1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:34
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    There are always some who "gain" from wars and as a result, because of their powerful influences, they can make the leaders, on both sides, continue or start these wars.
    Some of the bombs that will be dropped will earn $1,000,000 or more a piece for certain players in the private sector. I'd hope that nobody from those business is anywhere near ~ or lobbying ~ the politicians who are deliberating on the justification for dropping those bombs (and buying more). 😕
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some of the bombs that will be dropped will earn $1,000,000 or more a piece for certain players in the private sector. I'd hope that nobody from those business is anywhere near ~ or lobbying ~ the politicians who are deliberating on the justification for dropping those bombs (and buying more). 😕
    You can't be that naive.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:36
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Well, sure - that has to be part of the solution. But that's it? Sheesh - I hope it is that easy 😳
    If there are terminals in Turkey where ISIS oil is being received and distributed on ~ say it's true ~ should the 'Allies' bomb them?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:37
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    You can't be that naive.
    Perhaps, but I can certainly be that ironic! 😵
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps, but I can certainly be that ironic! 😵
    *LOL* You sure can.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    If there are terminals in Turkey where ISIS oil is being received and distributed on ~ say it's true ~ should the 'Allies' bomb them?
    Does history still teach us nothing?
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Presumably you hope that what you say in this arena holds weight? I respect you enough to say that it does hold weight with me.
    lol Oh ok 😉

No, I don't hope what I say in this arena holds any weight? Why would I? I am just voicing my opinions. I enjoy hearing others' opinions on things and mulling them over - even long after the thread is gone. I appreciate a certain fairness in how posters interact. I am not a fan of the cherry picker...because most anything taken out of context can be manipulated to suit a poster's desire.

And you know...robbie could have said the same thing, just not in such an inflammatory way, and we could have had a decent discussion.

My point was, that out of respect for robbie, I would never go by your paraphasing/interpretation of his previous statements. That is certainly not to say I think you are lying or anything...it is just to say I like to personally process another poster's thoughts without the influence of others.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:45
    And you know...robbie could have said the same thing, just not in such an inflammatory way, and we could have had a decent discussion.
    I have said nothing in "an inflammatory way". You have an odd way of dealing with disagreement. Inflammatory? Which bit?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:47
    I appreciate a certain fairness in how posters interact. I am not a fan of the cherry picker...because most anything taken out of context can be manipulated to suit a poster's desire..
    I haven't been cherry picking. I have confronted you on your front-and-central "argument" in response to what robbie said ~ an argument you have repeated several times already. It has not been taken out of context.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:48
    My point was, that out of respect for robbie, I would never go by your paraphasing/interpretation of his previous statements. That is certainly not to say I think you are lying or anything...it is just to say I like to personally process another poster's thoughts without the influence of others.
    So you think robbie may support UK military action and oppose US military action?
  11. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    I wouldn't even begin to act as though I know where, when, and if bombs should be dropped.
    A consensus of the freedom-loving world needs to get a legit, unified, stern course of action in place and implement it.
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have said nothing in "an inflammatory way". You have an odd way of dealing with disagreement. Inflammatory? Which bit?
    I did not say you did. lol
    I was referring to his words.
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    I haven't been cherry picking. I have confronted you on your front-and-central "argument" in response to what robbie said ~ an argument you have repeated several times already. It has not been taken out of context.
    I disagree.
  14. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you think robbie may support UK military action and oppose US military action?
    Huh? I was just responding to what he wrote here today. I think I have explained myself ad nauseum. lol
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 03:56
    Huh? I was just responding to what he wrote here today. I think I have explained myself ad nauseum. lol
    Do you still need him to condemn UK military action and also explain why UK military action has often been in concert with US military action?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree