1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 15:402 edits
    I wish there was more information about IronMan31 on the site as he was banned before I joined and I've heard a lot about him.

Some of the 3(b) bannings are very difficult to understand. For example this user User 285744 was banned a few days ago for computer use, but a cursory look at any of her (?) games makes any suggestion that she had any outside help seem completely laughable.
  2. back in business
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 15:471 edit
    shhh. quiet now. for gods sake, do not mention his name. this thread is now closed. i think they might be already after us.
  3. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 15:49
    Originally posted by Fat Lady

Some of the 3(b) bannings are very difficult to understand. For example this user User 285744 was banned a few days ago for computer use, but a cursory look at any of her (?) games makes any suggestion that she had any outside help seem completely laughable.[/b]
    You might want to read her public forum posts:

Ana F

Moves : 1540
    12 Jan '07 12:46 :: 0 recommendations
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    Why are you plugging your moves into an engine during a game??

It's simple my friend... In RedHot there are a lot of peolpe using cheat programs.. When i see my opponents with low rating make really good moves and win in 10 moves, What i make it put my plays in a engine and simulate my opponents move, if they match with the engine i RESIGN and don't play anymore with that person.

I do not use that engines for myself (if i use then why is my rating so low?)

I only use then to see if my opponent is fair..

Thread: cheating Forum: Only Chess
  4. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 15:51
    I wish there was more information about IronMan31 on the site as he was banned before I joined and I've heard a lot about him.
    No doubt you heard a lot about him(?), but why do you wish for more information?? Ironman31 was banned for violation of 3(b). That's more than enough information for me...
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 15:521 edit
    Oh Lordy. I see what you mean.

(Edit: about User 285744)
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 16:221 edit

Some of the 3(b) bannings are very difficult to understand. For example this user User 285744 was banned a few days ago for computer use, but a cursory look at any of her (?) games makes any suggestion that she had any outside help seem completely laughable.
    I think this user admitted in the forum to using an engine to check moves of his/her opponent during the game to see if his/her opponent was cheating whilst not thinking they were actually cheating by doing this.

Not sure if this is what got him or her banned.

Edit: I see someone else has already said this.
  7. Porthmadog
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 16:40
    What ranking would you of thought that Ironman31 would have been had he not used chess engines?
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 16:55
    Originally posted by Ari Brenin Cymru
    What ranking would you of thought that Ironman31 would have been had he not used chess engines?
    About 500!
  9. Porthmadog
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 17:00
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    About 500!
    Serious? He could talk a good game on the forums. I would've thought he'd at least be a decent player.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 17:06

It matched Fritz in giveaway mode......
  11. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 17:25
    Wait, has ironman been banned, then?
  12. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 17:25
    Originally posted by Ari Brenin Cymru
    Serious? He could talk a good game on the forums. I would've thought he'd at least be a decent player.
    I don't believe any decent player (say >1500/1600) would seriously consider computer use except for after game analysis as such players will play OTB also and be seriously interested in improving.

Logically what point is there in a genuine 2100 player using an engine?

A 2000 player? 1900 player? 1800?

Aren't such players capable of playing a decent game without resorting to engines and are they not used to losing to stronger (and weaker players from time to time) players enough so as not to really care provided they aquitted themselves well.

So I feel an engine user would be a modest player at best and probably a novice, but I may be wrong..............
  13. The sky
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 17:58
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    Wait, has ironman been banned, then?
    No, he's still playing here. User 28826
  14. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 18:191 edit
    Some of the 3(b) bannings are very difficult to understand.
    At least we can see pretty easily why this user was banned.

User 259144

EDIT: What do you think the odds are of a steve66(2) "I didn't do it!" thread showing up?
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 18:294 edits
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    At least we can see pretty easily why this user was banned.

User 259144

EDIT: What do you think the odds are of a steve66(2) "I didn't do it!" thread showing up?
    How can this be? I beat and drew with him

Game 2211536 and Game 2211551

and I cannot beat an engine.

Edit: Oh my god the thread has already turned up Thread 61004

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree