Vaccine

Vaccine

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
06 May 21

I believe the reason why the AstraZenca vaccine is not being recommended for younger people is about statistics rather than physiological issues.
Since younger folk have a much lower chance of dying from the virus they are taking a higher risk statistically from getting the AZ jab.

Moves
06 May 21

@divegeester said
It’ll all be over by the time you get yours!
It'll never be over.

Australia

Moves
06 May 21

@trev33 said
It'll never be over.
Remember smallpox?

Gothenburg

Moves
06 May 21

@torunn said
We are informed here that Astra Zeneca's vaccine is good for people 70+.
Sorry, sorry - I missed out the very important word 'not'. It should not be given to younger people. Sorry VR, typing error.

Gothenburg

Moves
06 May 21
1 edit

@very-rusty said
So does that mean not good for those younger? You do know about the two deaths of the younger people here in Canada?

Link to one of them:

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/she-deserved-more-alberta-reports-first-death-linked-to-astrazeneca-1.5414639

-VR
As I hope you noticed, I made a typing error leaving out 'not'.

Moves
06 May 21

@kewpie said
Remember smallpox?
Not the same.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/coronavirus-not-going-to-be-a-disease-like-smallpox-which-could-be-eradicated-by-vaccination/

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
06 May 21

@trev33 said
It'll never be over.
Unfortunately I agree Trev33.
Small concessions here, things taken away there.
And suddenly we have a new strain.
All back into lock down in the Autumn.

Moves
06 May 21

@the-gravedigger said
Unfortunately I agree Trev33.
Small concessions here, things taken away there.
And suddenly we have a new strain.
All back into lock down in the Autumn.
It's quite political at the moment as well, I could fly into the states and stay there without having to quarantine at all but if I want to go to the UK or Ireland I need to stay in a quarantine hotel, why? Whereas from Mexico, a country which has many more cases than most in the 'red list' and has been open for all countries with all the 'new strains' without getting a test to enter during the entire pandemic, is not?

It's all about money somehow, even the talk about the allowing of holidays from the UK this year with needing to get tested before you leave, regardless if the country you're going to requires it? Where's the logic in that other than to make money or stop people from travelling in the summer when cases will go down to near zero?

I don't know about strict lockdown come the Autumn, I hope not but there will be some restrictions, new strains or not it'll always come around during the winter like any regular flu or cold.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 May 21
1 edit

@trev33 said
It's quite political at the moment as well, I could fly into the states and stay there without having to quarantine at all but if I want to go to the UK or Ireland I need to stay in a quarantine hotel, why? Whereas from Mexico, a country which has many more cases than most in the 'red list' and has been open for all countries with all the 'new strains' without getting a test t ...[text shortened]... ictions, new strains or not it'll always come around during the winter like any regular flu or cold.
Good Point

I believe you are correct Trev it is more about the politics than the virus it seems.

Have you been tested and have you had your shots?

I've been getting the flu shot every year since that number and letter one that was going around years ago? I never had a sore or tender arm afterwards. I was fine after my shot yesterday but today I find it to be a bit tender around the area, nothing serious, but never had that with the flu shot.

-VR

Moves
06 May 21

@very-rusty said
Good Point

I believe you are correct Trev it is more about the politics than the virus it seems.

Have you been tested and have you had your shots?

I've been getting the flu shot every year since that number and letter one that was going around years ago? I never had a sore or tender arm afterwards. I was fine after my shot yesterday but today I find it to be a bit tender around the area, nothing serious, but never had that with the flu shot.

-VR
They should have injected you in your ass 😉

No shots for me, had a test in June which was negative and will need to get tested again to return home.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 May 21

@trev33 said

No shots for me, had a test in June which was negative and will need to get tested again to return home.
Do you not plan on getting any shots or just haven't been able to acquire any?

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 May 21

@torunn said
As I hope you noticed, I made a typing error leaving out 'not'.
Yes torunn, no big deal I saw you meant to put in the 'not'!

-VR

Moves
07 May 21

@very-rusty said
Do you not plan on getting any shots or just haven't been able to acquire any?

-VR
The latter but if i was at home I’d be able to get them and it would be the former. Will probably get it eventually though, think my parents have had both already.

Moves
07 May 21

@trev33 said
The latter but if i was at home I’d be able to get them and it would be the former. Will probably get it eventually though, think my parents have had both already.
In life we take chances, but in most instances those chances tend not to be of the life or death variety. You feeling lucky? 🤔

Gothenburg

Moves
07 May 21

@great-big-stees said
In life we take chances, but in most instances those chances tend not to be of the life or death variety. You feeling lucky? 🤔
We take calculated risks, not necessarily with consistency.