Working out, part 2

Working out, part 2

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Aug 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
Rude is projecting your thought patterns onto others.
No rude is HOW you project your thought patterns onto others, and you can at times be very rude. I am no saint myself and don't pretend to be.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Aug 19
2 edits

@suzianne said
I get my core elsewhere, usually while performing other sets.

Planking is amateurish and boring.

Didn't say I couldn't do them. I simply find them useless.
Then you are missing out on a great exercise to strenghten your core, you just don't see it.

I think you might find them too difficult for you, because you don't have a good body core to begin with. Got to start off slowly.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
I haven't done those since before 2011 when I tore a bicep tendon. I think the push ups are good enough pull-ups are more for younger men as a rule, although some older guys can do them too. At 40 your still young I could be your father! 😉

-VR
Tendon tears are the absolute worst. You lose so much time in recovery that you will probably never be the same. I've never torn a tendon, thank God. It would almost be like starting from scratch.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Aug 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
Tendon tears are the absolute worst. You lose so much time in recovery that you will probably never be the same. I've never torn a tendon, thank God. It would almost be like starting from scratch.
I tore my bicep tendon back in 2011 and am still concerned about doing pull ups. The physio took about 6 months. You are right you never really feel the same as you did and always seem to favour that arm. A 16 year old tore his same day as me and I was ready to stop the physio before him. We both had the same woman surgeon and she figures he wasn't doing his exercises they give you to do at home which were hard and painful, but I did them faithfully every day.

-VR

is getting old...

Moves
25 Aug 19

Are you two bonding? 😮

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Then you are missing out on a great exercise to strenghten your core, you just don't see it.

I think you might find them too difficult for you, because you don't have a good body core to begin with. Got to start off slowly.

-VR
Too difficult, yeah, right.

Try doing pullups holding your legs out perfectly horizontally.

And as I said, come talk to me about how good planking is once you can do the salmon ladder. Feet together, no kicking! I have zero reason to do only core training when I can do it while doing other forms.

is getting old...

Moves
25 Aug 19

The best ab workout is pull-ups.
I know it sounds crazy but iit is.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Aug 19

@suzianne said

And as I said, come talk to me about how good planking is once you can do the salmon ladder. Feet together, no kicking! I have zero reason to do only core training when I can do it while doing other forms.
Have to admit I cheat when doing the salmon ladder and use a mackerel trampoline.

😳

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Aug 19

@suzianne said

Ok I didn't know what you were talking about by the salmon ladder. I've seen my brothers doing that to strenghten their core too.....I understand what you are saying now. The planks probably would be boring to you after doing the salmon ladder which I doubt I could do now.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Aug 19

@patzering said
The best ab workout is pull-ups.
I know it sounds crazy but iit is.
Lots of trainers argue about what the best excise is for abs!

Everyone seems to have a different idea.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 19

@patzering said
...said the leftist who tries to tell traditional people to accept all depravity in the perverted youth of today. 🙄
Yes, says the leftist.

Look at your statement. You're the one projecting your precious thought patterns on others. Once you use the words depravity and perversion in the same sentence, people stop listening.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Aug 19

Abs workouts
How to do each abs workout. Each of these abs workouts is a mini-circuit you can do at the end of your main workout. ...
1 Dumbbell crunch. Reps 10 Rest 10sec. ...
2 Tuck and crunch. Reps 15 Rest 10sec. ...
3 Modified V-sit. Reps 12 Rest 10sec. ...
4 Crunch. ...
1 Hanging leg raise. ...
2 Hanging knee raise twist. ...
3 Hanging knee raise.

-VR

Moves
25 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Have to admit I cheat when doing the salmon ladder and use a mackerel trampoline.

😳
Ok, now that's a bit "fishy".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Aug 19
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
Ok, now that's a bit "fishy".
Nothing to do with fish gbs (Sighs)

Try that one out sometime....LOL...

-VR

Moves
26 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Nothing to do with fish gbs (Sighs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGqgmS981E

Try that one out sometime....LOL...

-VR
Waaaay too much effort for me to even think about doing something like that. Besides, I really don't need to exercise more than I previously mentioned I do. Everything I do, I do in moderation.