What are you eating?

What are you eating?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Nov 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Come on now Trev it's not just Americans doing that and you know it. Hell I think there are even Canadians. I know it's hard to believe but we have them here too just as I'm sure there are Irish there as well.
For sure, but that wasn't the point...

rc

Moves
14 Nov 13

Originally posted by Trev33
For sure, but that wasn't the point...
the point was Suzziwoozi got pwned!😵

rc

Moves
14 Nov 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the point was Suzziwoozi got pwned!😵
thumbing this down will only bring you bad Karma my friends

The Zen master

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Weak argument, Suzi.

Sorry.
Trev should be pleased with himself now, because he got what he wanted. In the midst of light hearted bantering over food and sweets he tosses in an inappropriate statement meant to inflame and insult. He gets the reaction he was looking for, then perches himself up on a pedestal and defends people who don't need defending. It's an old political trick that worked years ago here in America, but most people today recognise it for what it is.

If I have failed to believe he was only extolling the virtues of European chocolate over American chocolate when he said "BLIND PATRIOTIC AMERICAN DOUCHE BAGS", then he has failed to disguise the flame baiting as a self righteous defense of the "victims". He wanted a reaction and he got what he was looking for, so in essence everyone wins and got what they wanted. Trev gets his reaction and an excuse to act offended, and a few of us who didn't fall for it called him on it.

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
14 Nov 13

Frank always brings the whine.
Trev... GBS... I'm right here!

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
14 Nov 13

Originally posted by lolof
You could do both actually - before and after. Takes many hours though.

I'm not a good cook but I have friends who are, and one of them helped me prepare meat that way when I was hosting a dinner. The result was very good but it took a long time.
So you're saying he should pee on it before and after cooking it?

Moves
14 Nov 13

How are the dairy products different? And what do you mean by better? Better meaning you are more accustomed to the taste?

For instance, I prefer Canadian tobacco to any other tobacco because, to me, I am accustomed to the flavour and the tobacco is fresher where I buy it.
I've ever been to Canada, so i can't comment on dairy produce there. I have been to the states though and a bunch of other countries and i think Irish milk is creamier and has a fresher taste. In Peru you could buy fresh milk but it was fresh as in it came out of the cow, into a bucket and sold. Taste was good but my stomach didn't enjoy it.

Or they had that horrible long life milk sold in cartons that don't need to be refrigerated. I saw it in America has well and wondered why people bought the stuff, then tired 'fresh' milk and it was pretty watery compared to here.

Cheese is another thing, i know South Americans or Indians can't make the stuff but even the 'imported' French cheese in South America tasted pretty bland. Had a similar experience in the states, although it was better. Expect for the cheddar that was supposed to be mature and from Ireland, tasted like rubber.

You're right though about peoples tastes being accustomed to certain things but that doesn't mean one isn't better than the other.

Wine for example, a bunch of countries make it but you can't really say one is better than the other... you can have a favorite but the next person will have a different favorite. Burt then you have something like beef which is pretty much globally agreed that Argentine is the best in the world because of the diet and freedom of the cow.

Irish dairy is similar is that respect, you just need to look at pictures of the country to see how green it is. Cows, while they do eat grains during winter the rest of the year it's all grass (my uncle is a farmer). Irish beef can be really good as well but we seem to put more effort into making dairy produce.

Chicken pretty much tastes the same everywhere and costs pretty much the same as well because they all eat the same chicken feed. Cows are hugely different in that they can just eat grass and are a lot better for it. That's why Argentine beef is said to be the best, the cows just eat grass and are allowed to roam freely in large fields. Plus obviously there are different breads of cow that are better for dairy or for consumption.

Moves
14 Nov 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
Trev should be pleased with himself now, because he got what he wanted. In the midst of light hearted bantering over food and sweets he tosses in an inappropriate statement meant to inflame and insult. He gets the reaction he was looking for, then perches himself up on a pedestal and defends people who don't need defending. It's an old political trick tha ...[text shortened]... reaction and an excuse to act offended, and a few of us who didn't fall for it called him on it.
I was talking about chocolate, she was the one who inappropriately brought begging children in war torn countries into it.

European chocolate is better than American chocolate, that's just fact. Taste a top quality Belgian or Swiz chocolate and i guarantee if you're a chocolate lover you will say it's better than anything America has come up with. And yes i have tasted a lot of American chocolate.

The line in caps was written before anyone jumped into the thread and said i was wrong who hadn't even tasted any European chocolate. People like yourself and Suzi who will defend anything American without ever trying anything else.

d

Moves
15 Nov 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
Trev should be pleased with himself now, because he got what he wanted. In the midst of light hearted bantering over food and sweets he tosses in an inappropriate statement meant to inflame and insult. He gets the reaction he was looking for, then perches himself up on a pedestal and defends people who don't need defending. It's an old political trick tha ...[text shortened]... reaction and an excuse to act offended, and a few of us who didn't fall for it called him on it.
Cram it will ya?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Nov 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Lindt "Excellence 85% Cocoa, Extra Dark" and Ghiradelli "Intense Dark Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao" in the pantry now.
Personally I find that more than around 60% Cocoa makes the chocolate bitter, almost like baking chocolate. If that's your preference, that's fine, just warn the newbies to the high cocoa content, that's all.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Nov 13

I was talking about chocolate, she was the one who inappropriately brought begging children in war torn countries into it.

European chocolate is better than American chocolate, that's just fact. Taste a top quality Belgian or Swiz chocolate and i guarantee if you're a chocolate lover you will say it's better than anything America has come up with. And yes ...[text shortened]... ople like yourself and Suzi who will defend anything American without ever trying anything else.
My point is, that you have to have a high quality chocolate to be "better" than American chocolate. And most regular everyday European chocolate is not that. Sure, you can point to the top end chocolates and say they're better than American chocolate, but overall, the "average" American chocolate is better than the "average" European chocolate. Like I said before, Cadbury chocolate is crap.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Nov 13

European chocolate is better than American chocolate, that's just fact. Taste a top quality Belgian or Swiz chocolate and i guarantee if you're a chocolate lover you will say it's better than anything America has come up with. And yes ...[text shortened]... ople like yourself and Suzi who will defend anything American without ever trying anything else.

The line in caps was written before anyone jumped into the thread and said i was wrong...

No comment needed for those two statements... it speaks for itself.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
15 Nov 13

Cram it will ya?
No.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
15 Nov 13

Chewing gum, Hershey Bars, Nylons, and cigarettes are now available at the Gedunk.
That is all

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
15 Nov 13
1 edit

&list=PLF20DB32428F62E17

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/223/794/poster-wwii-conserve-do-with-less.jpg