RHP Music Comp: voting open!

RHP Music Comp: voting open!

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
06 Mar 06
1 edit

Hi all, so, the competition is now open. We didn't get as many entries as we wanted, but at least we have enough to run the comp. You can hear them all here:

http://www.bobthedog.me.uk/rhpmusic

So, these are the categories you should vote for just your no1 favourite:

Best Band:
Best Singer/Songwriter:
Best Vocal/Instrumental:
Best Cover:
Best Computer track:
Best Composer:
Best Musician(s) (technique/ability):
Best Lyrics:
Best Overall Submission:

Just copy and paste the categories into your posts and place the name of the user and song next to it.

Voting remains open for two weeks (dependant on number of votes), so get listening. In the event of a tie, I will elect a panel of judges, none of which will be competitors, to make the final decision.

One last thing, to save my website from gross data transfer useage, please download the tracks by right clicking on the links, rather than listening to them on site. This will allow you to listen numerous times at your leisure and will not make me bankrupt, thank you 🙂

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman
Best Computer track:
:'(

Probably a wise decision all the same. 😉

D

S

Moves
06 Mar 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
:'(

Probably a wise decision all the same. 😉

D
I don't understand...

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Mar 06

I don't understand...
I submitted an entry too.

D

S

Moves
06 Mar 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I submitted an entry too.

D
Did you? Oh, where did you send it, did I acknowledge it? I can put it up immediately if you send it again.

Sorry D 🙁

S

Moves
06 Mar 06

Okay, Rag's entry is in there now. Carry on people.

N

The sky

Moves
06 Mar 06

Thanks for starting this competition, and for your patience! I'll download all the files when I am at home, but I have two questions about the voting:
1. Is it allowed to discuss the entries before the voting is over, or should we just vote without a comment?
2. Does "Best Musician(s)" include the composition? I seem to remember that there was a voting category "Best Composer" planned, but either I made that up (maybe I thought "Songwriter" were about the composition), or you dropped it.

S

Moves
06 Mar 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Thanks for starting this competition, and for your patience! I'll download all the files when I am at home, but I have two questions about the voting:
1. Is it allowed to discuss the entries before the voting is over, or should we just vote without a comment?
2. Does "Best Musician(s)" include the composition? I seem to remember that there was a voting cat ...[text shortened]... ade that up (maybe I thought "Songwriter" were about the composition), or you dropped it.
Yes, you can discuss if you wish, I don't see a problem with it, feedback is good for any musician.

You're quite right, I've editted it accordingly, nice catch.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Mar 06
1 edit

Best Computer track: Starrman2
Cover: Shavixmir1
Instrumental/Vocalist: sonhouse
Band: darvlay
Singer/Songwriter: snoop cribsy cribs
Best Musician(s): sonhouse
Best Overall Submission: 40ounceballad
Best Composer: dk3nny
Best Lyrics: cribs

D

h

Moves
06 Mar 06

Do any of these songs have explicit lyrics? I have to protect myself from the influence and promiscuity of "rock and roll".

S

Moves
06 Mar 06

Originally posted by hopscotch
Do any of these songs have explicit lyrics? I have to protect myself from the influence and promiscuity of "rock and roll".
Yes, Dr Scribbles sees fit to use the F word several times, but that's because he's black and a rapper, so we are socially pressured to let him off.

N

The sky

Moves
06 Mar 06

All downloaded now. It'll take some time until I have listened to all of them, maybe several times, and have made up my mind. But I have yet another question: Isn't "Amazing Grace" in the wrong category? I thought "Cover" was the only category for music you haven't composed or improvised yourself?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
06 Mar 06

I'm looking forward to hearing some of these later on 🙂 My track should probably have fallen into the 'extra's category though 😉

S

Moves
06 Mar 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
All downloaded now. It'll take some time until I have listened to all of them, maybe several times, and have made up my mind. But I have yet another question: Isn't "Amazing Grace" in the wrong category? I thought "Cover" was the only category for music you haven't composed or improvised yourself?
Yes you're right, but I decided that it was wrong to limit people who want to enter as we had so few.

N

The sky

Moves
06 Mar 06

Yes you're right, but I decided that it was wrong to limit people who want to enter as we had so few.
I didn't mean to say it shouldn't be in the competition, I just thought it was the wrong category. I thought it belonged to the "Cover" category, but to be honest, I am not entirely sure what "Cover" means in this context.