1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 May '21 16:02
    @great-big-stees said
    In life we take chances, but in most instances those chances tend not to be of the life or death variety. You feeling lucky? 🤔
    Punk 😉
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '21 16:19
    Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry.

YouTube

-VR
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 May '21 19:482 edits
    https://www.healthline.com/health/why-two-doses-of-covid-vaccine

The data shows that after the first dose and before the second dose, the estimated efficacy of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is initially 52 per cent effective, but then becomes 92 per cent effective 14-21 days after the first dose.

Pfizer-BioNTech immunity
    Researchers working on the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine clinical trial looked at vaccine effectiveness 7 days after the second dose. At this point, vaccine effectiveness was observed to be 95 percent Mar 5, 2021

And what about longer-term immunity? A separate study, currently in preprint, looked into this. This study followed people for 63 days after they’d received their second dose.

The researchers observed a strong antibody response following the second dose. While the overall levels of antibodies began to decrease slowly as time passed, they still remained high at the 63-day mark.

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 May '21 20:41
    @very-rusty said
    The way it is being done here Andy is through the Doctor. I will have a chat with her though in 2 weeks time about it and see what she says. It may have something to do with supply, I am really at a lost of an explanation until I talk to the Doctor.

EDIT: I am thinking it could be a supply issue and they are trying to get as many first shots into people as they can.

-VR
    Follow up on time between vaccines. They are saying now in further statistics that 3 month period is good.

We see our Doctor tomorrow so will know more on it. I believe they wanted to make sure at least everyone had the one shot in them. It appears now that they could be moving the time for the 2nd shot up, by how much is unknown right now.

More to come.........

-VR
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 May '21 22:50
    No, you can stop now. Doesn't your head hurt from getting hit with the golf club?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '21 12:152 edits
    @trev33 said
    No, you can stop now. Doesn't your head hurt from getting hit with the golf club?
    Here is an idea you probably didn't think about. Just don't go in the thread! 😛 🙂

I can only assume you've been hit many times in the head with a golf club not to be able to figure that out for yourself! 😛.

Thanks for playing! 😉

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 May '21 21:34
    @very-rusty said
    Follow up on time between vaccines. They are saying now in further statistics that 3 month period is good.

We see our Doctor tomorrow so will know more on it. I believe they wanted to make sure at least everyone had the one shot in them. It appears now that they could be moving the time for the 2nd shot up, by how much is unknown right now.

More to come.........

-VR
    Today is day 14 since we got our Pfizer shots, other than the arm being a little sore the next day I was fine. My better half had a sore arm 2 days and felt a little bit nausea and one day her body was aching. Nothing really serious so we feel it went well.

Right now we are in a lock down until mid-June. Not suppose to leave our community a woman I know got fined 2400.00 for doing so. There have been other fines handed out also I think the total of fines given out was 42. One of my brothers is looking forward to getting out to his cottage. I am sure many others are in the same boat.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree