1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 02:12
    Calling on the name of Jesus is a simple way to touch the reality of Christ. The living Person of Jesus can be experienced by calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus." If you believe that He has resin from the dead and is alive, to get to know Him you can call upon His name - Lord Jesus."

There is such power in the name of Jesus. "The last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45). We can experience the life giving Spirit of Jesus by calling on His name in faith.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 02:28
    The Psalm writer said "I love the Lord because He has heard my voice...". God hears our voice. The Psalmist went on to say "I will lift up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord." It is as if he is drinking in salvation from a cup. The cup of salvation is the name of the Lord. He calls upon the name of the Lord and salvation flows into him as water from a cup.

So we can experience Christ as the extensive salvation by calling "Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. I call upon Your name". We can love the Lord Jesus because He indeed hears our voice and answers to the calling of His name in faith.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 03:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The Psalm writer said "I love the Lord because He has heard my voice...". God hears our voice. The Psalmist went on to say "I will lift up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord." It is as if he is drinking in salvation from a cup. The cup of salvation is the name of the Lord. He calls upon the name of the Lord and salvation flows into him ...[text shortened]... d Jesus because He indeed hears our voice and answers to the calling of His name in faith.
    Yawn....😴

A simpler way lies here..

YouTube
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 03:11
    Dear Jesus,
    Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme.
    Amen.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 05:24
    Calling on the name of Jesus is a simple way to touch the reality of Christ. The living Person of Jesus can be experienced by calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus." If you believe that He has resin from the dead and is alive, to get to know Him you can call upon His name - Lord Jesus."

There is such power in the name of Jesus. "The last Adam became a li ...[text shortened]... 15:45). We can experience the life giving Spirit of Jesus by calling on His name in faith.
    Amen.

There is so much power in his name that some people don't like hearing his name.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 06:10
    The living Person of Jesus can be experienced by calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus."
    Do you have to wear the ruby slippers and tap your heels together three times?
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 07:562 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Dear Jesus,
    Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme.
    Amen.
    This is not necessarily selfish. Calling on the Lord Jesus is a request for Himself. For God to give man Himself fulfills not only our deepest need but also God's eternal purpose.

I titled this "A Simple Way to Experiene Christ" rather than "A Simple Way to Get Stuff From Christ."

As it stands the blending of His life with our life touches our deepest need and also the purpose of our existence. And this meets God's eternal purpose of dispensing His life into man.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:03
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Do you have to wear the ruby slippers and tap your heels together three times?
    No. But it helps to consider this "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation ... for the same Lord is rich to all those who call upon Him; For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (See Romans 10:9-13).
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:051 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yawn....😴

A simpler way lies here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KiAvmzcZbg
    Christ indwelling the receiving heart is better than boredom with life.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:12
    Calling on the name of the Lord Jesus is a simple way to substantiate the reality of the resurrected Christ. It is not a vain calling. It is calling with the faith and intention that you acknowledge Jesus as your Lord - "Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus"

No one can say "Jesus is Lord" except in the Holy Spirit. With the confession that Jesus is my Lord comes the effectiveness of His redemption, His regeneration, His presence and refreshing.

Calling on the name and Person of Christ is a Simple Way to Enjoy God in any situation. To enjoy God is be brought into the will of God.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:151 edit
    If you believe that He has resin from the dead and is alive, to get to know Him you can call upon His name - Lord Jesus."
    Resin from the dead--corpse frankincense?

By the way your method works, although other names can be called on.
  12. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:20
    Lord won't you buy me a Mercedez Benz,
    My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:33
    Originally posted by Fat mans revenge
    Lord won't you buy me a Mercedez Benz,
    My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends
    Even with a new Mercedez Benz you may still sense some vanity and emptiness of life.

Why covet this from your friends? If you have God Himself you have the ultimate in enjoyment. So Jesus taught the people "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you".

That is the necessary things, not things just to spend on your lust or your vain envy.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:35
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Resin from the dead--corpse frankincense?

By the way your method works, although other names can be called on.
    Thanks. I always have a problem with the spelling of that word.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 08:41
    If you call "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" your innermost being with be on fire spiritually. You do not have to be passive about touching the resurrected Christ. You can excercise your praying spirit and call on the name of the Lord.

You have something like an organ in your deepest being which can substantiate the things of God. I encourage anyone to call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ with the intention to contact Him.

Calling "Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. I love you" and confessing your need for the forgiveness of all your sins is a very effective way to touch Jesus in the innermost part of your being.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree