England for world cup

England for world cup

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
22 May 06

Go England anyone think they will go all the way this summer.....🙂

w
Jo

Moving on...

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by smiffy
i'm being optimistic and saying yes. I reckon it's gonna be a good one.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
22 May 06

Well all depends if rooney's fit otherwise they have strikers that are not regular scorers.Crouch lol,owens not really fit,walcott dont know never seen him play....
Hope they do well though....

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
22 May 06

Absolutely no chance whatsoever.

The fact that the entire country seems to think the Wayne Rooney is "Wot will win it fer us" whereas last time it was Michael Owen is probably the reason England hasn't won a major competition for many years.

England has some class players but can only build heroes, not teams.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by Wheely
Absolutely no chance whatsoever.

The fact that the entire country seems to think the Wayne Rooney is "Wot will win it fer us" whereas last time it was Michael Owen is probably the reason England hasn't won a major competition for many years.

England has some class players but can only build heroes, not teams.
I dont agree....This time around we seem to be stronger..Gerrard,Lampard,Rooney,Owen all class players and capable of scoring goals.....
We will see though i think they could surprise a few people...🙂

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 May 06

No, much like Portugal, Holland and Spain for that matter. All of them are strong teams, but they don't seem champion material.

I mean, all of them have a shot of winning against Brazil or Argentina, but both these teams would be by large the favourites in such a match.

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
22 May 06

Just watched a film about the Nike ad's with Rooney, Henry and Ronaldinho. They had alot of "backstage" footage and i'm sorry to say, but Henry and Ronaldinho make Rooney look like an amatuer.

Plus, the only two teams from England that have done something this year in the Champions League had one English player combined.

I reckon Italy have a good chance. Toni, Gilliardino, Totti, Inzaghi... They have all been scoring well in International and European football. They have a classic Italian solid defence, and they actually have some inspiration in the midfield this year.

M

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by Esoteric
Just watched a film about the Nike ad's with Rooney, Henry and Ronaldinho. They had alot of "backstage" footage and i'm sorry to say, but Henry and Ronaldinho make Rooney look like an amatuer.

Plus, the only two teams from England that have done something this year in the Champions League had one English player combined.

I reckon Italy have a good ch ...[text shortened]... ic Italian solid defence, and they actually have some inspiration in the midfield this year.
I suppose the 2 teams you refer to are Arsenal who played Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell who are both English and the other team might be Chelsea who played Joe Cole, Frank Lampard and John Terry making a total of 5 but I take you point on the scarcity of home players.

w
Jo

Moving on...

Moves
22 May 06

Well all depends if rooney's fit otherwise they have strikers that are not regular scorers.Crouch lol,owens not really fit,walcott dont know never seen him play....
Well a friend of mine was at a party sometime last week and Rooney and his girl were there...apparently he was pi$$ed up and up dancing all night...how bad can his toe be??

w

Moves
22 May 06

To be honest, Rooney is hardly a 'regular scorer'. Owen has a superb scoring record for England, and his form is very important to success (despite having a great goal-scoring midfield). I'd say the most important thing for English success is Sven's tactics, and that he doesn't retreat after going 1-0 up against any good teams.

I put more details predictions in the WC predictions thread.To summerise: I think England will come 4th, topping their group, then beating Poland, then Serbia, and going out to Brazil in the semi (and lose to Argentina in the play-ff).

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
22 May 06

France! All the way!!!!

cs
i'll decide!

Glasgow Scotland

Moves
22 May 06

ingerlund will be home before the postcards

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 May 06

I love watching the English around World Cup time. The chants all come out "remember 1966!!!" (no, I wasn't born - do you remember it?), the optimism is at it's highest, and then they get there asses kicked by Greece.

E

Swansea

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by wucky3
Well a friend of mine was at a party sometime last week and Rooney and his girl were there...apparently he was pi$$ed up and up dancing all night...how bad can his toe be??
It was probably a small injury in the beginning and England are using it as a psych-out against the other teams! Probably trying to be clever......

M

Moves
23 May 06

Originally posted by chris stephens
ingerlund will be home before the postcards
ha ha..just like Scotland do hey Chris...that is..when they go to a major comp