sole purpose of inciting response or argument.
    3. People toss the term around now for anyone they don't agree with, but that's just what eral Forum is probably the only place on RHP where it SHOULD be tolerated, in my opinion.
    "The General Forum is probably the only place on RHP where it SHOULD be tolerated, in my opinion."

    Quite an interesting summary, Kewpie.

    Why do you feel this policy exception should be applied to the General Forum? Would it be that doing so may ecourage poster participation?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    324720
    23 Oct '12 02:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "The General Forum is probably the only place on RHP where it SHOULD be tolerated, in my opinion."

    Quite an interesting summary, Kewpie.

    Why do you feel this policy exception should be applied to the General Forum? Would it be that doing so may ecourage poster participation?
    You may be interested to know that the 3 statements were extracted from a variety of online non-chess forums.

    The reason that I felt General Forum should be excepted is that I have observed a number of posters in these forums who regularly disrupt virtually all the threads with their irrelevant and off-topic posts. These people are RHP members (paid or not) and they're as much entitled to post as anyone else, even if the resulting mess is unreadable. If they were encouraged (by carrot and stick) to confine their activities to the GF the other forums would be more readable and enjoyable.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    141789
    23 Oct '12 02:34
    i LOVE carrots!!!
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    23 Oct '12 02:50
    Someone insinuated that someone else was a troll. Did so in a cowardly fashion. The target was not trolling, and the shooter used the word wrong. Short thread, easy to cipher.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    23 Oct '12 02:50
    Originally posted by rookie54
    i [b]LOVE carrots!!![/b]
    What's your take on sticks?
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    23 Oct '12 02:53
    IMO the object is to have fun. If one wants meaningful discussion, RHP features, Debates, Spirituality. Puzzles, Chess etc. The GF is a non topic discussion of nothing. It's the Seinfeld Message board. 😞
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    23 Oct '12 03:00
    Originally posted by apathist
    Someone insinuated that someone else was a troll. Did so in a cowardly fashion. The target was not trolling, and the shooter used the word wrong. Short thread, easy to cipher.
    Okay.. now just so we can be on the same page, how do you define trolling?
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    23 Oct '12 03:40
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Okay.. now just so we can be on the same page, how do you define trolling?
    First define page. 😕
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Oct '12 03:43
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You may be interested to know that the 3 statements were extracted from a variety of online non-chess forums.

    The reason that I felt General Forum should be excepted is that I have observed a number of posters in these forums who regularly disrupt virtually all the threads with their irrelevant and off-topic posts. These people are RHP members (paid or no ...[text shortened]... k) to confine their activities to the GF the other forums would be more readable and enjoyable.
    Insightful.
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    38013
    23 Oct '12 03:451 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Okay.. now just so we can be on the same page, how do you define trolling?
    It depends on what the definition of the word "be" is.
  11. Wat?
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    76863
    23 Oct '12 04:05
    I miss Phlabibit! 🙁

    -m.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    23 Oct '12 04:50
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I miss Phlabibit! 🙁

    -m.
    Well if you miss Phlabbit's avatar, she's here.

    Down a ways.

    http://allanimalsblog.org/2012/06/
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    23 Oct '12 05:10
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I miss Phlabibit! 🙁

    -m.
    Define miss
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    23 Oct '12 05:14
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Define miss
    This is another fine miss you've gotten us into!
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    23 Oct '12 05:22
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    This is another fine miss you've gotten us into!
    The great stuff most kids have never heard or seen.
Back to Top