1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 07:13
    Hey InterWebZ nerds! Here's your chance!
    Let the wise, unbiased and well-balanced Rusty give you guiding about HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.

He is rough, tough and says it like he sees it.

Gems like this:

People giving you funny looks on the street?

VR: Never happens to me! Perhaps grow some*, and walk to them and ask them why the hell they are giving you funny looks next time!

* strange place for a farming reference, except he forgot to mention what I should be growing! Spinach perhaps?
  2. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 07:151 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Let the wise, unbiased and well-balanced Rusty give you guiding about HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.

Gems like this:

[b]People giving you funny looks on the street?

VR: Never happens to me! Perhaps grow some*, and walk to them and ask them why the hell the ...[text shortened]... a farming reference, except he forgot to mention what I should be growing! Spinach perhaps?[/b]
    Agriculture is an important part of REAL LIFE. What's more strange is when people say to "grow a pear".
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 07:43
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Agriculture is an important part of REAL LIFE. What's more strange is when people say to "grow a pear".
    True. The very computer you are typing now and the bag of crisps you use for sustenance are all grown in fields somewhere.

Pears are useless. All they are impromptu paperweights...
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 09:09
    True. The very computer you are typing now and the bag of crisps you use for sustenance are all grown in fields somewhere.

Pears are useless. All they are impromptu paperweights...
    All they are impromptu paperweights are belong to us.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 12:022 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 12:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 12:461 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Page 3 Thread 104409

Kak si?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 12:53

Gems like this:

[i][b]People giving you funny looks on the street?

VR: Never happens to me! Perhaps grow some*, and walk to them and ask them why the hell the ...[text shortened]... for a farming reference, except he forgot to mention what I should be growing! Spinach perhaps?[/b]
    You may have chemistry/friction issues with Rusty, fine. Launching a gratuitous thread just to grandstand gives new meaning to compulsive

nitpicky straining at a (two letter word omission) gnat. Maturity is his obvious reference, as in 'to grow up some' (emotionally, not in girth).

😉

Note: Would be helpful to know the context of his comment. Specically who posted "People giving you funny looks... " and in which thread.
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 13:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    You may have chemistry/friction issues with Rusty, fine. Launching a gratuitous thread just to grandstand gives new meaning to compulsive

nitpicky straining at a (two letter word omission) gnat. Maturity is his obvious reference, as in 'to grow up some' (emotionally, not in girth).

😉

Note: Would be helpful to know the context of his comment. Specically who posted "People giving you funny looks... " and in which thread.
    Maybe if you read the whole thread before posting you would have seen the thread in question.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 13:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

😉

Gratuitous thread? Show me another kind in the general forum.

Also, isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to be judging Crowley for starting a thread which takes the mick out of another member. Aren't all of your threads (and lets remember who starts the most gratuitous threads in General), veiled insults against the membership of the site.

D
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 13:36
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

Also, isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to be judging Crowley for starting a thread which takes the mick out of another member. Aren't all of your threads (and lets remember who starts the most gratuitous threads in General), veiled insults against the membership of the site.

D
    That is completely different, 🙄 they are GB threads therefore highly acceptable. 😲
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 13:51
    Originally posted by orangutan
    All they are impromptu paperweights are belong to us.
    Thanks a lot. Now I have to clean the coffee off my monitor.
  13. 1313mockingbirdlane
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 13:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Thanks a lot. Now I have to clean the coffee off my monitor.
    is it a latte.?🙄
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 13:56
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    Hypocitical? I guess you should know.

GB's threads are rarely insults at all, veiled or not. And unlike your self-serving threads, his are more often than not self-deprecating.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 14:02
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Maybe if you read the whole thread before posting you would have seen the thread in question.
    Good point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree