1. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 05:10
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Pork Tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, cottage cheese and broccoli.
    i'm having the same, but with chocolate on my cottage cheese.

GRANNY.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 12:03
    I've been given about a 3lb sirloin tip Moose roast. Do I need to marinate it before cooking?
  3. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 14:05
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I've been given about a 3lb sirloin tip Moose roast. Do I need to marinate it before cooking?
    In Canada "marinate" means pee on it. And yes, you should.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 14:30
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    In Canada "marinate" means pee on it. And yes, you should.
    You will, of course, be bringing the whine...right Frank?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 14:31
    You will, of course, be bringing the whine...right Frank?
    Frank always brings the whine.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 15:09
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Frank always brings the whine.
    Aha, then you've met him too.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 15:431 edit
    I KNEW IT!!!

OK, quick summary... no one personally insulted me in this thread, imo someone insulted the people who suffered during WWII.

I didn't call all patriots douche-bags, i called people are are BLINDLY patriotic, douche-bags. There's a big, big difference.

And yes people who call people douche-bags are probably themselves douche-bags but at this douche-bag can spot another douche-bad and you sir are...
    And you're a blindly patriotic European who thinks I was insulting someone by stating facts.

You must be a real pleasure to be around if you think talking about children begging (for chocolate! ) is insulting to them, or if you think it somehow denigrates their memory. Children worldwide will beg for chocolate because they're children and chocolate is a treat. GIs were well-known to have Hershey bars on them from their K-rations, so I do not know where your "infuriation" is coming from. If you have some idealized notion of European kids' behavior around Americans, then just say it. No, you have to toss your nose in the air and crow about how much better you are than me just because I dared to say something you'd probably never dream of. It happened, okay? Get over it. There are many references to this in literature and journalism since WWII. Just because you somehow never heard of it happening, and for some reason think it's a giant abomination to mention it is not my problem, it's yours. Get off my back about it.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 16:13
    I've had chocolate from Europe and the US many, many times and I've never thought of one as superior than the other.

Also, you guys are talking about candy bars where the chocolate is only about 20% actual chocolate.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 16:16
    Cadbury is different here than it is in the states, basically because of the dairy produce being different and imo better in Europe. I didn't say there was anything wrong with American chocolate but most people agree *WHO HAVE TASTED BOTH AND ARE NOT BLIND PATRIOTIC AMERICAN DOUCHE BAGS* that European chocolate is better.
    How are the dairy products different? And what do you mean by better? Better meaning you are more accustomed to the taste?

For instance, I prefer Canadian tobacco to any other tobacco because, to me, I am accustomed to the flavour and the tobacco is fresher where I buy it.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 16:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ask the kids in Europe who begged the US GIs liberating Europe in WWII for their Hershey bars.

A generation later in SE Asia as well.

* And I think it takes a little more than an opinion on chocolate to make a "douche bag". Like calling one who disagrees with your opinion a douche bag. Like rabid anti-American wanna-be-elitist European douche bags.
    Weak argument, Suzi.

Sorry.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 16:18
    I hear the kids in the Philippines are begging for chocolate as well. Maybe some of the Americans who are in Thailand having sex with underage prostitutes can jump on a plane and give them some of their herpes, erm, i mean Hershey bars.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 16:47
    I hear the kids in the Philippines are begging for chocolate as well. Maybe some of the Americans who are in Thailand having sex with underage prostitutes can jump on a plane and give them some of their herpes, erm, i mean Hershey bars.
    Come on now Trev it's not just Americans doing that and you know it. Hell I think there are even Canadians. I know it's hard to believe but we have them here too just as I'm sure there are Irish there as well.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 17:02
    Murderers!
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 17:59
    You certainly don't want to marinate it after cooking it. 😕
  15. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 18:051 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    You certainly don't want to marinate it after cooking it. 😕
    You could do both actually - before and after. Takes many hours though.

I'm not a good cook but I have friends who are, and one of them helped me prepare meat that way when I was hosting a dinner. The result was very good but it took a long time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree