14 May '21 03:071 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 May '21 11:35
    @Liljo

The game board is not showing on my monitor any more. It did for a while. Is it just my monitor?
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    14 May '21 13:20
    @moonbus said
    @Liljo

The game board is not showing on my monitor any more. It did for a while. Is it just my monitor?
    Mine either. That's weird...

Another chess story:
    I taught my grand daughter and a few of her friends how to play. Just the basics, how the pieces move, common openings, etc. Now, on "sleepovers" (she is 10) her friends play together. They are all improving rapidly (certainly no young phenoms among the group) and it is rewarding to see that "heritage" passed down.

Good chess to all!
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 May '21 14:45
    @Liljo

Introduce them to Queen’s Gambit on Netflix. It might inspire them.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 May '21 16:14
    @liljo said
    Mine either. That's weird...
    I have alerted the Russ.
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    15 May '21 01:541 edit
    @moonbus

I avoided the sex scenes, told them the story (my own suped up version) and we watched the grand finale together—just me and my grand daughter. I was somewhat uncomfortable showing it to her friends.

She is very athletically inclined playing organized basketball since she was six, and very involved in dance. I doubt chess will ever be more than an occasional thing for her, but she does enjoy the competition.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 May '21 07:03
    @moonbus said
    I have alerted the Russ.
    He fixed it.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 May '21 07:04
    @liljo said
    @moonbus

I avoided the sex scenes, told them the story (my own suped up version) and we watched the grand finale together—just me and my grand daughter. I was somewhat uncomfortable showing it to her friends.

She is very athletically inclined playing organized basketball since she was six, and very involved in dance. I doubt chess will ever be more than an occasional thing for her, but she does enjoy the competition.
    Yes, I forgot that there are a couple of scenes not appropriate for 10-ys olds.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 May '21 19:58
    Some day I will learn how the horsey moves.
  10. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    16 May '21 07:23
    @Trev33

We always called it that when I played in school. It was only later I came to realise the N in notation meant Nag 😁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree