1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 02:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You know i love it when it gets technical. 🙂

Let's use dictionary.com's definition.

1. a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.

2 .a population so related.

3. Anthropology .

a. any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive an ...[text shortened]... he Dutch race.

The Jews fit one of those definitions and mtDNA analysis would back that up.
    you know how i feel about this thing my friend, there is one race, the human! with the
    exception of the Scots who are descended from the gods. Fischer was probably
    Scottish originally, heck we even claim that Barak Obama is practically Scottish!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 02:341 edit
    Originally posted by Polenzia
    I watched this programme with a degree of biased nostalgia because the FisherSpassky match ignited my love for the game. When the match happened I was enthralled not just by the chess, but the clash of ideologies and the mind games surrounding the whole event (and my imagination was captured by RJF, his story, his quest, and his brilliant games) and I cheer tary was about Bobby, but for me the real story was about Boris and how he just wanted to play.
    Yes, Fischer himself was astounded at Spasskys sportsmanship, when after the sixth
    game, Spassky applauded his play after losing, guy was a gentleman and an
    inspiration.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 12:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you know how i feel about this thing my friend, there is one race, the human! with the
    Scottish originally, heck we even claim that Barak Obama is practically Scottish!
    you know how i feel about this thing my friend, there is one race, the human!

How you 'feel' is irrelevant Rob. Besides, wasn't it one of your mantras that there are three races of peoples to match the three sins of Noah?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 15:01
    [b]you know how i feel about this thing my friend, there is one race, the human!

How you 'feel' is irrelevant Rob. Besides, wasn't it one of your mantras that there are three races of peoples to match the three sins of Noah?[/b]
    As you have highlighted in your text, there were, by anthropological definition, three
    types or distinctions of humans based upon certain defining criteria, Caucasian,
    Negroid and Mongoloid. That the Bible mentions that Noah, had three sons and that
    these plausible demarcations are a consequence of that belongs in spirituality, I myself
    prefer to think of there being one race, the human race as you are aware 🙂
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 15:50
    As you have highlighted in your text, there were, by anthropological definition, three
    types or distinctions of humans based upon certain defining criteria, Caucasian,
    Negroid and Mongoloid. That the Bible mentions that Noah, had three sons and that
    these plausible demarcations are a consequence of that belongs in spirituality, I myself
    prefer to think of there being one race, the human race as you are aware 🙂
    You're right that belongs in spirituality, it certainly doesn't belong in science. 😉

I like to think of us as one species, anyhow, we successfully managed to derail this thread good and proper.
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 18:341 edit
    Barak Obama is Irish. It was O'Bama before his family left the old country for the New World and lost the apostrophe.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 19:481 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Barak Obama is Irish. It was O'Bama before his family left the old country for the New World and lost the apostrophe.
    Turns out that yet another US President will have Scottish ancestry... Barack Obama's
    maternal ancestor, Edward FitzRandolph, is said to have emigrated to America in the
    17th Century and according to genealogists his ancestry can also be traced to William
    the Lion, who ruled Scotland from 1165 to 1214.

http://www.scotster.com/forums/political-news/Scottish-ancestry-Barack-
    Obama.112.html

🙂
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 19:58
    You're right that belongs in spirituality, it certainly doesn't belong in science. 😉

I like to think of us as one species, anyhow, we successfully managed to derail this thread good and proper.
    yes indeed, for we are concerned with truth, not that which is merely plausible! 😛

thread hijackers inc.!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 23:09

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 23:21

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 23:363 edits

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 01:35
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    yes indeed, but Fischers Sabbath was not the same as Revshevskys, for Fischer was
    not a Jew, but a Christian and that is why he so resented Bradys representation of him
    as Jewish in his first book, Profile of a prodigy, for after reading the draft Fischer
    asked Brady to amend the appellation which he refused to do, because of what Fischer
    perceived as pressure from Jewish publishers. Once again this was an instance in
    which Fischer resentment was being in his mind, justified.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 01:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    yes its entirely possible and reminiscent of his opinion of the European colonisation of
    America as amounting to the same thing,, genocide on a massive scale.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree