Moves
    09 Mar '11 02:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 06:30
    skeeter uses artificial resources, lol. I wonder if she wears a snood aswell.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 09:30
    Originally posted by hintjul
    skeeter uses artificial resources, lol. I wonder if she wears a snood aswell.
    Just a pancake mix, simply add an egg and beat it up, place it in the oven for twenty
    minutes gas mark 5 and voilà! instant pancakes! Smear with creamy butter and
    enjoy. I love pancakes. Anyhow, here is another rather amazing episode of the
    trapper being trapped, white finds an awesome move, and then an even handsomer
    move.

Gelbmann - Gyimesi, European championship,
    U-20, Siofok, 1996

what did white play?
  5. Joined
    28 Apr '09
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 10:55
    Don't quite see this one - surely 1. Rg1 is the only move to avoid immediate mate (except the interstitial knight check which doesn't seem to accomplish anything) - but then Black has very little.

One try for Black is I suppose 1... Ng3+, forcing 2. hxg3 on which Black might try 2. ...Qxg3 threatening 3...Qh4++ - but White has the simple (dramatic?) 3. Qh6 defending h2 and will end up a clear piece up, say after 3... Be4 4. Qh2 Qxh2+ 5. Kxh2 Bxc2

Black would do better to avoid this variation with 1... Rde8 and he is worse but surviving at least for a while.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 11:17
    Originally posted by Jack Bertram
    Don't quite see this one - surely 1. Rg1 is the only move to avoid immediate mate (except the interstitial knight check which doesn't seem to accomplish anything) - but then Black has very little.

One try for Black is I suppose 1... Ng3+, forcing 2. hxg3 on which Black might try 2. ...Qxg3 threatening 3...Qh4++ - but White has the simple (dramatic?) ...[text shortened]... ter to avoid this variation with 1... Rde8 and he is worse but surviving at least for a while.
    well done my illustrious friend, Rg1! is actually winning for white! Your analysis is spot on!

7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 12:28
    Originally posted by PAWN RIOT
    ...I get Sick and tired of reading Tosh like this why is it anyone who gets anywhere near the top gets labeled a cheat?
    I don't know. Ask skeeter, maybe? He wasn't averse of doing it himself when others held that spot, so he should be the best person to explain why it's now happening to him.

Richard
  8. Joined
    10 Feb '11
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 14:08
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I don't know. Ask skeeter, maybe? He wasn't averse of doing it himself when others held that spot, so he should be the best person to explain why it's now happening to him.

Richard
    Allow me to rephrase what Shallow Blue has said:

I don't know. Ask skeeter, maybe? She wasn't averse of doing it herself when others held that spot, so she should be the best person to explain why it's now happening to her.

🙂
  9. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 14:20
    A simple mistake. In fact, at times people have confused her for a human being.

BTW, day three of the ban is going swimmingly.
  10. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 14:36
    Robbie- enjoyed both games you posted- couldnt help noticing you are still looking at Sicilian games though, where are the Colle brilliant tactical games?
  11. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 14:48
    Originally posted by RamP
    Allow me to rephrase what Shallow Blue has said:

I don't know. Ask skeeter, maybe? She wasn't averse of doing it herself when others held that spot, so she should be the best person to explain why it's now happening to her.

🙂
    Of course how can someone who frequently complains about engine use in the fora be using one herself?
    I'm in a fairly unique position, I should think.
    A few months ago I used Batch Analyzer & 4 x AMD Phenom 2.30GHz 4GB RAM Houdini 1.03a x64 4_CPU Hash:512 Time:30s Depth:Max 20ply to look at Skeeter's 20 then most recent games vs 2000+ rateds which all have a minimum of 20 non-database moves.
    I agree with Skeeter in that people shouldn't make unfounded claims of foul-play with scant or no evidence, sub or not.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 15:213 edits
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Robbie- enjoyed both games you posted- couldnt help noticing you are still looking at Sicilian games though, where are the Colle brilliant tactical games?
    Nimzo my friend, have you been with me so long that you are yet unaware of the
    games that I posted originally, the games of Master Colle himself which were
    masterpieces of the tactical art. Indeed the game in which Colle himself sacrificed two
    knights and the exchange? How more brilliant can you get my friend? If i find a
    queen sacrifice will it allay your fears? Perhaps a double bishop sacrifice would
    smooth your way to accepting the way of water? Consider this brilliancy!

Salo Landau v Eero Einar Book, 1937
  13. gumtree
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 17:08
    PAWN RIOT and skeeter now equal with Caesare one point behind. How come no one ever mentions Caesare? Is he (I assume 'tis a he) not controversial enough to warrant a forum ruckus?
  14. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 18:06
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    Of course how can someone who frequently complains about engine use in the fora be using one herself?
    I'm in a fairly unique position, I should think.
    A few months ago I used Batch Analyzer & 4 x AMD Phenom 2.30GHz 4GB RAM Houdini 1.03a x64 4_CPU Hash:512 Time:30s Depth:Max 20ply to look at Skeeter's 20 then most recent games vs 2000+ rateds which all hav ...[text shortened]... at people shouldn't make unfounded claims of foul-play with scant or no evidence, sub or not.
    What you've written is neither here nor there. Make a thread and post some analysis. If your findings are suspect it is what it is...if not the we all get the benefit of learning from the games. I still give the haint the benefit of the doubt and assume she earned what she gotten...although this fact is completely lost on the illiterate minority who wants to jump me over my joke
  15. gumtree
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 19:11
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    What you've written is neither here nor there. Make a thread and post some analysis. If your findings are suspect it is what it is...if not the we all get the benefit of learning from the games. I still give the haint the benefit of the doubt and assume she earned what she gotten...although this fact is completely lost on the illiterate minority who wants to jump me over my joke
    You made a joke? In here? Good God man! I am surprised you weren't tarred and feathered. How GP gets away with it is beyond me. Hmmm, maybe he likes being tarred and feathered.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree