1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 13:27
    @suzianne said
    Except that RHP's definition of "rated player" is one who has completed 20 games and can now have their games rated, i.e. they are no longer 'provisional', they are now 'rated'.

On HandyAndy's page, he has 6 icons. They are, from left to right: "First move", "Won a game", "1 rated game complete", "3 rated games complete", "Halfway - 10 rated games complete", and finally, ...[text shortened]... get. Once a player subs, then his consecutive years playing is noted by the ribbon icons, instead.
    I'm no longer provisional, and my profile does not list me as a rated player. I have posted a query to Russ and await with baited breath the answer, ex cathedra.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 13:29
    @divegeester said
    Thanks! Second postive comment on it. As I said to the other poster, I loved the series even though it failed to satisfy, and also the idea is a methaphor for my own life at times.
    There were so few episodes, and many people were unsatisfied by the final episode where No. One is revealed. Still, it was a milestone is surrealist TV.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 13:31
    @moonbus said
    I'm no longer provisional, and my profile does not list me as a rated player. I have posted a query to Russ and await with baited breath the answer, ex cathedra.
    "Once a player subs, then his consecutive years playing is noted by the ribbon icons, instead."

You have a subscription.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 16:10
    @moonbus said
    You wait with bated breath. Baited breath is for catching fish.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 16:23
    @handyandy said
    You wait with bated breath. Baited breath is for catching fish.
    and fishbreath will chase away the fish...
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 16:30
    @divegeester said
    Thanks! Second postive comment on it. As I said to the other poster, I loved the series even though it failed to satisfy, and also the idea is a methaphor for my own life at times.
    Is the missus number 1 ??? 😉
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 16:53
    @suzianne said
    "Once a player subs, then his consecutive years playing is noted by the ribbon icons, instead."

You have a subscription.
    Andy and I are both subs; his profile shows a ribbon with icons, incl. rated player; mine does not. Why the difference?
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 17:16
    @moonbus said
    Andy and I are both subs; his profile shows a ribbon with icons, incl. rated player; mine does not. Why the difference?
    you make moves regularly, he does not...
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 17:18
    @moonbus said
    It's because I'm better looking than you.

Seriously, I let my RHP subscription lapse when I decided to take a hiatus from active chess.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 17:44
    @wolfgang59 said
    Is the missus number 1 ??? 😉
    Oh yes, very much so 🙂
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 17:48
    @rookie54 said
    and fishbreath will chase away the fish...
    I abate with weighted breath.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 19:06
    @divegeester said
    Edit: for those players with it, it seems to replace the “playing for X consecutive years” badge.
    And when was Andy's last move? Come on, common sense donkey... just like the rest of the Brixet donkeys, no common sense 😉
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 19:08
    @moonbus said
    It takes a certain character to carry off a ribbon.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 21:33
    So, to sum up, I have to acquire a certain character, be better looking, move less frequently, let my sub lapse, and lose the fishbreath -- just to get a ribbon??
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 21:54
    @moonbus said
    So, to sum up, I have to acquire a certain character, be better looking, move less frequently, let my sub lapse, and lose the fishbreath -- just to get a ribbon??
    That and more humility.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree