1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 03:21
    Originally posted by adramforall
    lol, if he can't after 15 games then he does need help
    yeah...somewhere in psychiatric ward B of the nearest mental hospital...thats where he needs his help.
  2. London
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 06:102 edits
    Whilst I totally support the idea that access to the internet can be beneficial for people with psychiatric disorders it is a shame that our health service lacks the resources to provide supervision. Therefore I think we have a collective responsibility to be more supportive towards the occasional poster who appears to be suffering from delusions or some other mental health problem. Instead of trading insults and engaging in tit for tat point scoring (and I apologize for my contributions in this area) perhaps we should be asking ourselves question like - what if this were a relative of mine and how best can I help?

We would not beat a man with only one leg just because he cannot run... why not offer the same sort of consideration to mental health patients or must there forever be a stigma attached to these conditions.

So Dragon Fire and Siclian Smaug I call upon you both to be more responsible. Perhaps you could take a lead in demonstrating how the chess community is not just an exclusive environment for an intelligent elite. Surely we are big enough and caring enough to support those less fortunate than ourselves in the sanity department.

(Edit: My apologies to you all. I left Mr Mahout unattended for a short while. It's time for his tablets now. He'll be back once they've had a chance to take effect.)
  3. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 06:211 edit
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Whilst I totally support the idea that access to the internet can be beneficial for people with psychiatric disorders it is a shame that our health service lacks the resources to provide supervision. Therefore I think we have a collective responsibility to be more supportive towards the occasional poster who appears to be suffering from delusions or some oth ...[text shortened]... hile. It's time for his tablets now. He'll be back once they've had a chance to take effect.)
    uhhhh...hmmm...oh well...at least I didn't get mentioned and put in the corner.

Dave
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 07:26
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    you really have no idea.... "i play gm's all the time..", why dont you spend a bit more time with your wife and kids instead of drooling over a chessboard...? you play people with a rating about 500 below you and have the cheek to say you're a gm.. that's the same as me playing only 900-1000 rated players.... of course you're going to do better on a ches ...[text shortened]... urn up.... you and the person who's rated about 1300.... your favourite type of opponent
    Is he ok?
  5. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 11:31
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Whilst I totally support the idea that access to the internet can be beneficial for people with psychiatric disorders it is a shame that our health service lacks the resources to provide supervision. Therefore I think we have a collective responsibility to be more supportive towards the occasional poster who appears to be suffering from delusions or some oth ...[text shortened]... hile. It's time for his tablets now. He'll be back once they've had a chance to take effect.)
    though i do advocate comical creativity in all of us i feel with you it would be best left to others
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 11:32
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    uhhhh...hmmm...oh well...at least I didn't get mentioned and put in the corner.

Dave
    still rooting dave.... when all your friends have turned there backs on you, i be here
  7. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 17:15
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    still rooting dave.... when all your friends have turned there backs on you, i be here
    I have friends?

Dave
  8. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 17:381 edit
    i thought i was.....guess not😞

*walks away with head down*
  9. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 17:42
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    i thought i was.....guess not😞

*walks away with head down*
    O f course you are!!!

Thanks for the Reinfeld thing btw...can't believe I was saying Chernev.

Dave
  10. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 17:59
    "aww shucks dave" 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree