1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 01:25
    when will we know it's all over and everyone can get back to Pre-Virus days..Im ready right now..
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 01:31
    @ogb said
    when will we know it's all over and everyone can get back to Pre-Virus days..Im ready right now..
    Viruses are here to stay.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 02:383 edits
    @ogb said
    You are asking specifically about a return to "pre-virus days"? I'd say we will know we have returned to those circumstances once there is an affordable and widely available COVID19 vaccine and millions and millions of low paid workers at high risk and with poor access to medical services are being vaccinated for free. Until then, I don't see how anyone could describe ~ or declare ~ the problem and its consequences as being "all over".
  4. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 03:57
    We will never go back to pre-virus days because even if things get better, we will be past the days of the virus, so those days will always be post-virus days
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 04:23
    @ogb said
    Like losing your virginity - you can't go back.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 04:41
    To be fair to ogb, I interpret "pre-virus days" to mean not being couped up at home day after day, 100s of millions of working people being suddenly on the dole, millions of enterprises gone out of business, and people being worried/endangered by physical contact or close proximity.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 05:54
    @ogb said
    If after 4 minutes we still have radio silence...then we’ll know.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 13:41
    @fmf said
    You are asking specifically about a return to "pre-virus days"? I'd say we will know we have returned to those circumstances once there is an affordable and widely available COVID19 vaccine and millions and millions of low paid workers at high risk and with poor access to medical services are being vaccinated for free. Until then, I don't see how anyone could describe ~ or declare ~ the problem and its consequences as being "all over".
    So, 5? 10?years? No vaccine for hiv, how many years has that been killing people?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 13:42
    @fmf said
    To be fair to ogb, I interpret "pre-virus days" to mean not being couped up at home day after day, 100s of millions of working people being suddenly on the dole, millions of enterprises gone out of business, and people being worried/endangered by physical contact or close proximity.
    Agree, easy to be sensitive at the moment.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 13:52
    @ogb said
    Never. The neo-cons will make sure of that. This crisis will not go to waste.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 16:19
    @trev33 said
    So, 5? 10?years? No vaccine for hiv, how many years has that been killing people?
    Probably another 9 months or so.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 16:22
    @ogb said
    You will be free to go back to normal after you let the government give you their vaccine and their microchip.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 17:201 edit
    For those of us who make it life will never be the same in my opinion. A vaccine will need to be discovered and everyone will need to take it, not their choice if they want it.

I had a cosultation with my Doctor the other day, and he was telling me this could be the new normal and Doctors would only see patients if it was established that a physical exam was required. When this all started he said Millions of people would be affected by this world wide.

I know it will be years before I feel completely comfortable again providing I am one of the lucky ones who make it. No one wants to hear this but some of us will not make it through this unfortunately. I know a few of you are remembering me in your prayers some positively and some negatively. 😉

One thing is for sure we are all going to go someday!

-VR
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 17:24
    @Very-Rusty

One of the lucky ones? Most likely you will. A vast majority of people who get thus survive it just fine. Only the very few unlucky ones die.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 17:361 edit
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

One of the lucky ones? Most likely you will. A vast majority of people who get thus survive it just fine. Only the very few unlucky ones die.
    Few?......I guess that would depend on what you considered a few!

Anyone of any age can die from this killer virus. The death toll is far from over I am thinking! There was a 25 year old athlete perfect condition passed. He may have had underlying circumstances no one knew about. All the same he did appear to be in good health before and very active in sports.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree