1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 05:46
    To the nearest bar (pub)..as it's within walking distance...(convenient when stumbling home).. There is NO need to travel anywhere..people..everything is on the net,
  2. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 08:47
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Away to Colombia and Peru for 4 weeks at the start of Feb, have a little 3 day trip to Nice booked in the spring and couple of weeks in Greece in the summer. Oh how I do hate working and living in Europe.

What about yourselves?
    La Gomera ((Canary Islands) to stay in a Parador for a week in April. Then Isles of Scilly (St Mary's and Tresco) for a couple of weeks in July. Off to France in August visiting various friends in Brittany, Burgundy and Avignon) then finally three weeks over Christmas in the south of Spain. Oh, how I love being semi-retired!
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '18 16:02
    Originally posted by @pianoman1
    La Gomera ((Canary Islands) to stay in a Parador for a week in April. Then Isles of Scilly (St Mary's and Tresco) for a couple of weeks in July. Off to France in August visiting various friends in Brittany, Burgundy and Avignon) then finally three weeks over Christmas in the south of Spain. Oh, how I love being semi-retired!
    Semi? 🙄
  4. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 07:101 edit
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Semi? 🙄
  5. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 07:13
    Semi? 🙄
    Still teaching piano and doing the odd gig during term time (got to earn the money to pay for the holidays!)
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '18 02:08
    Next week, Bali and Komodo for 6 days. In March, 2 weeks in a camper van South Island New Zealand. After that, back to UK and home for a proper holiday, ie 30 plus years of retirement, hopefully....
    I can't recommend Bali highly enough, provided you stay away from Kuta. Perfect temperature, great beaches, lovely people, very cheap to stay and live (air bnb has some outrageous bargains) and plenty of cheap airfares if you're on a budget. Just keep an eye on that volcano mind...
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:07
    As of now it looks like South France .
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:111 edit
    Nice, France - a week around Midsummer.
    Stockholm/Gävle in April.
  9. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 19:221 edit
    Two of the Canary Islands at the beginning of April for two weeks.Two weeks plus in UK sometime in August.And 3 months in Australia at the end of September.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 19:51
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    As of now it looks like South France .
    We’ve just booked there for a second year running;
    same hotel and at the same price as last year!
  11. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:01
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Away to Colombia and Peru for 4 weeks at the start of Feb, have a little 3 day trip to Nice booked in the spring and couple of weeks in Greece in the summer. Oh how I do hate working and living in Europe.

What about yourselves?
    I find travelling to Cusco to be dreadfully sad. It's awful seeing the ruins of the Inca empire, destroyed by the Spanish.
  12. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    That must be very exhausting for you Leur.
    You need to treat yourself to something special once it’s over.

As for my holiday plan? It will be 10 days in Spain or Portugal though tbh I’m just as happy staying at home and since retiring have big plans for a vegetable garden.
    Holiday to Spain, classic Brit tourist.
  13. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:04
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    Back to China for a month. We might go somewhere else asian while we're there.
    I thought China was totally ghastly.I stayed in the most melancholic town in all of history, called Fangshan. What a dump.

Just to search something online took 5 minutes. It had to approved by censors first. I was tempted to search (they don't have Google) Tiananmen square massacre but I decided that I didn't like Gobi desert gulags.
  14. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:05
    Originally posted by @js357
    This year it’s domestic US travel, all family/friends oriented. SoCal, New England, Florida, plus some time on a river yet to be decided. Add me to the list of those who are happy at home. My wife has the travel bug which I benefit from, as she does the arrangements. Most recently with a friend, 3 weeks in Devon and London.
    Devon - what a special place. Sidmouth is so pretty.
  15. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:05
    We are off, yet again, to Cuba on the 14th February then who knows where later on in the year. Probably a couple of trips to Quebec to visit family there (my dad and sister and her family) and hopefully some Camping...tent.
    Going to Cuba (at least when I went) is like stepping back in time. The sanctions had that affect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree