1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 12:23
    @great-big-stees said
    Waaaay too much effort for me to even think about doing something like that. Besides, I really don't need to exercise more than I previously mentioned I do. Everything I do, I do in moderation.
    As you should at your age! 😉

-VR
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 12:44
    @very-rusty said
    As you should at your age! 😉

-VR
    ANY age...well maybe if you are "young" and sedentary, easing into some sort of vigorous exercise may be what to do. But it is important, at whatever age, that you do some sort of physical activity.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 12:491 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    ANY age...well maybe if you are "young" and sedentary, easing into some sort of vigorous exercise may be what to do. But it is important, at whatever age, that you do some sort of physical activity.
    Agreed, but one can only do so much depending on how good of shape you happen to be in. An easy work out for some would be a very difficult work out for others. Age does become a factor as you get older in the majority of people. I know people only in their 50's who have had knee and hip replacements already. They don't as a rule want to them until you are older but sometimes there is no choice and it has to be done as they only last for so long then have to be replaced.

-VR
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 12:55
    @very-rusty said
    Agreed, but one can only do so much depending on how good of shape you happen to be in. An easy work out for some would be a very difficult work out for others. Age does become a factor as you get older in the majority of people. I know people only in their 50's who have had knee and hip replacements already. They don't as a rule want to them until you are older but someti ...[text shortened]... re is no choice and it has to be done as they only last for so long then have to be replaced.

-VR
    In my youth,into my early 20s, I played a lot of physical sports and started having issues later on (50s,60s) but continued with less physical activities and the issues seemed to lessen allowing me to bypass any surgeries (parts replacement)...thus far anyway.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 13:29
    @great-big-stees said
    In my youth,into my early 20s, I played a lot of physical sports and started having issues later on (50s,60s) but continued with less physical activities and the issues seemed to lessen allowing me to bypass any surgeries (parts replacement)...thus far anyway.
    I can't say I haven't had any surgeries, but so far no part replacements have been required. 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 15:35
    @chaney3 said

Point: work out, no matter your age.
    Got to agree with that. I’m fitter than I’ve ever been since retirement.

I do 50 squats and 50 push-ups daily, swim in the sea for around an hour twice a week and walk 3 miles in 50 mins on the other days.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 17:32
    @drewnogal said
    Got to agree with that. I’m fitter than I’ve ever been since retirement.

I do 50 squats and 50 push-ups daily, swim in the sea for around an hour twice a week and walk 3 miles in 50 mins on the other days.
    Are you over 50? If you are that is fantastic if you are being sincere about it.

-VR
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 17:34
    @very-rusty said
    Are you over 50? If you are that is fantastic if you are being sincere about it.

-VR
    Why would she be insincere about it?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 17:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why would she be insincere about it?
    Are you drewnogal's spokesperson now?

-VR
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 18:25
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Well there are a lot of 50s in her response.🤔
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 18:39
    @very-rusty said
    Are you drewnogal's spokesperson now?

-VR
    Yes sir, yes I am. (And Torunn).
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 18:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes sir, yes I am. (And Torunn).
    Hmmmm, a man about eh?🤔
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 18:531 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Hmmmm, a man about eh?🤔
    Well, technically I'm Torunn's nominated advice guru (particularly on such important issues as marmalade). I also advise Kev on Earl Grey and Suzianne on candy floss and Maltesers.

(True story).
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 18:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Well, technically I'm Torunn's nominated advice guru (particularly on such important issues as marmalade). I also advise Kev on Earl Grey and Suzianne on candy floss and Maltesers.

(True story).
    Goad is my mentor specializing on English delicacies.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 18:59
    @torunn said
    Goad is my mentor specializing on English delicacies.
    I will make time tomorrow to instruct on the correct way to eat a scone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree