1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 16:061 edit
    An update has just been released which modifies the rules for submitting clan challenges.

Each opponent in a match up must have a rating within 200 points of their opponent. If a clan challenge is bounced, and a player's rating drifts beyond this tolerance, the matchup must be removed or replaced by another opponent who does qualify.

Clan admins will note that invalid matchups will be highlighted in orange to assist with making valid selections.
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 18:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    An update has just been released which modifies the rules for submitting clan challenges.

Each opponent in a match up must have a rating within 200 points of their opponent. If a clan challenge is bounced, and a player's rating drifts beyond this tolerance, the matchup must be removed or replaced by another opponent who does quality.

Clan admins will note that invalid matchups will be highlighted in orange to assist with making valid selections.
    thanks Russ, a good move
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 22:13
    Hmm not sure it's great sometimes my big raters need a gap to get games especially my 2300 and a lot clans games usually 2000-2100 as that's majority of ratings. Not many 2300's in clans. Anyway Always small majority of people that spoils it for others.
  4. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 08:09
    i avoid having players rated that high as always struggled to get them games even before these rules
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 10:11

Each opponent in a match up must have a rating within 200 points of their opponent. If a clan challenge is bounced, and a player's rating drifts beyond this tolerance, the matchup must be removed or replaced by another opponent who does qualify.

We the great and illustrious Easy Riders welcome any measures that will stop the tears of Metallica from flooding the Internet.
  6. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 10:14
    of course this won't stop sandbagging if it's based on current rating rather than historical
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 11:52

Pleased you are trying to address the dissatisfaction with the clan system Russ.
    When you say rating I assume you mean current rating.
    Average rating may be a better measure but it's a step in the right direction.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 17:14
    A new "auto matchup" button has just been added which will greatly ease the process of setting up challenges. This will match from the top down possible matchups which qualify under the new rules.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 19:07
    A new "auto matchup" button has just been added which will greatly ease the process of setting up challenges. This will match from the top down possible matchups which qualify under the new rules.
    Appreciate your efforts in addressing the gaps in this popular feature.
    I also appreciate that you certainly would rather spend your time
    addressing other areas of your website.

Any chance of getting the Clan Forum back on line ?
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 17:30
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Any chance of getting the Clan Forum back on line ?
    Please say "none" ... It has been entertaining watching clan members in the General Forum get taught a little humility and have to make threads full of groveling to the mods not to delete them. 🙂
  11. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 22:203 edits
    What's stopping me from nuking my rating down to 1300 on purpose, then join a clan. As long as I keep my rating around 1300 by losing on purpose in non-clan games, I will always play 1300 rated players in clans.

I'm pretty sure I could play a few thousand games in a year vs. 1300 rated players and end up with a 99% win rate. Even a more subtle version of this idea, could turn the tide in many clan matches.

I think the clan system still needs work.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 03:59
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    What's stopping me from nuking my rating down to 1300 on purpose, then join a clan. As long as I keep my rating around 1300 by losing on purpose in non-clan games, I will always play 1300 rated players in clans.

I'm pretty sure I could play a few thousand games in a year vs. 1300 rated players and end up with a 99% win rate. Even a more subtle v ...[text shortened]... his idea, could turn the tide in many clan matches.

Is there a system that works against people willing to sandbag and throw games? 😛
  13. Victor, New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 11:04
    Where could I find this rule? It's not in the clan help page. My question is when does the player have to be within the 200 point limit? At time of challenge? At time of acceptance? Some other time? My rating fluctuates 200-300 points because I play so many games. Thanks
  14. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 18:18
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47

I'm pretty sure I could play a few thousand games in a year vs. 1300 rated players and end up with a 99% win rate. Even a more subtle v ...[text shortened]... his idea, could turn the tide in many clan matches.

Absolutely.
    A system based on average rating would help.
    If your 5 yr high was something like 1900 "nuking" down to 1300 wouldn't have as much effect
  15. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 18:25
    Originally posted by lstcyr
    Where could I find this rule? It's not in the clan help page. My question is when does the player have to be within the 200 point limit? At time of challenge? At time of acceptance? Some other time? My rating fluctuates 200-300 points because I play so many games. Thanks
    Orginal post from Russ:-
    I interpret this as "awaiting acceptance" as well as "bounced" so the answer is at time of acceptance

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree