1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 13:55
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    I have no doubt Skeeter makes excellent pancakes, just as she makes excellent chess. I don't think gender should be an issue in either activity to be honest.

Now, that position. Sax and Jansa played twice in 1982, Sax winning both so the result is not in doubt. I remember this game, it was a favourite of one of the chaps in the club I played in about t ...[text shortened]... the pile than I thought it would be. e5 and dxe5 etc as predicted. Now, do I get a pancake?
    your friends name, it wasn't Martin Weteschnik was it? Never the less me bucky, well
    done! a brilliant anaylysis, for yes indeed, if the d file opens those two defenders, the
    queen on c7 and the knight on f6 can be chased away, leaving the juicy bishop behind.

BTW I think skeeter uses an instant pancake mix 😛
  2. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 14:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your friends name, it wasn't Martin Weteschnik was it? Never the less me bucky, well
    done! a brilliant anaylysis, for yes indeed, if the d file opens those two defenders, the
    queen on c7 and the knight on f6 can be chased away, leaving the juicy bishop behind.

[pgn]
    [FEN "2r2rk1/2qbbpp1/p1nppn1p/1p6/4PPP1/1NN1B2P/PPP2QB1/2KR3R w - - 0 1"] 1. ...[text shortened]... 7 5. Na5 Bxg5+ 6. Kb1 Qb8 7. Rxd7[/pgn]

BTW I think skeeter uses an instant pancake mix 😛
    Nope, not Martin Weteschnik. He knew Gyula Sax because he was his cousin, a distant cousin I think. They were both Saxes but the English version (or his parents) had left Hungary before the war. Mr. Sax (he was older than me so always Mr. Sax) was in touch with his cousin despite the intervening iron curtain and usually got reports of his famous relative's games before they were published in any official way. The analysis actually comes from one of those reports of which I have a copy. I am surprised I remembered it to be honest.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 14:39
    Nope, not Martin Weteschnik. He knew Gyula Sax because he was his cousin, a distant cousin I think. They were both Saxes but the English version (or his parents) had left Hungary before the war. Mr. Sax (he was older than me so always Mr. Sax) was in touch with his cousin despite the intervening iron curtain and usually got reports of his famous relative' ...[text shortened]... from one of those reports of which I have a copy. I am surprised I remembered it to be honest.
    i think its pretty awesome that you remembered it. Apparently he was an Olympiad gold medallist Gyula Sax and an outstanding tactician! Westeschnik says that he trained with him a few times. ill see if i can find some more dainties to test your resolve!
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 14:44
    OMG I love the Jesus wept part... Rock on girl!!!
  5. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 14:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i think its pretty awesome that you remembered it. Apparently he was an Olympiad gold medallist Gyula Sax and an outstanding tactician! Westeschnik says that he trained with him a few times. ill see if i can find some more dainties to test your resolve!
    Outstanding tactician indeed. That's why us "youngsters" (I was 24 at the time) would get these games thrust at us to study. I remember that one because I had a similar position in a league match with our arch rivals and failed to convert the position to the full point. I probably played Kb1 as in my database and got a miserable draw. After the match I was soundly berated. "If only you could play like Gyula! Study this and tell me what you missed."
  6. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 18:06
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    Lol, I challenged the Skandbagger to a game to settle this on the board...but I'm on ignore. I assume this means my ban is not forthcoming..
    Thabtos- I have played Skeeter something like 6 times and I even though I have 5 losses I dont think she cheated in any of my games. So maybe you should save your accusations for people you have actually played, or studied their games at least.
  7. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Thabtos- I have played Skeeter something like 6 times and I even though I have 5 losses I dont think she cheated in any of my games. So maybe you should save your accusations for people you have actually played, or studied their games at least.
    You're right. I should do some deep analysis of her games before I call her a cheat, but I can't help it. I just can't help but to constantly lob accusations. The sad thing is that it's been going on for months:

Me, December 27, 2010:
    In a few years I want to be the #1 player on RHP so I can be adorned with countless accusations of cheating.

I don't think that skeets cheats. I would say that her success comes from detailed analysis.

Me, the next day, addressing the accusation that she's suspect because she doesn't talk about chess:
    There's a slight difference between talking about chess and playing chess. Take Ray Keene's career for example.

Edit: There's was also a deleted thread where I also wasted precious keystrokes defending that flower of womanhood.

Also, if I thought she cheated, why would I want to challenge her to a game?
  8. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 18:44
    I tell ya, Skeeter threads are the best.
  9. gumtree
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 19:20
    Originally posted by SmittyTime
    I tell ya, Skeeter threads are the best.
    Especially when you get pancakes! I'm still waiting for mine although I am sure it will be worth the wait.
  10. Joined
    07 Mar '11
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 20:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 22:02
    Especially when you get pancakes! I'm still waiting for mine although I am sure it will be worth the wait.
    If you are waiting for pancakes, there is usually one every time she wins- it's her opponent, flattened and discarded!
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 23:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    ...and you don't have the balls to post this under your real ID because?

If you are not happy about some posting cheat allegations in the forums then report the post(s), though you will need to be a subscriber to do so, so maybe under your real ID!
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 23:41
    Originally posted by adramforall
    ...and you don't have the balls to post this under your real ID because?

If you are not happy about some posting cheat allegations in the forums then report the post(s), though you will need to be a subscriber to do so, so maybe under your real ID!
    I would think by now that everyone knows what redwoodpine's other account nick is.

skeeter
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '11
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 01:43

15. Joined
    07 Mar '11
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 02:291 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree