KG, Ruy, and Dragon for your enjoyment...

KG, Ruy, and Dragon for your enjoyment...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
06 Jan 07

Originally posted by dmnelson84
I faired ok until the rook fiasco. Sometimes a game of chess is just a game of chess. You're blowing my challenge out of proportion. If you don't want to play me, so be it.
Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing you, but there have been an inane number of replies basically saying "CMS you're such a jerkface, you won't even play people that you don't want to!?!?! Don't you care about their feelings?!?!" and I got annoyed with it.

Y

Moves
06 Jan 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing you, but there have been an inane number of replies basically saying "CMS you're such a jerkface, you won't even play people that you don't want to!?!?! Don't you care about their feelings?!?!" and I got annoyed with it.
well that explains 1/3 of your profile...

c

Moves
06 Jan 07

Originally posted by YUG0slav
well that explains 1/3 of your profile...
Maybe in time I'll explain the other 2/3. 😛

But yeah, there ARE reasons for saying that I don't care about peoples feelings.

Y

Moves
06 Jan 07

i'll guess that...you say you'll take timeouts to refute the idiots who complain about it

you say you like Tal because...oh its already posted

you say 1. ...e5 = 1-0 because...you're arrogant?😉

you post your KG record...ok this I find silly and I think it's just to make yourself feel good.

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
06 Jan 07

Maybe in time I'll explain the other 2/3. 😛

But yeah, there ARE reasons for saying that I don't care about peoples feelings.
The only reason I can think of is that you are an arrogant, self-absorbed teenager. I mean what kind of person goes around loudly and proudly proclaiming their ignorant worldview. I can't think of one enviable person who would espouse such trash.

Hey, I guess I don't care about your feelings either.

c

Moves
06 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by YUG0slav
i'll guess that...you say you'll take timeouts to refute the idiots who complain about it

you say you like Tal because...oh its already posted

you say 1. ...e5 = 1-0 because...you're arrogant?😉

you post your KG record...ok this I find silly and I think it's just to make yourself feel good.
Haha, ok let's see

1..Sort of, I timed somebody out once and they moaned - so I threw that in there.

2.Yeah. 😛

3.Yeah, and to brag about the KG. I think it adds a fun psychological element, it seems like people are more inclined to play 1...e5 against me to try and prove me wrong. 🙂

4.LMAO, I started this a long time ago - it still makes me laugh. Basically your answer for number three would be closer for this one. I did it originally just to keep track of it, but then people started getting bothered about my braggery - so, of course, I kept it and added to it. 🙂

It's kind of impressive too, isn't it? 😵

c

Moves
06 Jan 07

Originally posted by Dies Irae
The only reason I can think of is that you are an arrogant, self-absorbed teenager. I mean what kind of person goes around loudly and proudly proclaiming their ignorant worldview. I can't think of one enviable person who would espouse such trash.

Hey, I guess I don't care about your feelings either.
Good for you....? You'll have to try a hell of a lot harder than that to hurt my feelings, bud. 😛

d

Moves
06 Jan 07

Good for you....? You'll have to try a hell of a lot harder than that to hurt my feelings, bud. 😛
I don't think he's trying to hurt your feelings.

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
06 Jan 07

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but anyone who has as their creed "I don't care about people's feelings" is probably an insecure moron.

c

Moves
06 Jan 07

Originally posted by Dies Irae
I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but anyone who has as their creed "I don't care about people's feelings" is probably an insecure moron.
Ok, glad to hear it.

Mind either talking about one of the games, or leaving now?

c

Moves
06 Jan 07

Since this thread has once again been derailed by some idiots that refuse to talk chess in Only Chess I'll post my annotations again to see if you guys have any thoughts about this. It seems to me that any critique of it could really help me to see where my thought process is wrong and how I might improve.

