1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 13:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It seems to me that in Islam you get to double your money. You get both Jesus and Muhammed. In Christianity you get only Jesus.
    lol, yes but the poor atheist gets nothing but bum rushed out the door with nothing but his own imperfect reasoning and vague references to Nietzsche with which to comfort him. na seriously, when one compares the actions of the two, are they not diametrically opposite? one was the epitome of self sacrifice, the other a general.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 13:581 edit
    The first books of the NT were [b]written around 50-60 CE, but you don't have any manuscript fragments from until the 2nd century. You don't have a complete copy of the bible from until the 4th century (the Codex Sinaiticus, or the Codex Vitacinus). The earliest NT fragment that we have in our possession is the "Rylands Library Papyrus P52", dated to ar ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Vaticanus[/b]
    don't buy it epi, the sahidic coptic text is just marginally older and contains complete elements of books like second peter and seems to have been based on some earlier greek manuscripts, also this reasoning fails on the premise that christians are content to base their reasoning on the greek scriptures, which contain many references to the hebrew, which as the dead sea scrolls indicated, had been faithfully transmitted without change for almost 1000 years. we are still to determine, which scripture if any has been embellished and fabricated!

http://sahidic.warpco.com/
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 14:331 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    don't buy it epi, the sahidic coptic text is just marginally older and contains complete elements of books like second peter and seems to have been based on some earlier greek manuscripts, also this reasoning fails on the premise that christians are content to base their reasoning on the greek scriptures, which contain many references to the hebrew, ...[text shortened]... mine, which scripture if any has been embellished and fabricated!

http://sahidic.warpco.com/
    Did you even read your link? It supports what Wingo said. To wit:

The New Testament was evidently translated into Sahidic late in the second century

AND:

. The Old Latin and Syriac are represented by two extant manuscripts each,
    which can be dated as being from before the fifth century (400 AD). All four
    are of the Gospels only. On the other hand, Sahidic (and other Coptic)
    manuscripts dating from the same period are more numerous, more complete and
    and represent many more books of the Bible.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 15:30
    Just out of curiousity, have any of you heard the theory that Mohammad is the false prophet spoken of in Revelation and the Dome of the Rock is the Abomination of Desolation?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 15:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just out of curiousity, have any of you heard the theory that Mohammad is the false prophet spoken of in Revelation and the Dome of the Rock is the Abomination of Desolation?
    😴
  6. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 16:11
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Who is greater Jesus or Muhammad? Let's analyze this shall we?

Did Jesus have an earthly father?
    Bible:
    His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:18

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Sp ...[text shortened]... ther except through me"- Jesus
    John 14:6

Merry Christmas!
    Why is JESUS capitalised and not Muhammad? Are you insinuating that Muhammad is greater and JESUS needs to be compensated somehow?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 16:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, ... one was the epitome of self sacrifice, the other a general.
    A horny cruel general.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 16:19
    I believe in many things, but not your god.

Sooooo....where are the Muslims? They should be dropping in any second now. Yep, any second.
    Dr. Scribbles has knack for drawing them out better than anyone else.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 16:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Dr. Scribbles has knack for drawing them out better than anyone else.
    Rakj , what happened with the Godspeaks thread? You seemed to walk away from it just as I was having you for breakfast. Do you concede you have no further rational argument to put forward ?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 16:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Did you even read your link? It supports what Wingo said. To wit:

The New Testament was evidently translated into Sahidic [b]late in the second century

AND:

. The Old Latin and Syriac are represented by two extant manuscripts each,
    which can be dated as being from before the fifth century ( ...[text shortened]... ame period [/b]are more numerous, more complete and
    and represent many more books of the Bible.[/b]
    not only did i read it, but i thanked God for the preservation!
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 16:57
    Sooooo....where are the Muslims?
    RWing, didn't you realize chess is haram in Islam?

http://www.albalagh.net/qa/chess.shtml

"Rasulullah Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, 'Whosoever plays chess, it is like soiling his hands in the blood of swine.' And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best"
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    A horny cruel general.
    lol, i thought it, but never dared say it, lest accusations of the liberal brigade curse me for being intolerant and prejudiced.! in the 1930s, in my wifes country of Pakistan, a Hindu gentleman published a little tract, initially in Urdu entitled The Rangali Rasul, translation, the colourful prophet. i have many times tried to ascertain the content of the tract, but have been unable. however one must assume that its content was fairly controversial as it sparked riots in the city, the author was arrested, acquitted by a British judge, but later killed by a muslim who was later hailed a hero and a martyr after he was tried and sentenced for the murder of the Hindu who authored the tract. why? probably for calling into question certain dubious attributes of the aforementioned.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 17:00
    Originally posted by David C
    RWing, didn't you realize chess is haram in Islam?

http://www.albalagh.net/qa/chess.shtml

"Rasulullah Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, 'Whosoever plays chess, it is like soiling his hands in the blood of swine.' And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best"
    actually i read somewhere that Muhammad did not like it because of the figurines which he thought were little statues or idols.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 17:47
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Rakj , what happened with the Godspeaks thread? You seemed to walk away from it just as I was having you for breakfast. Do you concede you have no further rational argument to put forward ?
    KM, what happened with the "Good works and Gratitude " thread? You seemed to walk away from it just as I was having you for breakfast. Do you concede you have no Biblical references to put forward ?

In any event I (and Im sure others on this site) consider you to be a disgusting and annoying stalker. I rather keep away from your type.

**** Door Slams *****
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 19:55
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Who is greater Jesus or Muhammad? Let's analyze this shall we?

Did Jesus have an earthly father?
    Bible:
    His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:18

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Sp ...[text shortened]... ther except through me"- Jesus
    John 14:6

Merry Christmas!
    Great post!

Merry Christmas. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree