09 Jun '08 04:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 04:39
    RHP should have a list of the players banned in the last month and the reaos ... then we can be happy ...
    after a month the entries in the list should be removed ... then they wil not be a list of famous people - they will disappear from sight
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 05:111 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Actually when Grintzi was banned then list of banned players were not removed yet. And reason of his ban was 3 (b).
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 06:30
    Originally posted by flexmore
    RHP should have a list of the players banned in the last month and the reaos ... then we can be happy ...
    after a month the entries in the list should be removed ... then they wil not be a list of famous people - they will disappear from sight
    Then we can have more threads like this one. Whoo. 😀
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 08:07
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Then we can have more threads like this one. Whoo. 😀
    Anyone banned since then?
  6. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 14:07
    Originally posted by Korch
    Actually when Grintzi was banned then list of banned players were not removed yet. And reason of his ban was 3 (b).
    What is 3b?
  7. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 14:10
    Originally posted by znsho
    What is 3b?
    Cheating.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 16:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 20:04
    Originally posted by Korch
    Grintzi was banned after winning quite a few tournaments - in the last three months of 2007 Grintzi and erice1 won around a third of the non-banded tournaments between them.

I wonder how many current tournaments are being won by would-be 3(b)'s now that the game-mod team seems to have gone into hibernation?
  10. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 20:47
    stupid 3(b)'s

I mean, what are they trying to prove?

That internet chess is not as good as OTB?

Yeah... thats their message!
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 20:59
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    Grintzi was banned after winning quite a few tournaments - in the last three months of 2007 Grintzi and erice1 won around a third of the non-banded tournaments between them.

I wonder how many current tournaments are being won by would-be 3(b)'s now that the game-mod team seems to have gone into hibernation?
    The mod team is not in hibernation but is merely going about its business quitely banning the cheaters and we don't know about it so we don't talk about all those that simply quietly disappear.
  12. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 00:531 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    The mod team is not in hibernation but is merely going about its business quitely banning the cheaters and we don't know about it so we don't talk about all those that simply quietly disappear.
    If this really is true then of course it's good news: does anyone know of any recent high-profile bannings?

The "quitely [sic] banning" idea does though, ignore the concept that many not only want justice to be done; they want justice to be seen to be done.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 01:36
    If someone who plays in tournaments or who is high up on the ratings list got banned, I doubt it would go unnoticed.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 01:41
    Presumably they still would be tagged on their profile with "player banned from the site". I know for a fact that no one has been banned since nmdavidb and grintzi. Your wishful thinking doesn't change the fact that the Game Mod system has collapsed or has been collapsed by the Site Admins.
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 20:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Presumably they still would be tagged on their profile with "player banned from the site". I know for a fact that no one has been banned since nmdavidb and grintzi. Your wishful thinking doesn't change the fact that the Game Mod system has collapsed or has been collapsed by the Site Admins.
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/volunteers.php

Tell these 4 people that they have collapsed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree