1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 23:33
    Away to Colombia and Peru for 4 weeks at the start of Feb, have a little 3 day trip to Nice booked in the spring and couple of weeks in Greece in the summer. Oh how I do hate working and living in Europe.

What about yourselves?
  2. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 00:16
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Away to Colombia and Peru for 4 weeks at the start of Feb, have a little 3 day trip to Nice booked in the spring and couple of weeks in Greece in the summer. Oh how I do hate working and living in Europe.

What about yourselves?
    Back and forth to the chemo and scanning clinics...πŸ˜€
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 04:49
    Originally posted by @leur
    Back and forth to the chemo and scanning clinics...πŸ˜€
    That must be very exhausting for you Leur.
    You need to treat yourself to something special once it’s over.

As for my holiday plan? It will be 10 days in Spain or Portugal though tbh I’m just as happy staying at home and since retiring have big plans for a vegetable garden.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 05:201 edit
    https://www.butterfield.com/blog/2015/10/21/the-8-best-cycling-routes-in-france/

As many as possible.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 08:061 edit
    A week in Nice, a few days in Stockholm and London. Agree with Drew, I'm happiest at home.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 09:15
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Agree with Drew, I'm happiest at home.
    Lucky people.
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 10:31
    Back to China for a month. We might go somewhere else asian while we're there.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 13:421 edit
    This year it’s domestic US travel, all family/friends oriented. SoCal, New England, Florida, plus some time on a river yet to be decided. Add me to the list of those who are happy at home. My wife has the travel bug which I benefit from, as she does the arrangements. Most recently with a friend, 3 weeks in Devon and London.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 14:06
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    Back to China for a month. We might go somewhere else asian while we're there.
    I would suggest Vietnam but your wife might need to say she's from Mongolia or somewhere, they're not fand of the Chinese. Other than that beautiful place and lovely people though.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 15:04
    We are off, yet again, to Cuba on the 14th February then who knows where later on in the year. Probably a couple of trips to Quebec to visit family there (my dad and sister and her family) and hopefully some Camping...tent.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 15:06
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    We are off, yet again, to Cuba on the 14th February then who knows where later on in the year. Probably a couple of trips to Quebec to visit family there (my dad and sister and her family) and hopefully some Camping...tent.
    What no golf resort? πŸ˜‰

-VR
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 15:10
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    What no golf resort? πŸ˜‰

-VR
    That's every Sunday, plus, during the golf season here. πŸ™‚
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 15:15
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    That's every Sunday, plus, during the golf season here. πŸ™‚
    So no golfing while on vacation. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 15:17
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    So no golfing while on vacation. πŸ˜‰

-VR
    Not in Cuba. There are not "a lot" of courses there, though they do have, at least one, on Cayo Santa Maria.
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 17:46
    Originally posted by @torunn
    A week in Nice, a few days in Stockholm and London. Agree with Drew, I'm happiest at home.
    My 'partimepartner' (hate using boyfriend at my age) would go on holiday a few times a year if he could afford it whereas I don't like being out of the country for more than 10 days so it's a bit of a problem when it comes to planning a holiday. I just can't bring myself to spend excessive amounts on a holiday and would prefer to spend it on something more lasting like my home.
    Last summer we lost an £800 deposit on a 19 day Florida holiday as I couldn't navigate the visa waiver website. I reimbursed most of his deposit because it felt like my fault. I'll never book a USA holiday again and that disappoints him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree