EURO 2020

EURO 2020

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Jun 21

I know this technically belongs in the sports forum but as this is first international football (soccer) tournament since the pandemic hit, and the biggest in the world after the World Cup, thought we could all join in the banter here.

First game was last night (European time) - Italy 3 Turkey 3 with Italy showing their championship winning ways in their bounce back from failing to qualify for the World Cup in Russia 2018.

Too soon for predictions over all. Some good games on today including Wales v Switzerland.

Moves
12 Jun 21
1 edit

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21
1 edit

@divegeester

I have a question for you which you can answer or not doesn't really matter to me but is worth pointing out.

You don't seem to have time for new clan challenges as you have put yourself on vacation but appear to have lots of time for posting in the General forum even items which should be in the Sports Forum.

All I get from this is lots of time for gabbing, no time for new clan challenges when you are needed the most at this point in time.

-VR

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

Gosh.

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

@divegeester said
First game was last night (European time) - Italy 3 Turkey 3 with Italy showing their championship winning ways in their bounce back from failing to qualify for the World Cup in Russia 2018.
Italy 3-0 Turkey

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@fmf said
Gosh.
Gosh what?

It is the truth!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@fmf said
Italy 3-0 Turkey
Take it to "Sports Forum" Spanky.

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Jun 21

@very-rusty said
@divegeester

I have a question for you which you can answer or not doesn't really matter to me but is worth pointing out.

You don't seem to have time for new clan challenges as you have put yourself on vacation but appear to have lots of time for posting in the General forum even items which should be in the Sports Forum.

All I get from this is lots of time for gabbing, no time for new clan challenges when you are needed the most at this point in time.

-VR
here we go again
you must love being embarrassed

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@lemondrop said
here we go again
you must love being embarrassed
The truth doesn't embarrass me at all lemon or your lame pot shots at me!

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Jun 21

@very-rusty said
The truth doesn't embarrass me at all lemon or your lame pot shots at me!

-VR
you lack the equipment to go toe to toe with the gooster
I'm trying to save you
pick a fight with Suzi

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21
1 edit

@lemondrop said
you lack the equipment to go toe to toe with the gooster
I'm trying to save you
pick a fight with Suzi
I lack nothing and will go toe to toe with anyone and you'll not tell me who either lemon.

I have one foot out the door so I am free to tell the gooster what ever I want, you just sit back like a good boy and watch, make some popcorn for yourself.

For God's sake he has himself on vacation so can't accept anymore challenges when he is most needed, but loads of time to banter in the forums it seems.

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Jun 21

@very-rusty said
I lack nothing and will go toe to toe with anyone and you'll not tell me who either lemon.

I have one foot out the door so I am free to tell the gooster what ever I want, you just sit back like a good boy and watch, make some popcorn for yourself.

-VR
ok
this will be fun
unless the gooster takes mercy on you

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@lemondrop said
ok
this will be fun
unless the gooster takes mercy on you
Give it rest lemon.

You are really not a match for either of us.

Do you think he should have himself on Vacation so he can't play in tournaments when he is most needed, but lots of time to banter in the forums?

-VR

Moves
12 Jun 21

@divegeester

Why do players and fans allow a tie?

Is it so hard to have a shootout or those penalty kicks to decide the game?

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

@very-musty said
@divegeester

Why do players and fans allow a tie?

Is it so hard to have a shootout or those penalty kicks to decide the game?
It's now the group stage and so a round robin. Draws can be an achievement for an underdog and a significant hole in the road for stronger teams. A tournament is a campaign. In the subsequent knockout stage, every game must end with a winner.