1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    You've addressed 7-8 posts to me on this topic. That is surely "a discussion", no?
    I wonder how many of the "participants" are discussing a solution?
  2. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why do you keep saying robbie has got to criticize his own nation if he is going to oppose military action? Why do you keep saying robbie has to explain why the UK engages in military action? Are these examples of how people discuss things where you are from?
    Do you actually read what I am writing? I cannot explain why I have said what I have any better than I already have. lol 🙄 But I will give it one more go, just for you....

I did not say that robbie needs to criticize his own nation in order to oppose military action. What I did say (in reference to a specific post in which he blamed America for many things) that perhaps he ought to throw his own country under the bus too, because it has been with us a good majority of the time.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:17
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I wonder how many of the "participants" are discussing a solution?
    The discussion, such as it is, would be improved if it were not strewn with informal fallacies and deflections. 😉
  4. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    The discussion, such as it is, would be improved if it were not strewn with informal fallacies and deflections. 😉
    Yes, so true. So will you please stop already? 😉
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sorry, I meant the bombers and the bombees.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:21
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    What I [b]did say (in reference to a specific post in which he blamed America for many things) that perhaps he ought to throw his own country under the bus too, because it has been with us a good majority of the time.[/b]
    How many times do you have to have it pointed out to you that robbie has been criticizing his own country for its military actions for years and years?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:22
    Yes, so true. So will you please stop already? 😉
    I've been discussing this with you in good faith.
  8. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:23
    Hope there are other options on the table other than war.
    I can't think of any 🙁

Somebody offer some up!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:23
    I have a feeling they are just wanting to be seen to do something "decisive" and they are constricted by the fact that the "West" has got itself to the point where the term "boots on the ground" is politically toxic.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:25
    Hope there are other options on the table other than war.
    I can't think of any 🙁

Somebody offer some up!
    Someone is buying the oil that ISIS is producing and if that is stopped ISIS are going to find it very difficult to do what they do.
  11. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many times do you have to have it pointed out to you that robbie has been criticizing his own country for its military actions for years and years?
    Well, he seemed to mostly scold America today. And that is what I was responding to...

And like I said, you telling me what he has said or not said in the past..no offense? But unless I heard or read it myself, it would hold no weight.
    Sorry? 😕
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've been discussing this with you in good faith.
    I don't think so 😉

Do I get to decide this or you?
    lol
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Someone is buying the oil that ISIS is producing and if that is stopped ISIS are going to find it very difficult to do what they do.
    There are always some who "gain" from wars and as a result, because of their powerful influences, they can make the leaders, on both sides, continue or start these wars.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    And like I said, you telling me what he has said or not said in the past..no offense? But unless I heard or read it myself, it would hold no weight.
    Sorry? 😕
    Presumably you hope that what you say in this arena holds weight? I respect you enough to say that it does hold weight with me.
  15. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, sure - that has to be part of the solution. But that's it? Sheesh - I hope it is that easy 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree