17 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 14:531 edit
    at least in my book. The chism remains.
  3. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 14:55
    Kramnik is the people's world champion, no matter what happens with the blitzgames.
  4. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 14:55
    Originally posted by hahahaaaa
    Kramnik is world champion!
    Remember there is a game to be played(game 5), the result could be negative or positive for him, so nobody is world champion, its a Draw.
  5. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 15:01
    Of course I also think that Topalov should promote the playing of game five, because if I was him , I wouldn't be satisfied with this draw.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 15:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:283 edits
    Originally posted by Superman
    Of course I also think that Topalov should promote the playing of game five, because if I was him , I wouldn't be satisfied with this draw.
    If Topalov promoted the playing of game 5, he would regain my allegiance. He must play GAME 5 with Kramnik. If it is a draw in a "played" GAME 5, then and only then should they begin the blitz games. But, if Topalov does not play that 5th GAME against Kramnik and show some character (not to mention apologizing publicly), I will never again be a Topalov fan. I will only be a Kramnik fan.

With that said, a lawsuit by Kramnik - if GAME 5 is played - is imminent, and this World Championship match may be decided by the courts instead. What a sat situation for we chess fans. Pitiful! An abomination! Fischer would never allow this crap! He would have flown home and told everyone to kiss his rear end. Can you imagine what Fischer would have said if he were in Kramnik's position? Oh BOY!
  8. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:31
    Originally posted by powershaker
    If Topalov promoted the playing of game 5, he would regain my allegiance. He must play GAME 5 with Kramnik. If it is a draw in a "played" GAME 5, then and only then should they begin the blitz games. But, if Topalov does not play that 5th GAME against Kramnik and show some character (not to mention apologizing publicly), I will never again be a Topalo ...[text shortened]... would never allow this crap! He would have flown home and told everyone to kiss his rear end.
    Toppy would have to win game 5 to maintain the tie...
  9. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 18:332 edits
    Originally posted by zebano
    Toppy would have to win game 5 to maintain the tie...
    Yeah, true. But, I just wish the two greatest chess players at present would both come to realize they are only hurting chess fans everywhere. Pathetic! Be a man, Topalov! Play game 5!
  10. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '06 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by Audacious
    Both players agreed to the conditions before hand (own rest rooms etc) and it was in the contract. When the decision was made to change the conditions FIDE breached the contract, not only that but they also gave video footage of Kramnik in his rest area to Topalov's team. Kramnik said the other day if he doesn't get a replay of game 5 he plans to sue FIDE,

*edit*

lol didn't see this went on for 3 pages, anyway that's what I think about it.
    In which court Kramnik will file the lawsuit?

If in USA, we know what the smart lawyers do here.

He'd better be prepaired to pay his $500K from the match for attorney fees as well.

In addition the chess public here doesn't seem to see reasonable reasons for him not to play game 5.

Time to get down to earth.
  11. over there
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 00:41
    Kramnik is obviously the better player. Even if Topalov played and won game 5, he still wouldn't have won it all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree