Can i use books to aid play ?

Can i use books to aid play ?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
10 May 08
1 edit

Originally posted by tamuzi
What the hell? I've already quoted you to say that, and I can again

"I won't bother to read the previous pages, as it'll be the same exact 'discussion' it always is. but I am going to say what I've said in every other thread like this before:

all you low rated people who think books and especially dbs are 'cheating', start using them. it won't give any e, but even it has had modifications, are we not allowed to talk?
that's completely ridiculous. what would you call the group of players who have a low rating?

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
10 May 08

Originally posted by Wulebgr
The RHP TOS http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/termsofservice.php has been quoted several times in this thread. It clearly states that books, databases, and other pre-existing research materials are permitted. Hence, the burden of proof falls on you to assert that it is not part of the intent of RHP to facilitate this style of chess play. You have offered no a ...[text shortened]... decisively, but you have proven yourself impervious to evidence.

No more food for the troll.
Blindly quoting the TOS of this site is not the same as addressing the issues of using databases and chessbooks to make moves, and whether or not that can be considered to be a form of cheating. To me that is a cowardly act.

t

Moves
10 May 08
1 edit

taken to PM

Moves
10 May 08

Originally posted by eldragonfly
Blindly quoting the TOS of this site is not the same as addressing the issues of using databases and chessbooks to make moves, and whether or not that can be considered to be a form of cheating. To me that is a cowardly act.
3 times now.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
10 May 08
1 edit

Originally posted by tamuzi
You make your argument "valid" by denigrating the ethos of everyone arguing against them by stating that they are "low rated people" and therefore what they say is pointless. You set a "High rated vs low rated standard and imply that lowraters don't have anything to say, hence why you didn't "bother to read the other pages". Get off your high horse and come p emented game, but even it has had modifications, are we not allowed to talk?
Bravo! Only severely delusional and deficient person would imply that others have nothing to say or don't have any standards, based on an artificial measure such as an online chess rating. Pointless in the extreme.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
10 May 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Bedlam
3 times now.
And don`t forget - he is so upset about "cowardly acts". Probably avoiding answers is very brave act for him 😀

P.S. He also avoided to answer my question.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
10 May 08

Originally posted by Korch
And don`t forget - he is so upset about "cowardly acts". Probably avoiding answers is very brave act for him 😀
Be my guest, your thick ad hominem rich posts show that you have no position to defend, your silly baiting attacks are next to worthless.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
10 May 08

Be my guest, your thick ad hominem rich posts show that you have no position to defend, your silly baiting attacks are next to worthless.
I`m still awaiting for your answers to Bedlam and also to my question Mr.Braveheart 😀

Moves
10 May 08

How is aranging you to talk to a correspondence chess master a baiting tactic. You can if you wish choose to a)talk to the master and get more information, or you can b)keep ignoring this offer.

But it strikes me as you not wanting to broaden your mind and gather all the facts, even those that will crush your misunderstanding as running in the same vein as why you're against databases and books.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
10 May 08

Originally posted by Bedlam
How is aranging you to talk to a correspondence chess master a baiting tactic. You can if you wish choose to a)talk to the master and get more information, or you can b)keep ignoring this offer.

But it strikes me as you not wanting to broaden your mind and gather all the facts, even those that will crush your misunderstanding as running in the same vein as why you're against databases and books.
He is just coward - he afraids to confess in his lazyness and/or inability to use books and databases. And he is hiding behind high-sounding phrases.

Isn`t he miserable?

rc

Moves
10 May 08

Using books and databases also demands use of your brain. Brainless using of books of databases will not help you too much.

Ridiculous is your obvious ignorance and inability to understand obvious difference between OTB and CC.

P.S. Are you pretend to be more qualified in chess than me?
I pretend and whats more when i get better im coming to getcha! Lol - regards Robbie 😀

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
10 May 08

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I pretend and whats more when i get better im coming to getcha! Lol - regards Robbie 😀
Good luck my friend 😉

Moves
10 May 08

He is just coward - he afraids to confess in his lazyness and/or inability to use books and databases. And he is hiding behind high-sounding phrases.

Isn`t he miserable?
Nevermind, its all good fun 🙂

Moves
10 May 08

Oh yes, I almost forgot. 4th time.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
10 May 08

high-sounding phrases.
That's generous.