Welcome to

Welcome to "Sleuthing 2013"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
10 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Andy, please compete or refrain from meaningless posts which become a distraction to others. Thank you.
There's no need to be churlish, Bobby. I was only answering your question.

Are we not allowed to make predictions?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
There's no need to be churlish, Bobby. I was only answering your question.

Are we not allowed to make predictions?
There's no need to be stupid, Andy. I'm not sumy and I'm not Richard Simmons.

Come to think of it you are allowed to be stupid, so kindly disregard this message. Have a nice day. 😛

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (previous page)
Mysteries: 1. Person [disclosed]; 2. Partner; 3. Place [point awarded to lemon lime]; 4. Thing; 5. Time;
6. Situation; 7. Condition; 8. Motivation. 9. New Location of RHP's Server. (Tie Breaker: Date.)

lemon lime: 1.

Next to score: ?

Read a book!

Moves
10 Oct 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
There's no need to be stupid, Andy. I'm not sumy and I'm not Richard Simmons.
It's uncanny, isn't it?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Oct 13

It's uncanny, isn't it?
What, that you are being stupid? Not really. I've seen you being stupid at other threads.

Why do you come to this thread if this is all so boring and uninteresting for you? Are trolls interested in doing anything other than being trolls? Just asking.

Read a book!

Moves
10 Oct 13

By an odd coincidence, Bobby, your mystery contest comes to our attention just about a year to the day
from your infamous subscription contest of Oct. 8, 2012. Let's take a walk down memory lane...

SECOND FREE MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION CONTEST, 2012

* There will be a second contest (following Moose's successful event) to coincide with Christmas, 2012, sponsored by Santa Claus himself.

* The jolly guy in red has chosen three Red Hot Pawn Members as his worker elves (Sumydid, Great Big Stees and Grampy Bobby).

* Format changes include elimination of member status as a participation criteria. Both subscribers and non-subscribers may enter the contest (Including provisional status, brand new members). We’ll have nearly twelve weeks to for members to post picks (October 8 to Friday, December 21, 2012). Prize Winners will be announced Sunday morning, December 23, 2012.

* The range of available numbers will be from zero (0) to two thousand, four hundred and twenty three (2,423), coincidentally the current chess rating of Kaoslos, highest rated patzer on the site User 88066. This gives us a total of 2,424 pick possibilities.

Note: Just in case some brainy guy or gal decides to employ a forumla such as, 0 + 2423 = 2424 choices / 2 = 1212 (Hmm... December, 2012) and concludes 1212 must be the winning number, forget it. This includes Ponderable, Sonhouse and Miklelom. You're, now, on your own. lol

* Red Hot Pawn Members may submit one (1) number. Earliest date of post determines ownership in the event of duplication.

* By the way, anybody thumbs downing the official announcement will be disqualified (Russ' supply is running low).

* The prize will be a one year renewal or new subscription.... doubled to a seamless “Two Year RHP Subscription" if your lucky pick hits the random number nail on its head! That’s not all…

* There will also be an 'El Cabooso' Booby Prize*** (no pun intended) awarded to the individual whose pick is next closest to the pre-selected winning number. *** http://www.cafepress.com/redhotpawn

* Two of Santa’s trusted and friendly elves, Sumydid and Great Big Stees, will provide administrative support. Each will receive sealed double envelopes by 1st Class U S Postal Mail containing a single number, not to be opened until Friday, December 21, 2012.

* We will need someone to volunteer their services to help monitor posted picks and in order to provide timely updates of those numbers. Would anybody interested please let me know by personal message. Volunteer won't have wear any mod hat. Friendly banter and repartee are, of course, welcome. My thanks to each of you and best of luck to all! ~elf 3

Read a book!

Moves
10 Oct 13

What, that you are being stupid? Not really. I've seen you being stupid at other threads.

Why do you come to this thread if this is all so boring and uninteresting for you? Are trolls interested in doing anything other than being trolls? Just asking.
You're a good elf, sumy.. loyal to a fault.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13

By an odd coincidence, Bobby, your mystery contest comes to our attention just about a year to the day
from your infamous subscription contest of Oct. 8, 2012. Let's take a walk down memory lane...

SECOND FREE MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION CONTEST, 2012

* There will be a second contest (following Moose's successful event) to coincide with Christmas, 2012, ...[text shortened]... and repartee are, of course, welcome. My thanks to each of you and best of luck to all! ~elf 3
October 8, 2012. All 28 Pages with 400+ posts, announcement of the winning number and recipients of the prizes. A kind of spirited yearend happening when this forum was lively. I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reveries. Thread 148918

Read a book!

Moves
10 Oct 13
1 edit

Welcome back, Songbird.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Oct 13

You're a good elf, sumy.. loyal to a fault.
Someday you will meet the man of your dreams, and you'll forget all about Richard Simmons.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
October 8, 2012. All 28 Pages with 400+ posts, announcement of the winning number and recipients of the prizes. A kind of spirited yearend happening when this forum was lively. I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reveries. Thread 148918
I found something interesting. Here is part of a post sumydid submitted after the 2012 game was over:

"Now, in closing, I'd like to say something to all the complainers out there that are whining about how the contest ended and what a "farce" it is. The fact is, the contest ended abruptly "without clues" because evidently a host of people complained about the contest proprietor to such a degree, they managed to get him banned; the result of this is, the contest obviously had to be closed down, and prizes awarded based on current data.

It seems a little strange to me that people would join a contest, then run the contest proprietor out of town on a rail, and then complain that the contest came to an end too quickly."

Makes you wonder... are the same trolls and complainers here working to shut this game down?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Oct 13

Does this partner serve in a capacity as someone who is working with someone else in a particular endeavour (at the same task) here at RHP?

Though neither yet realizes it, yes.

Do you know who this partner is?

Read a book!

Moves
10 Oct 13

Do you know who this partner is?
Me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13

Does this partner serve in a capacity as someone who is working with someone else in a particular endeavour (at the same task) here at RHP?

[b]Though neither yet realizes it, yes.

Do you know who this partner is?[/b]
Yes (the correct answer is hiding in plain view).

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Oct 13

Me.
N