General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    324913
    18 Jul '13 02:38
    .. when the RHP forums were so crowded that additional Science and Culture forums had to be created
    .. or earlier, when Sports and Debates and Spirituality got their own homes
    .. or back before 2000, when you had to find a live person to play against or suffer the tortures of postal chess.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    18 Jul '13 02:482 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie

    .. when the RHP forums were so crowded that additional Science and Culture forums had to be created
    .. or earlier, when Sports and Debates and Spirituality got their own homes
    .. or back before 2000, when you had to find a live person to play against or suffer the tortures of postal chess.
    ... nice.

    Note: Wish I could have known Bowmann (and Mathurine for a longer time).
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    324913
    18 Jul '13 04:131 edit
    ... when you could find a seat on a bus, or a parking spot close to the venue.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    18 Jul '13 06:19
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    ... when you could find a seat on a bus, or a parking spot close to the venue.
    I remember nostalgia. It was wonderful. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. 🙂
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98663
    18 Jul '13 11:02
    Ya like when mum could send you (in my case a 7 year old) up to the pharmacy, 4 blocks from home, to get cigarettes for her and not have to be concerned that some one might do you harm?
  6. Donationmwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Joined
    25 Feb '01
    Moves
    68605
    18 Jul '13 13:11
    Here's a link that will show how the "original" site looked in the real "good old days".

    The oldest one I could find: http://web.archive.org/web/20010304170336/http://www.redhotpawn.com/

    The earliest forum page I could find: http://web.archive.org/web/20010801160923/http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/


    You can find these kinds of old vintage pages for other older versions of your favorite sites by using the "wayback machine", using this link. http://archive.org/index.php
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98663
    18 Jul '13 13:20
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Here's a link that will show how the "original" site looked in the real "good old days".

    The oldest one I could find: http://web.archive.org/web/20010304170336/http://www.redhotpawn.com/

    The earliest forum page I could find: http://web.archive.org/web/20010801160923/http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/


    You can find these kinds of old vintage pages f ...[text shortened]... rite sites by using the "wayback machine", using this link. http://archive.org/index.php
    thanks.
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    18 Jul '13 13:30
    Originally posted by JS357
    I remember nostalgia. It was wonderful. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. 🙂
    Yeah, there are people dying now that never died before 😛
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    18 Jul '13 13:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Note: Wish I could have known Bowmann (and Mathurine for a longer time).
    How about Bonnie and Clyde?
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98663
    18 Jul '13 13:42
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Yeah, there are people dying now that never died before 😛
    Some may have but just don't remember.
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    18 Jul '13 13:50
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Some may have but just don't remember.
    That's a very old Irish joke. There are people dying now that never died before.

    Another play on words is.....let me shake you warmly by the throat.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    98663
    18 Jul '13 14:04
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    That's a very old Irish joke. There are people dying now that never died before.

    Another play on words is.....let me shake you warmly by the throat.
    Or as you drive by a cemetary you ask your kids, "How many dead people do you think are in there?"
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35958
    18 Jul '13 14:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ... nice.

    Note: Wish I could have known Bowmann (and Mathurine for a longer time).
    No you don't.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    18 Jul '13 14:48
    Originally posted by mwmiller

    Here's a link that will show how the "original" site looked in the real "good old days".

    The oldest one I could find: http://web.archive.org/web/20010304170336/http://www.redhotpawn.com/

    The earliest forum page I could find: http://web.archive.org/web/20010801160923/http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/


    You can find these kinds of old vintage pages ...[text shortened]... rite sites by using the "wayback machine", using this link. http://archive.org/index.php
    Wow! Thank you.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    18 Jul '13 14:49
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees

    Ya like when mum could send you (in my case a 7 year old) up to the pharmacy, 4 blocks from home, to get cigarettes for her and not have to be concerned that some one might do you harm?
    .... one ciggie might do you harm?
Back to Top