1. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 20:08
    @kevin-eleven said
    Not to speak for Dive, but I believe he would agree with that as a general principle, but where is the kindness in the way you wrote that? Seems too scolding.
    That’s a very one way of looking at it, I expected more.
  2. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 20:11
    @kevin-eleven said
    Sorry, VR, but that just sounds like making threats for the sake of trying to control someone else. As you and I both know, the human tendency to control others can lead to anger, frustration, resentments, and even worse.

However, as you might have observed, I naturally tend to be more inclusive, especially when it comes to apparent outcasts, and you had damn well better try to be more inclusive or there will be consequences! Mark my words, mister!!!

😉
    ? Again
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 20:42
    @mike69 said
    Maybe you get what you give?
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 20:43
    @mike69 said
    ? Again
    Walgreens was out of the discounted Peeps from Easter. Nothing I could do about that.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 20:57
    @mike69 said
    You might have your own answer if you treat your friends like you treat others?
    I don’t treat my friends like I treat “others”.
    They are “others” and my friends are my friends.

You’re an “other” by the way.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 21:05
    @mike69 said
    You seem to be someone who thinks other people should care about your expectations.

Expectations can lead to disappointment, in case you haven't discovered that for yourself already.
  7. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 21:14
    @kevin-eleven said
    Maybe you get what you give?
    Well of course there are times to drive different speeds and amounts of force to the brakes depending how quickly you need to stop. I’m not saying I’m right or wrong but I tried. Are you telling me your- Right?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 21:19
    @mike69 said
    Well of course there are times to drive different speeds and amounts of force to the brakes depending how quickly you need to stop. I’m not saying I’m right or wrong but I tried. Are you telling me your- Right?
    It's not so much that I'm "right" in your Earth terms -- it's just that I have The Noumenon on my side. 😉
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 21:22
    @kevin-eleven said
    Walgreens was out of the discounted Peeps from Easter. Nothing I could do about that.
    Answering questions with questions;(.

Here’s a funny thing about your last post I just thought of. I’ve never done social media in my life except here. I thought I finally had it down and it seems I’m still doing it wrong? I just can’t figure it out??
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 21:25
    @mike69 said
    Answering questions with questions;(.

Here’s a funny thing about your last post I just thought of. I’ve never done social media in my life except here. I thought I finally had it down and it seems I’m still doing it wrong? I just can’t figure it out??
    You're doing fine. Your posts are quite all right. They are more than up to snuff.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 22:19
    @torunn said
    Stees is a diplomatic type of person, likes to sit on the fence sometimes - that's just how he is, he is still a friend.
    When a person is being "diplomatic", as you put it, it is sometimes the moment one realizes that there is no substance to the friendship with that person. "Diplomatic" and "sitting on the fence" are sometimes nothing more than polite ways of referring to failure and disloyalty in the context of a friendship.
  12. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 23:34
    @kevin-eleven said
    It's not so much that I'm "right" in your Earth terms -- it's just that I have The Noumenon on my side. 😉
    So did the Noumenon tell you that you were correct or incorrect?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 04:12
    @kevin-eleven said
    Easy, Tiger. Perhaps you are not a jackass, but just misunderstood, and maybe still reacting to some early-life traumas as well as you know how. I'm sure many of us would understand and accept that, perhaps even commiserate with your situation, and allow you some space to work all that out at your own pace. I am not completely against you. Only partially so. 😉
    Whatever, yawn.

Find a friend and let me know how your expectations go.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 04:14
    @mike69 said
    You might have your own answer if you treat your friends like you treat others?
    Friends are not others. “Others” are internet pissants like you. Friends are loyal people who are interesting and fun to be around.

I have different expectations from each.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 04:314 edits
    @torunn said
    Not that I fully understand what you are referring to, but Stees is a diplomatic type of person, likes to sit on the fence sometimes - that's just how he is, he is still a friend.
    You don’t understand? And yet the topic has been argued about in this forum off an on for a year!? Then let me explain. Again.

I expect more from a friend than them to be “sitting on the fence” when I’m being lied about.

When Ghost of a Duke started that weasel thread in his club, he lied about me in it, he encouraged all of you lot to comment and kick me and FMF in the teeth. He deliberately started a division between (real life) “friends” whereby those friends needed to step up and question what was being said, or to sit on the fence. Neither I (nor FMF) were in the club to defend ourselves, so I “expect” my friends to step up to the mark not “sit of the fence”.

If the weasel Ghost of a Duke had started the thread in public, in this forum it would be different because I (or FMF) would have torn strips off of him, straight to his face. As we have been ever since actually.

We only found out about the divisive secret thread because a “true friend” [who subsequently got booted from the club by the weasel for allegedly “not contributing”], screen grabbed all of it and sent it to us on email.

So no, I’m not interested in collecting “fence sitting” “diplomatic” lightweight friends no matter how superficially “nice” they are. I expect friends to have backbone, character and strength of conviction. I expect a friend to have my back. No one who claimed to be a friend in real life in did. Except one. So choices were made and here we are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree