1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 01:262 edits
    Abortion "Doctor" Kermit Gosnell, a true, bona fide serial murderer, is on trial as we speak for the murder of 7 (formerly living) babies and 1 female patient. I'll post a link to the grisly practices of this "doctor" but suffice it to say he is a truly evil sick man who took pleasure in the killing of babies. He got creative in how he would execute living babies after botched, late-term abortions... snapping their spines, stabbing needles through their skulls, beheading babies, stabbing them with scissors, etc. He even kept trophies of baby body parts in his freezer.

By (I pray) ANYONE"S standards here, this man is a full-blown serial killer. And yet, the US Mainstream Media is COMPLETELY silent on the issue. The case has been completely "blacked out" so as to keep the public from knowing about it. The jury box at the trial, where the media sits, stays completely empty. There is an obvious effort on the part of the mainstream media to avoid the story and black it out.

I really need not ask WHY because the answer is obvious. Today's mainstream media in America has become a political arm of the Left Wing. As such, they have blacked out this story because they know it will severely weaken the pro-abortion stance, which makes up a major portion of the Liberal Agenda.

I honestly can't decide who is more sick. This murdering, cold-blooded doctor, or the media authorities who have gone out of their way to keep the story from getting the attention it deserves (essentially supporting Gosnell's actions).

When cornered on the issue, some media spokespeople claim this is too gruesome to put on the front page (or I guess any page) of a newspaper or on primetime TV. But that's a lie and we know it. Charles Manson was in the headlines and so were all the others. The Jodi Arias case (she stabbed her boyfriend 28 times, slit his throat, and shot him in the head) is all over primetime and the front pages. No, this is all about a political agenda. The mainstream media today is utterly and completely Left Wing and simply blacks out any story that could do damage to the political positions of Obama and the Democrats. It's disgraceful.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/kermit-gosnell-trial-abortion-killings/2013/04/12/id/499245
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 01:323 edits
    And I'm sorry I didn't go very far in explaining why this is in the spiritual forum, but I think the correlation is obvious. The pro-life supporters are primarily (almost completely) a religious people (Christian, Muslim, Jew) while the pro-abortion supporters are almost completely secular and Atheist. The abortion issue is perhaps the most heated issue of all, and reveals a distinct line of demarcation between the religious groups and the secular/Atheist groups in the United States.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 01:412 edits
    Originally posted by sumydid
    The case has been completely "blacked out" so as to keep the public from knowing about it. The jury box at the trial, where the media sits, stays completely empty. There is an obvious effort on the part of the mainstream media to avoid the story and black it out.
    I just Googled it and I got 142,000,000 hits and found detailed reports and extensive coverage on it by the LA Times, CBS News, ABC News, Washington Post, Huffington Post, Slate, Snopes, Salon, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, The Times [in the UK picking up on US media coverage], Newsmax, USA Today, New York Post, World News Daily, Washington Times, Wall Street Journal, the list goes on and on - hundreds of millions of hits. When you say "the case has been completely blacked out", what do you mean exactly?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 01:422 edits
    Abortion "Doctor" Kermit Gosnell, a true, bona fide serial murderer, is on trial as we speak for the murder of 7 (formerly living) babies and 1 female patient. I'll post a link to the grisly practices of this "doctor" but suffice it to say he is a truly evil sick man who took pleasure in the killing of babies. He got creative in how he would execute living www.newsmax.com/TheWire/kermit-gosnell-trial-abortion-killings/2013/04/12/id/499245
    Evidently CBS and ABC don't count?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57579424-504083/dr-kermit-gosnell-murder-trial-unlicensed-doc-fled-pa-abortion-clinic-raid-receptionist-testifies/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kermit-gosnell-philly-abortion-clinic-workers-options-18943467

What exactly shows the mass media as "anti-Christian"?

Do you ever actually think/investigate before you post?
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I just Googled it and I got 142,000,000 hits and found detailed reports and extensive coverage on it by the LA Times, CBS News, ABC News, Washington Post, Huffington Post, Slate, Snopes, Salon, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, The Times [in the UK picking up on US media coverage], Newsmax, USA Today, New York Post, World News Daily, Washington Times, Wall Street Jou ...[text shortened]... ns of hits. When you say "the case has been completely blacked out", what do you mean exactly?
    Sorry, but your use of the phrase "extensive coverage" is absolutely wrong. The hits you will find are almost completely FOX News and Conservative internet media outlets. CBS News did one... *ONE* story which was a brief mention. Almost all of the media sources you mentioned are not part of the US Mainstream Media.

A couple of mainstream media news organizations are credited with mentioning the story but as I said, NONE of them are following the story; it is not on the front page or on primetime TV where it belongs; the media box at the court room is EMPTY; and the only diligent followers of this story are FOX News and conservative internet media websites.

Nice effort on the debunking but a simple one-time Google search on your part was both a clumsy and a lazy attempt to muddy the waters.
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:031 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Evidently CBS and ABC don't count?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57579424-504083/dr-kermit-gosnell-murder-trial-unlicensed-doc-fled-pa-abortion-clinic-raid-receptionist-testifies/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kermit-gosnell-philly-abortion-clinic-workers-options-18943467

What exactly shows the mass media as "anti-Christian"?

Do you ever actually think/investigate before you post?
    One story from each organization does not constitute following the story. And yes I research before I post.

I didn't conjure up my story out of thin air. Did you actually click the link *I* supplied? Do *you* do any research before you spout off?

Even multiple politicians in this country acknowledge the truth of what I've said. So again, do your *own* research, hypocrite.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:05
    Sorry, but your use of the phrase "extensive coverage" is absolutely wrong. The hits you will find are almost completely FOX News and Conservative internet media outlets. CBS News did one... *ONE* story which was a brief mention. Almost all of the media sources you mentioned are not part of the US Mainstream Media.

A couple of mainstream media news org ...[text shortened]... one-time Google search on your part was both a clumsy and a lazy attempt to muddy the waters.
    You have made untrue claims in your OP. Did you do so knowingly?
  8. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:06
    From the article I posted which obviously the 2 above me didn't take the time to read..................

"None of the news shows on the three major national television networks has mentioned the Gosnell trial in the last three months...."

"Let me state the obvious," Powers writes. "This should be front page news."

"Twitter users, including celebrities, noticed the silence as well and spoke out against it."
  9. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have made untrue claims in your OP. Did you do so knowingly?
    So your only interest in this thread is in branding me a liar. Very revealing.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:07
    ...the media box at the court room is EMPTY; and the only diligent followers of this story are FOX News and conservative internet media websites.
    Even FOX News have nobody in the media box at the court room? Why not?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:081 edit
    Context matters, especially in the arena of public debate. Question: Should The 4th Estate Risk Even the Perception of Impropriety? If 'yes', would "extenuating circumstances" and/or "gravity of the issue" become the exception rationale? If 'No', would those able men and women occupying highrise media corner offices muster the courage to risk plummeting ratings [within an uniformed citizen/broad demographic base]? If 'Neither', speak up; you're among friends.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:09
    So your only interest in this thread is in branding me a liar. Very revealing.
    I am addressing the content of your OP which claims "...the US Mainstream Media is COMPLETELY silent on the issue. The case has been completely "blacked out" so as to keep the public from knowing about it." This is a false statement. Did you make it knowing it to be false? Seems like a fair question.
  13. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Even FOX News have nobody in the media box at the court room? Why not?
    Do you have anything of substance to add to the thread, other than conjured up attacks on my character, and questioning the motives of FOX News? You're a troll, FMF. Pure and simple.

Meanwhile, I'll wait to hear from those who are genuinely concerned about the Gosnell case and the mainstream media blackout.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:12
    Do you have anything of substance to add to the thread, other than conjured up attacks on my character, and questioning the motives of FOX News? You're a troll, FMF. Pure and simple.
    Did FOX News have anybody in the media box at the court room? This question addresses the substance of your claims.
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am addressing the content of your OP which claims [b]"...the US Mainstream Media is COMPLETELY silent on the issue. The case has been completely "blacked out" so as to keep the public from knowing about it." This is a false statement. Did you make it knowing it to be false? Seems like a fair question.[/b]
    The mainstream media is completely silent on the issue. That is an accurate statement, according to the article, and I backed it up with a quote from the article.

Dredging up 1 single instance from a media organization which is months old, does not mean that currently, the mainstream media is not completely silent on the issue. Because they are.

If you have a problem with the article, the politicians, the celebrities, and all the other non-mass media organizations who agree with me, then talk to them. Until then, quit trolling threads trying to stir up controversy and steer away from the subject matter they contain.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree