1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 17:531 edit
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    My 'partimepartner' (hate using boyfriend at my age) would go on holiday a few times a year if he could afford it whereas I don't like being out of the country for more than 10 days so it's a bit of a problem when it comes to planning a holiday. I just can't bring myself to spend excessive amounts on a holiday and would prefer to spend it on something mor ...[text shortened]... sit because it felt like my fault. I'll never book a USA holiday again and that disappoints him.
    'Partimepartner' is a good word, boyfriend definitely doesn't sound right.
    £800 is a lot of money especially when it's lost. I usually get homesick after a week away; the only exception is the times I was in New York, time just rushed by.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 18:13
    Originally posted by @leur
    Back and forth to the chemo and scanning clinics...😀
    Nice.

What kind of wheels did you rent?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 18:17
    For my business I will probably fly to NK and shoot a few hoops with the Rocket man and then head over to Tehran where I can cap off the vacation selling some more"Trump is the orange great Satan" T-shirts.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 18:28
    My 'partimepartner' (hate using boyfriend at my age) would go on holiday a few times a year if he could afford it whereas I don't like being out of the country for more than 10 days so it's a bit of a problem when it comes to planning a holiday. I just can't bring myself to spend excessive amounts on a holiday and would prefer to spend it on something mor ...[text shortened]... sit because it felt like my fault. I'll never book a USA holiday again and that disappoints him.
    Try for Canada, we are a lot less worried about the Welsh than the Americans and our version of Home Land Security will ask some questions but then the just say, "Do you pinky swear that that's the truth?" and if you say yes, you're in.😲😉
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 22:01
    Originally posted by @trev33
    I would suggest Vietnam but your wife might need to say she's from Mongolia or somewhere, they're not fand of the Chinese. Other than that beautiful place and lovely people though.
    Yeah, we can't fry from China to South Korea either. I fancy Malaysia myself. Truly asia
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 22:08
    partimepartner....Now that is a new one for me...LOL...

-VR
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 22:10
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    partimepartner....Now that is a new one for me...LOL...

-VR
    In Sweden we would normally use the word 'särbo', which means you are in a relationship but living in different places.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '18 22:12
    Originally posted by @torunn
    In Sweden we would normally use the word 'särbo', which means you are in a relationship but living in different places.
    Who says we can't learn new things on here. 😉

-VR
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 14:43
    I would suggest Vietnam but your wife might need to say she's from Mongolia or somewhere, they're not fand of the Chinese. Other than that beautiful place and lovely people though.
    I’m at a family party this weekend, sending off my nephew to Vietnam for 5 months. He is very excited.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 14:45
    Originally posted by @torunn
    'Partimepartner' is a good word, boyfriend definitely doesn't sound right.
    Yes the term made me smile too.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 14:49
    For our holiday we have Greece booked.

I have an ambition to take some time and visit some of the worlds best dive sites; maybe 2019. If I do it I will certainly dive in Indonesia and take the opportunity to visit Indonesia Phil and FMF.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 15:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    For our holiday we have Greece booked.

I have an ambition to take some time and visit some of the worlds best dive sites; maybe 2019. If I do it I will certainly dive in Indonesia and take the opportunity to visit Indonesia Phil and FMF.
    You might consider Fathom Five National Marine Park. Though not a diver, I understand it's a really good place to see a lot of shipwrecks. The bonus, of course is that it is within a 4-5 hour drive from where I reside and you might just get the opportunity to meet up with me. That, in itself, should be incentive enough to start making plans. 😉 Good luck in your 2019 quest Dive Guy.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 15:52
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    You might consider Fathom Five National Marine Park. Though not a diver, I understand it's a really good place to see a lot of shipwrecks. The bonus, of course is that it is within a 4-5 hour drive from where I reside and you might just get the opportunity to meet up with me. That, in itself, should be incentive enough to start making plans. 😉 Good luck in your 2019 quest Dive Guy.
    Great tip thanks GBS.
    Yes I’d enjoy meeting up if circumstances aligned.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 19:40
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    Yeah, we can't fry from China to South Korea either. I fancy Malaysia myself. Truly asia
    Malaysia was awesome, food in penang, beach and snorkelling in the perhentian islands with drinking tea in the cameron highlands in the middle. Great choice.
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 12:08
    Malaysia was awesome, food in penang, beach and snorkelling in the perhentian islands with drinking tea in the cameron highlands in the middle. Great choice.
    We've just found out the ban on South Korea has been partially lifted. If we book ourselves (and get advice from the Chinese embassy before we piss the money away), we should be ok

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree