1. Joined
    10 Feb '11
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 08:40
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Harden up you non-sub scum parasite, and it's 'her games' you total ignofant.

Jesus wept.

skeeter
    Does that make you sub scum parasite, 'Sh'keeter [as in She + Skeeter] ? 🙂
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 09:13
    Originally posted by RamP
    Does that make you sub scum parasite, 'Sh'keeter [as in She + Skeeter] ? 🙂
    I acknowledge the insult, but will still pray for the forgiveness and ultimate absolution of your partners infidelities, in his afterlife.

skeeter
  3. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 09:31
    I should set myself up in the prophecy game, I am sure it would pay better than lecturing and paleoclimate research. I do seem to be quite good at prophesying, too good in fact.

Now, leave off the "accusations and other buffoonery" for a moment and tell me why I should renew my subscription at the end of this month. Being called non-sub scum/low life or some other derogatory phrase won't persuade me. I've been called far worse by my students and colleagues and that kind of comment just brings out the cantankerous old git in me.

So come on, leave off the petty squabbles over who is better than who (or pays more for what) and convince a soon-to-be-non-sub cyanobacterium to stump up some more dosh!
  4. Joined
    10 Feb '11
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 09:56
    I acknowledge the insult, but will still pray for the forgiveness and ultimate absolution of your partners infidelities, in his afterlife.

skeeter
    Skeeter, I have no intention of insulting you or anyone.

And insulting a lady on Women's Day is a big NO 🙂

I was just referring to that part of your comment. NVM, we can dump our differences of opinion here.

Kudos to you for making it to the top 🙂
  5. Joined
    08 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 10:47
    Harden up you non-sub scum parasite, and it's 'her games' you total ignofant.

Jesus wept.

skeeter
    and some more posts filled with the eager to share his chess wisdom, from the 'leader'...
  6. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 11:14
    Originally posted by polux
    and some more posts filled with the eager to share his chess wisdom, from the 'leader'...
    Why would the top dog (or bitch as appropriate) want to share his/her chess wisdom with others? I suspect such generosity would cause more trouble than it is worth.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 12:13
    Originally posted by RamP
    Skeeter, I have no intention of insulting you or anyone.

And insulting a lady on Women's Day is a big NO 🙂

I was just referring to that part of your comment. NVM, we can dump our differences of opinion here.

Kudos to you for making it to the top 🙂
    Is it Women day? cool, its also Pancake Tuesday!
  8. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 12:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Is it Women day? cool, its also Pancake Tuesday!
    Obvious connection: Woman's place is in the kitchen making pancakes not mucking about on chess sites.

Exit Diophantus stage left pursued by irate (female) bear.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 12:261 edit
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    Obvious connection: Woman's place is in the kitchen making pancakes not mucking about on chess sites.

Exit Diophantus stage left pursued by irate (female) bear.
    ooooh, actually it was my dad what used to make the pancakes, just saying. Anyhow,
    perhaps skeeter does make good pancakes, just a thought, anyhow here is a position
    for evaluation, its mega hard, see if you can get it. I never did and i looked at it for
    hours on and off,

Sax v Jansa 1982
    white to play

clue: tactical motif is removal of the gaurd
  10. e4
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 12:30
    For those that think Skeets needs an injection of humour
    you have to remember that the only way to openly accuse
    someone of engine use without the thread getting pulled is to
    hide it behind a joke or a 🙂.

So even a dozen 🙂 's following the most obvious joke will
    still cause some players to blow their top.

Especially if they know they don't break the rules and others
    who never get mentioned, even in the jokes, are.

Hi Skeets.

Even ChessBase are gettin in on the act.
    You are infamous.

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7051

A strong female player entered a minor tournament
    in New Zealand under a false name and cleaned up.

According to my research on here you are to blame for the
    world famine, the credit crunch, the Beatles splitting up and
    the decline in ratings of at least 12 TV programmes.

Seems only natural to lay this one on you as well.

BTW:
    If you are the girl in the picture then expect the marriage proposals
    to come flooding in.

(Of course offers by sub payers only will be considered). 🙂
  11. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 12:57
    We'll just see about that. I dont search non-sub scum posts and your 'smiley' along with the belated 'it was a joke' doesn't mitigate the cheating accusation. We're all heartily sick of the 'insinuations' from non-sub lowlife's and are looking for a suitable deterrent to end it. 30 days seems reasonable.

skeeter
    Taking advice from you on what's reasonable is like consulting Stevie Wonder on what telescope to buy.

Seriously, don't be so hateful, you're my second favorite player on the whole site. Everyone else ties for first.

😉
  12. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:061 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ooooh, actually it was my dad what used to make the pancakes, just saying. Anyhow,
    perhaps skeeter does make good pancakes, just a thought, anyhow here is a position
    for evaluation, its mega hard, see if you can get it. I never did and i looked at it for
    hours on and off,

Sax v Jansa 1982
    [fen]2r2rk1/2qbbpp1/p1nppn1p/1p6/4PPP1/1NN1B2P/PPP2QB1/2KR3R w - - 0 1[/fen]white to play

clue: tactical motif is removal of the gaurd
    I have no doubt Skeeter makes excellent pancakes, just as she makes excellent chess. I don't think gender should be an issue in either activity to be honest.

Now, that position. Sax and Jansa played twice in 1982, Sax winning both so the result is not in doubt. I remember this game, it was a favourite of one of the chaps in the club I played in about then. I think he knew Gyula Sax so was always parading his games about. I think this is move 15 or thereabouts. My database suggests Kb1 as the move from the one and only game it has in this position which is NOT Sax v Jansa 1982. Kb1 looks a little meek to my mind, not the sort of thing I'd expect a ferocious Magyar to be playing.

If the pawn on d6 could be removed and the queen persuaded to move from c7 then the bishop on d7 is a juicy target for the d1-rook. Hmmmm, e5? dxe5 then g5 hxg5 fxg5 to get rid of the knight on f6. Bb6 and Na5 and the bishop is dead. Of course, black can attempt spanners in the works with checks and so on but the result is inevitable once dxe5 is played. Ne8 looks a lot better than dxe5 but I don't think that was actually played. OK, now I'll go look the game up, I have it in some kind of printed thingy somewhere. That's what my index of printed wossnames says anyways. Be back in a while!

Edit: Found the game. It was closer to the top of the pile than I thought it would be. e5 and dxe5 etc as predicted. Now, do I get a pancake?
  13. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:08
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    For those that think Skeets needs an injection of humour
    you have to remember that the only way to openly accuse
    someone of engine use without the thread getting pulled is to
    hide it behind a joke or a 🙂.

So even a dozen 🙂 's following the most obvious joke will
    still cause some players to blow their top.

Especially if they know they don't br ...[text shortened]... roposals
    to come flooding in.

(Of course offers by sub payers only will be considered). 🙂
    Apparently those two tried the same trick in Australia. Both are allegedly German. Reminds me of the fuss that goes on about banded tournaments on a certain website...
  14. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:34
    Lol, I challenged the Skandbagger to a game to settle this on the board...but I'm on ignore. I assume this means my ban is not forthcoming..
  15. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:49
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    Lol, I challenged the Skandbagger to a game to settle this on the board...but I'm on ignore. I assume this means my ban is not forthcoming..
    Too much testosterone flying about in this thread. I think I need to lie down with a nice calming book on the French.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree