Thank you.
  2. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 17:32
    Originally posted by venda
    Orginal post from Russ:-
    Each opponent in a match up must have a rating within 200 points of their opponent. If a clan challenge is bounced, and a player's rating drifts beyond this tolerance, the matchup must be removed or replaced by another opponent who does qualify.
    I interpret this as "awaiting acceptance" as well as "bounced" so the answer is at time of acceptance
    Am I missing something here. The diffrence in ratings can be no more than 200. Surely you would be expected to beat an opponent 200 points lower than yourself, so surely the new rule dosn't go far enough. In my opinion, a fair challenge is a matchup with no more diffrence than 100 points. I apoligize again if I got this wrong.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 22:09
    Originally posted by Steve45
    Am I missing something here. The diffrence in ratings can be no more than 200. Surely you would be expected to beat an opponent 200 points lower than yourself, so surely the new rule dosn't go far enough. In my opinion, a fair challenge is a matchup with no more diffrence than 100 points. I apoligize again if I got this wrong.
    The rule is an attempt to stop the sandbagging in the clan challenges
    As I've said previously on various forums,I don't think a players current rating is representative of ability anyway, but all credit to Russ for attempting to do something about the rating manipulators.
    200 is perhaps a bit wide but if you tighten it much more it's going to be very difficult to find challenges.
    Let's see if the rule brings any improvement.
  4. Here
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 06:27
    Originally posted by Russ
    An update has just been released which modifies the rules for submitting clan challenges.

Each opponent in a match up must have a rating within 200 points of their opponent. If a clan challenge is bounced, and a player's rating drifts beyond this tolerance, the matchup must be removed or replaced by another opponent who does qualify.

Clan admins will note that invalid matchups will be highlighted in orange to assist with making valid selections.
    As usually happens you take a hammer to crack a nut
    I have always used the formula of 5 years average and within 100 points
    I have just had to refuse a challenge where the current rating of the two players involved were within the current criteria but on a 5 yr average they were 300 apart
    I get the feeling that this will reduce the number of games I can play
  5. Here
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 08:56
    Having given this more thought and some of the comments on sand bagging ,this rule change will only encourage more if it
    How stupid !
  6. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 22:20
    I agree it will make people sandbag and also my top few are 2300's they will be hard to get games and challenges for now. Shame clan system it's bad. Hard to keep everyone happy but this change isn't a good one.
  7. Here
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 06:35
    Why were Clan Leaders not told of this .I did not know anything about this until a Clan challenge came up
    You are quick enough to inform them when Clan Leagues are due to be formed
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 17:50
    Originally posted by padger
    As usually happens you take a hammer to crack a nut
    I have always used the formula of 5 years average and within 100 points
    I have just had to refuse a challenge where the current rating of the two players involved were within the current criteria but on a 5 yr average they were 300 apart
    I get the feeling that this will reduce the number of games I can play
    This can be tweaked - but any further changes will be the result of a consultation vote. Suggestions in "site ideas", and I'll create a vote soon after.
  9. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 20:24
    Sand bagging is only one problem. This doesn't stop obvious collusion on the part of two or more clans to set challenges and funnel all points to one clan. Any ideas on how to stop that?
  10. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 21:06
    least net points this year Anti Metallica and Breaking Bad, highest Easy Riders, i think everyone can clearly see now waht is happening and that the clan system is dead
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 15:451 edit
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    least net points this year Anti Metallica and Breaking Bad, highest Easy Riders, i think everyone can clearly see now waht is happening and that the clan system is dead
    The 3 maximum concurrent challenges rule should help.
  12. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 16:39
    The 3 maximum concurrent challenges rule should help.
    How does it help?
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 20:39
    Originally posted by carystover
    How does it help?
    By preventing a clan mounting multiple big challenges against a "dummy" clan and falsifying the results as I think Al is suggesting.
    There's also a rule which stops re - challenges between clans within a certain period meaning clans can't conclude challenges almost immediately and then mount a new one
    If clans are doing this as soon as the time period expires(I think it's a week)and almost immediately concluding the challenges within a few moves this should be obvious to the admins who should be able to do something about it.
    I suggest sending feedback with evidence
  14. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 22:42
    By preventing a clan mounting multiple big challenges against a "dummy" clan and falsifying the results as I think Al is suggesting.
    There's also a rule which stops re - challenges between clans within a certain period meaning clans can't conclude challenges almost immediately and then mount a new one
    If clans are doing this as soon as the time period expir ...[text shortened]... he admins who should be able to do something about it.
    I suggest sending feedback with evidence
    there is certainly enough evidence already
  15. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 23:03
    Venda you seem to be a guy that is well informed and knows what's going on. Haven't you been paying attention to this very thing that has the whole clan system in jeopardy? The evidence is being ignored for some reason.

Also, how many bogus points do you think a clan working with two other clans could amass in one year, throwing challenges following the current rules if the mods don't acknowledge and stop it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree