1. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:41
    Originally posted by ben mossberg
    Bah,

This whole post is clearly a bid to shame Gaskit into a rematch.
    It doesn't look like it's going to work. You're not getting too much sympathy, it seems.
  2. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:421 edit
    I suppose you meant Knc4?
    And I suppose that you meant Nc4+.
  3. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:42
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    It doesn't look like it's going to work. You're not getting too much sympathy, it seems.
    😛
  4. Joined
    14 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:45
    I suppose you meant Knc4?
    You'll get used to it.. and become ruthless yourself! I can't see how you can play Rc4+ though 🙂 Also where is the mate in 2????
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:49
    Originally posted by nawadaP
    You'll get used to it.. and become ruthless yourself! I can't see how you can play Rc4+ though 🙂 Also where is the mate in 2????
    The mate in 2 would have been nice. Nc4+ Ka4 b3#
  6. Joined
    14 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:51
    The mate in 2 would have been nice. Nc4+ Ka4 b3#
    Can't his opponent use 'en passant' in reply to b3???
  7. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:53
    Originally posted by nawadaP
    Can't his opponent use 'en passant' in reply to b3???
    Nope.
  8. Joined
    14 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:56
    Nope.
    I see, thanks!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 21:56
    Nope.
    the pawn being captured must move two squares forward to be captured en passant
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 22:001 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 22:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 22:05
    Dear Ben Mossberg,
    Why, exactly, do you care? As I pointed out in another thread, This is a chess site for fun. We are here to try to better our chess skills and have fun playing a fun game at the same time. Why are you letting this get to you? Anyone who looks through your games will see that one, see your two move mate, and also see on the side that the loss is due to a timeout. Obviously, you were the better player.
    Also, really, how much did your rating drop after that loss? Concern for rating could be the only reason you're flipping out over this matter. Ratings on this site aren't really reflective of playing ability in some cases anyway. Several players, both on and off this site, say that, on a good day, I play around 1500-1550 level, which is quite a bit from my rating on this site of 1397. (One reson for my lower rating is that I try to play stronger players, which I lose to. More importantly than the outcome of the game, however, is that by playing better players, my own skills grow, as I discover my mistakes. That, however, is for another thread a different time.) Ratings aren't that important on this site, so you shouldn't let that bother you.
    Furthermore, you should take comfort in knowing for yourself that you won the game! Regardless of the fact that you lost on time (which is your fault) you out played your opponent! That should produce a happy feeling in anyone, not a sense of needing revenge in some rematch. Get over it, and pat yourself on the back for a game well done.

Rubberjaw
  13. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 22:05
    Bah,

This whole post is clearly a bid to shame Gaskit into a rematch.

I don't think that shaming Gaskit into a rematch would work. If you look he doesn't have any forum posts so he's probably not reading this thread.
  14. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 22:10
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yeah, it looks kinda like the Wookie from Star Wars, except it has a "V" shaved into its chest. 😲
  15. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 22:11
    Originally posted by hamltnblue
    I don't think that shaming Gaskit into a rematch would work. If you look he doesn't have any forum posts so he's probably not reading this thread.
    That's a cryin' shame. He's missing some darn good entertainment!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree