1. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:07
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Try for Canada, we are a lot less worried about the Welsh than the Americans and our version of Home Land Security will ask some questions but then the just say, "Do you pinky swear that that's the truth?" and if you say yes, you're in.😲😉
    I got taken aside all the time in Canada. Like literally every time. They always bloody searched my bag. I was coming from SA most of the time - maybe that was suspicious to them.
  2. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:12
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker
    Two of the Canary Islands at the beginning of April for two weeks.Two weeks plus in UK sometime in August.And 3 months in Australia at the end of September.
    My father lives in Sydney for most of the year. It's really a lovely city, but coming from South Africa I miss Africans too much. Plus, the rumours are true. They really are extremely anal about rules. You can't drive over 100 kms an hour, which is just painfully slow.
  3. RSA
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:15
    I have a shocking confession to make: I have been to many on holiday and lived in countries around it, but I have never once set foot in the mainland United States.

I've been to Puerto Rico but that doesn't count.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 20:261 edit
    If i get contracts done for translations of 2 thick books I might just do as following (wish plan)::
    since package arrangement disfavor single travelers and I can't get room with balcony in my "old" Rethymnon hotel, I plan to go to Crete in my own arrangement. The lack of charter flights (separated from packages. that is) makes it more expensive and complicated, but what a parsnip.

So, I'll take EasyJet non-stop flight from MIlan to Chania, on Crete island. In order to give some meaning to it and to add some plaseure as well, I'll arrive in Milan few days earlier to see three gigs in a row
    June 22nd Pearl Jam
    June 23rd Oasis (Noel Gallagher and his new band)
    June 24rd Queens Of Stone Age and Offsring
    then relaxing day June 25 and cheap but delicious parmigian malenzyano in cute family restaurant and plenty of negroni cocktails in city bars
    26th June - Easyjet morning flight to Chania airport
    and then 13 days in Rethymno in family rented apartment in old town.
    Excellent beach, my favourite pastry shop, delicious food, few excursions, chess online, I love Crete.

Then return trip can be boring as via Athens I don't care if I lose luggage on my way back.

And, in September, another 10 days in Rethymnon, from 5th Septemeber this time cheap average hotel, the weather will still be great, I know that from expeirence. (Package arrangement va agency, charter flights.),

September 27th
    Jeff Lynne's Electric Light Orchestra nostalgic gig in Amsterdam.

November 2018 I will probably spend on 3 opens in Serbia in a row, last of which would be Belgrade Trophy.

But so far there're just plans.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 11:03
    I'm already making plans for next summer - sometimes the planning of a trip is as enjoyable as the actual vacation: Spain or Cyprus with my youngest grandchildren. They love it and so do I.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 04:15
    According to plan we will be in northern Italy camping for two weks.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 06:15
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    According to plan we will be in northern Italy camping for two weks.
    The whole family?
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Apr '18 14:50
    Originally posted by @torunn
    The whole family?
    Actually the "Boys" are grown up, so ist just me and my wife.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Apr '18 14:51
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Actually the "Boys" are grown up, so ist just me and my wife.
    It sounds very nice, hope you will have a good time.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '18 18:47
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Away to Colombia and Peru for 4 weeks at the start of Feb, have a little 3 day trip to Nice booked in the spring and couple of weeks in Greece in the summer. Oh how I do hate working and living in Europe.

What about yourselves?
    Just back from Nice yesterday, Monaco was a pleasant surprise.

Just Greece to look forward to now... 3 whole months without a flight? How will i cope
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 May '18 12:07
    Walt Disney World
    Orlando, Florida
    USA
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 May '18 12:16
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Just back from Nice yesterday, Monaco was a pleasant surprise.

Just Greece to look forward to now... 3 whole months without a flight? How will i cope
    Perhaps by making "more" chess moves? 😲😉
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 May '18 12:541 edit
    Nice, France - a week around Midsummer.
    Stockholm/Gävle in April.
    Skärhamn May 7-9
    Nice France June 19-26
    Stockholm/Gävle Aug 10-12

No computer available on these occcasions.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 May '18 14:061 edit
    Skärhamn May 7-9
    Nice France June 19-26
    Stockholm/Gävle Aug 10-13

No computer available on these occcasions.
    Just prolonged one item.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 05:12
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker
    Two of the Canary Islands at the beginning of April for two weeks.Two weeks plus in UK sometime in August.And 3 months in Australia at the end of September.
    Those are some nice holidays, especially the 3 months in Auz, wow!

When you come to the UK in August let me know and I’ll buy you a beer. Or a cup of tea...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree