1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 01:521 edit
    Who is greater Jesus or Muhammad? Let's analyze this shall we?

Did Jesus have an earthly father?
    Bible:
    His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:18

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you , and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Luke 1:34-35

Qur'an:
    She (Mary) said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said; "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, he but saith to it, 'Be' and it is!
    Surah 3.47

Wow! What's this?! It seems that the Bible and Qur'an agree on this! If the Bible and Qur'an both say she was a virgin when she conceived then God has to be the Father. A Muslim would never admit this however, even though it's clear in the Qur'an.

Did Muhammad have an earthly father?
    Yes he did but he died before Muhammad's birth.

Was Jesus sinless?
    Bible:
    To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example,that you should follow in his steps.
    He committed no sin,
    And no deceit was found in his mouth. 1 Peter 2: 21-22

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 1 John 3:5

Qur'an:
    The Qur'an too declares that Jesus was without sin. When the angel Jibril (Gabriel) appeared to Mary to announce her conception of Jesus, he said:
    I am only a messenger of your Lord, to announce to you a faultless son. Surah 19:19

Hadith:
    Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: The satan touches every son of Adam on the day when his mother gives birth to him with exception of Mary and her son. Sahih Muslim (vol. 4 pg. 1261)

So Islam and Christianity agree on Jesus's sinlessness too! Wow!

Was Muhammad sinless?
    No he was not! Wasn't he simply a Prophet of God (according to Islam)? Prophets are mere mortals who sin just like the rest of us. If he was without sin he'd be God. And every Muslim would agree that Muhammad was definitely not God.

Did Jesus ascend to heaven after his crucifixion, death, and resurrection?
    Bible:
    After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes. And a cloud hid him from their sight. Acts 1:9

Qur'an:
    That they said (in boast) "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therin are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise. Surah 4: 157-158

It looks as if the Bible and Qur'an agree again.

Did Muhammad ascend to heaven?
    No. His grave and his body are in Medina, Saudi Arabia.

So in conclusion, the Bible states that Jesus's Father is God and so does the Qur'an! The Bible states clearly that Jesus is without sin- and so does the Qur'an as well as the Hadith! The Bible clearly explains that Jesus ascended to heaven after his resurrection and the Qur'an (even though it denies Jesus's death by crucifixion and his resurrection) does agree with the Bible that Jesus ascended into heaven.
    Muhammad had an earthly father, had the stain of sin, and remains to this day stuck in his grave in Medina.

So I ask you again-Who is greater, Jesus or Muhammad?

Jesus is the only one who can save, the only one who is eternal, the one and only true God! Don't place your hopes on any false prophet or any false religion!

"I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me"- Jesus
    John 14:6

Merry Christmas!
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:06
    Originally posted by chappy1

Bible:
    His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:18

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Sp ...[text shortened]... ther except through me"- Jesus

Merry Christmas!
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe the stories in the bible aren't true?
  3. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:10
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe the stories in the bible aren't true?
    No. I am not debating whether or not the Bible or Qur'an are true. That's not what this thread is about. I would actually like to hear from Muslims on this because then they'll actually debate the subject at hand. You cannot convince me that they are not true so please don't try.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:13
    No. I am not debating whether or not the Bible or Qur'an are true. That's not what this thread is about. I would actually like to hear from Muslims on this because then they'll actually debate the subject at hand. You cannot convince me that they are not true so please don't try.
    Then I doubt a Muslim is going to convince you that Muhammed is greater than Jesus. So why should they try?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:14

Bible:

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Sp ...[text shortened]... ther except through me"- Jesus

Merry Christmas!
    Muslims would find your original question meaningless.
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:16
    Then I doubt a Muslim is going to convince you that Muhammed is greater than Jesus. So why should they try?
    Well if you read the thread the Qur'an itself implies that Jesus is who he said he was and Muhammad isn't anyone special.
  7. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:16
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Muslims would find your original question meaningless.
    Well we'll see.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:18
    Well we'll see.
    Oh? Do you expect Muslims to start flocking to your thread? My hunch is that you're going to be stuck with us skeptics.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:18
    Well if you read the thread the Qur'an itself implies that Jesus is who he said he was and Muhammad isn't anyone special.
    The Qur'an explicitly states:

Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!"

http://islam.about.com/cs/jesus/f/jesus_quran.htm
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:20
    Oh? Do you expect Muslims to start flocking to your thread? My hunch is that you're going to be stuck with us skeptics.
    I think if a Muslim sees the word Muhammad they might take a look, yes.
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:21
    The Qur'an explicitly states:

[b]Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him.
    His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!"

http://islam.about.com/cs/jesus/f/jesus_quran.htm[/b]
    Yes I know it says that. But it also says what I've quoted in those specific verses.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:25
    I think if a Muslim sees the word Muhammad they might take a look, yes.
    Clever of you to bait them in that way. It's like cheese on a mousetrap. Boy, won't they be sorry!
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:28
    Yes I know it says that. But it also says what I've quoted in those specific verses.
    What you've quoted doesn't alter the fact that the Qu'ran doesn't support any idea that Jesus was divine as you seem to be implying. In Islam, Jesus is a prophet, but nothing more.

The idea that Muslims might think Muhammad is "nothing special" as you stated is a bit insane. Here's some of what they think:

Muslims believe that during the ninth month of the Muslim calender, the month of Ramadan, the Holy Quran (Koran) "was sent down from heaven, a guidance unto men, a declaration of direction, and a means of Salvation".

One day Muhammad was sitting alone in the wilderness near Mecca when the Angel Gabriel appeared to him. The Angel commanded Muhammad to read. Muhammad responded "I am not a reader." The Angel Gabriel then taught Muhammad some verses from the Quran, which Muhammad memorized.

These revelations continued for 10 days. Islamic scholars believe that the first revelation occurred on the night of the 27th day of Ramadan. This night is called the Laylat-al-Qadr (Night of Power). And according to the Quran, this is when God determines the course of the world for the following year.

The receiving of the Holy Quran is to the Muslims what the receiving of the Ten Commandments from Mount Sinai is to the Jews and Christians

http://www.holidays.net/ramadan/muhamd.htm

Muhummad is the last Prophet of God in a sucession of Prophets in the Muslim view (which includes Jesus). Muslims see Islam as the true religion of the God of the OT.
  14. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:40
    What you've quoted doesn't alter the fact that the Qu'ran doesn't support any idea that Jesus was divine as you seem to be implying. In Islam, Jesus is a prophet, but nothing more.

The idea that Muslims might think Muhammad is "nothing special" as you stated is a bit insane. Here's some of what they think:

Muslims be ...[text shortened]... (which includes Jesus). Muslims see Islam as the true religion of the God of the OT.
    You're giving me information I already know. What I'm saying is that their own Qur'an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he was sinless, and that he ascended to heaven- and Muhammad did none of these things. So their own readings imply at Jesus's divinity.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:44
    You're giving me information I already know. What I'm saying is that their own Qur'an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he was sinless, and that he ascended to heaven- and Muhammad did none of these things. So their own readings imply at Jesus's divinity.
    Sorry, none of those are attributes of divinity. In Islam, Muhammad is a far more important figure than Jesus, as is Abraham and Moses. Deal with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree