when?

when?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
Never in US history have people without symptoms been treated as if they were sick.

Never in US history have people been made destitute because it is possible they are sick.

22 million people have been made unemployed because they are being treated as if they are sick.

Being able to work and provide for a family is important.
Never in U.S. history or the world have we had a Virus this dangerous!

-VR

E

Moves
17 Apr 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Never in U.S. history or the world have we had a Virus this dangerous!

-VR
Lol

To match the Spanish Flu you need to see 2.119 million deaths.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20
2 edits

@eladar said
Lol

That was 102 years ago, I am talking in the last 100 years....Keep in mind the death toll isn't over yet, lets hope we don't reach that mark or pass it but with people like you around, I am thinking we just may!

Thankfully Medicine has come a long way since back then!

-VR

E

Moves
17 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
That was 102 years ago, I am talking in the last 100 years....Keep in mind the death toll isn't over yet, lets hope we don't reach that mark or pass it but with people like you around, I am thinking we just may!

-VR
Oh 100 not 102, gotcha.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Apr 20

@eladar said
Oh 100 not 102, gotcha.
You got something wrong between your ears I suspect, 100 or 102 which is more accurate. You really should quit while you are well behind!

-VR

Moves
17 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
You got something wrong between your ears I suspect, 100 or 102 which is more accurate. You really should quit while you are well behind!

-VR
Is the troll getting trolled? 😉

GG on the games btw, that second one was close.

F

Moves
18 Apr 20

@trev33 said
While true a thinking person will also be able to work out that people can't stay in their houses forever and the virus isn't going to suddenly die off.
Someone is proposing that people "stay in their houses forever"?

Take it to the Straw Man thread, spanky!

F

Moves
18 Apr 20

@eladar said
In the U.S.?

More like 675,000.

E

Moves
18 Apr 20

@fmf said
In the U.S.?

More like 675,000.
Same proportion of dead.

Yeah that calculation may be beyond your ability.

Read a book!

Moves
18 Apr 20

@eladar said
Lol

Tell them the truth, teacher.

According to studies of the so-called Spanish Flu reported in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, malnourishment, overcrowded medical camps and hospitals, and poor hygiene promoted bacterial superinfection, which actually killed most of the victims.

F

Moves
18 Apr 20

@eladar said
Same proportion of dead.

Yeah that calculation may be beyond your ability.
You want the same proportion in the midst of WW1 with the technology and methodology and physical conditions that existed back then as you'd expect in the U.S. 2020?

E

Moves
18 Apr 20

@fmf said
You want the same proportion in the midst of WW1 with the technology and methodology and physical conditions that existed back then as you'd expect in the U.S. 2020?
I am just saying it would not be close to that.

2 million Americans were never going to die.

F

Moves
18 Apr 20

@eladar said
2 million Americans were never going to die.
Your president has said that that is how many could have died if it hadn't been for him. He said 1.6 to 2 million "and even much more than that"?

E

Moves
18 Apr 20

@handyandy said
Tell them the truth, teacher.

According to studies of the so-called Spanish Flu reported in The Journal of Infectious Diseases, malnourishment, overcrowded medical camps and hospitals, and poor hygiene promoted bacterial superinfection, which actually killed most of the victims.
As I said, 2 million Americans were never going to die.

F

Moves
18 Apr 20

@eladar said
I am just saying it would not be close to that.
But what were you "just saying" about the proportion that died in the midst of WW1 ~ with the technology and methodology and physical conditions that existed back then ~ and why were YOU comparing that to the circumstances in the U.S. in 2020?