Working out, part 2

Working out, part 2

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
Hmmmm, a man about eh?🤔
We call that playing the field! 😉

-VR

c

Moves
26 Aug 19

@drewnogal said
Got to agree with that. I’m fitter than I’ve ever been since retirement.

I do 50 squats and 50 push-ups daily, swim in the sea for around an hour twice a week and walk 3 miles in 50 mins on the other days.
That's excellent!!

Good for you, and an assortment of different exercises to keep your body 'shocked', which causes results.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
27 Aug 19
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Are you over 50? If you are that is fantastic if you are being sincere about it.

-VR
Am I over 50? I like it!

I’ve walked for years so I practically wheel along 😊 I used to run in my 30’s but gave that up for cycling then pool swimming and using the gym in my 40’s. Now I prefer getting outdoors which I love and costs nothing. I have a Magicseaweed app which gives me the surf, wind and tide conditions plus the webcam at my local beaches so can plan the best days to swim 1-2 weeks in advance. The only problem now is I’m prone to cramp in my hamstrings after 30 mins in the water which I’ve read is due to muscle loss which starts to occur after 45?

Use it or lose it I say 💪🏻.

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Aug 19

@drewnogal said
Am I over 50? I like it!

I’ve walked for years so I practically wheel along 😊 I used to run in my 30’s but gave that up for cycling then pool swimming and using the gym in my 40’s. Now I prefer getting outdoors which I love and costs nothing. I have a Magicseaweed app which gives me the surf, wind and tide conditions plus the webcam at my local beaches so can plan the be ...[text shortened]... hich I’ve read is due to muscle loss which starts to occur after 45?

You're doing great, Drew - getting old(er) we can do less but the important thing is to keep moving.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
27 Aug 19
1 edit

@torunn said
You're doing great, Drew - getting old(er) we can do less but the important thing is to keep moving.
Absolutely and it’s so good for mental health too. I feel incredibly relaxed after being in the sea where I work on increasing my stamina and confidence in the waves.

There’s now an organisation which introduces young people with anxiety and depression to surfing and it’s been having some very positive effects. https://www.waveproject.co.uk/about-us/

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Aug 19

@drewnogal said
Absolutely and it’s so good for mental health too. I feel incredibly relaxed after being in the sea where I work on increasing my stamina and confidence in the waves.

There’s now an organisation which introduces young people with anxiety and depression to surfing and it’s been having some very positive effects. https://www.waveproject.co.uk/about-us/
Great stuff.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Aug 19

@drewnogal said
Am I over 50? I like it!

I’ve walked for years so I practically wheel along 😊 I used to run in my 30’s but gave that up for cycling then pool swimming and using the gym in my 40’s. Now I prefer getting outdoors which I love and costs nothing. I have a Magicseaweed app which gives me the surf, wind and tide conditions plus the webcam at my local beaches so can plan the be ...[text shortened]... hich I’ve read is due to muscle loss which starts to occur after 45?

Muscle loss can start after age 30 actually. Keep up the good work though as you are helping to build muscle, many people claim that swimming works all your muscles. I believe it to be true, also one feels very relaxed after a good swim, especially in the ocean, pool works too. Keep up the good work!!!

Age-related muscle loss, called sarcopenia, is a natural part of aging. After age 30, you begin to lose as much as 3% to 5% per decade.Feb 19, 2016
Preserve your muscle mass - Harvard Health

https://www.health.harvard.edu › staying-healthy › preserve-your-muscle-mass

-VR

Moves
27 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Muscle loss can start after age 30 actually. Keep up the good work though as you are helping to build muscle, many people claim that swimming works all your muscles. I believe it to be true, also one feels very relaxed after a good swim, especially in the ocean, pool works too. Keep up the good work!!!

Age-related muscle loss, called sarcopenia, is a natural part of agi ...[text shortened]... arvard Health

https://www.health.harvard.edu › staying-healthy › preserve-your-muscle-mass

-VR
I'm getting "man boobs", and I'm only 73. 😠

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
That is ok did you know?

There's a current trend in soccer of players wearing sports bras under their skin-tight jerseys. ... These monitors track each player and provide coaches and trainers “access to data that they previously couldn't have dreamed of, including speed, distance covered and overall wear and tear on the athlete.”Aug 31, 2016

-VR

Moves
27 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
That is ok did you know?

There's a current trend in soccer of players wearing sports bras under their skin-tight jerseys. ... These monitors track each player and provide coaches and trainers “access to data that they previously couldn't have dreamed of, including speed, distance covered and overall wear and tear on the athlete.”Aug 31, 2016

-VR
I bought a "training bra" but when I was getting ready to shower after my hockey game, the other guys teased me. 😢

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
I bought a "training bra" but when I was getting ready to shower after my hockey game, the other guys teased me. 😢
Perhaps wait till you get home to shower! 😉

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I will make time tomorrow to instruct on the correct way to eat a scone.
Is it with breakfast, with sausage gravy, often with eggs?

The food in America most like scones are called biscuits here. This is why we boggle at your word biscuit meaning a cookie.

Moves
27 Aug 19

@suzianne said
Is it with breakfast, with sausage gravy, often with eggs?

The food in America most like scones are called biscuits here. This is why we boggle at your word biscuit meaning a cookie.
Ya mean like "Crisps" and potato chips?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
27 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
They’d better not be bigger than mine! 😼

Moves
27 Aug 19

@drewnogal said
They’d better not be bigger than mine! 😼