[Event "Challenge"]
[Site "http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com"]
[Date "2006.12.24"]
[Round "?"]
[White "cmsMaster"]
[Black "whirlpool"]
[WhiteRating "1689"]
[BlackRating "1663"]
[Result "1-0"]
[GameId "2929024"]

1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Ng1f3 g5 - {Orthodox Defense, in my opinion blacks toughest
response to the KNG, white's three main options here are 4.h4 4.d4 and 4.Bc4, but
I chose 4.h4 aiming for the Kieseritzky Gambit}

4. h4 g4 5. Nf3e5 {Kieseritzky Gambit}

Ng8f6 {In my opinion 5...d6 seems to be the tougher move for white to deal with,
although 5...Nf6 is still strong and offers black chances for equality if white
doesn't play very accurately}

6. Bf1c4 d5!
7. exd5 Bf8d6 8. d4 O-O 9. Bc1xf4 Nf6h5 10. g3!

f6 11. Ne5xg4 Qd8e8
12. Ke1d2 Nh5xf4 13. gxf4 Qe8e4 {This was the last book move for me, but this move
seems strong, I can't give a fair objective opinion until I've looked further into this
line}

14. Kd2c3 Qe4xf4 15. Rh1f1?? {Terrible, an obvious blunder, a situation where I made the
move quickly without checking for threats - the number one cause for lost games, as this one
should be for white at this point. I prefer the move 15.Rg1 when white should have winning chances}

Qf4xg4??{Bxg4-+}

16. Rf1g1 Bd6g3 17. Qd1xg4 Bc8xg4 18. Rg1xg3 h5 19. d6+! {Discovered check to win a pawn and
create a dangerous passed pawn}

Kg8h7 20. dxc7 Nb8c6? +-{I don't get the idea, clearly white will play d5 here forcing black
to waste another tempo and allowing white to connect his passed pawns on thh c and d files}

21. d5 Nc6e7 22. d6 Ne7f5 23. Bc4d3?{Rd3 seems to win the game outright.}

Kh7h6 24. Bd3xf5 Bg4xf5 25. Rg3f3 Bf5g4 26. Rf3d3 Ra8c8 27. Nb1d2 {Looking at either Nc4 or Ne4,
planning to double the rooks, and developing the knight}

Bg4f5 28. Rd3d4 Rf8f7 29. Nd2c4 b5 30. Nc4e3 Bf5e6 31. Ra1d1 Rf7d7 32. b3 {For two reasons, first,
to block the bishop, and the other purpose is clear with my next move}

a5 33. Kc3b2!{Protecting the king from potential checks after Rxb7 and making the connected
passed pawns even more dangerous}

Be6g4? 34. Ne3xg4 hxg4 35. Rd4xg4 Kh6h5

36. Rg4e4 Kh5g6!{Because now if 37.Re7?? Rxe7 38.dxe7 Kf7!}

37. h5!{Black can't take or he loses,
if he chooses not to take it adds another passed pawn for him to defend against and is more than likely too
difficult for black to handle}

Kg6xh5?? {Losing immediately} 38. Re4e7 1-0

nunquam perdo

Washington, DC

Moves
06 Jan 07
1 edit

I don't know why you pick on CMS so much...

I like his profile so much that I just changed mine!

I do think there is a difference between just playing lower rated people and responding to a public challenge in forum. If he likes to spend a portion of his RHP time in the forum instead of taking on more games that's his choice.

I might pm the guy to turn him down instead of putting him down in the forum thou :p

I wish more people would take the time to post thier games in certain openings and discuss the moves. It's very educational

E
my pimp hand's strng

kinda like my homies

Moves
06 Jan 07

Okay. For one, this post hasn't been more about it's title than the other we talked on. 😛 😉

About the CMS - Whirlpool game.

I would probably go for 5... Nf6 instead of d6, too - but that's just personal preference.
I would deviate with 8...Nh5
It's a personal preferance, but I've been a little skeptic with castling in sharp KG lines. Even if the next move that follow is Nh5, too. Nh5 opens diagonal for the queen and since Nc3 isn't the best answer for that white has to decide letting black take on h4 after castling - since in the mind of the gambit white should develop fast.
As on move 14 with black I wouldn't take on f4. It seems a little too much for good. Black seems to forget one thing. Namely what gambits and playing against them are about. The sacrificing side aims for better advancement and faster piece-play - while the defending side tries to keep up in development as much as they can. b5 instead of Qxf4 seems fine. Then aiming for hiding the king on h8 from the open g line and aim for a later c5, taking over the attacking strategy - forcing white into a game he planned for black.
After Qxg4 there's not much to say. There might be further interesting moves, but to be honest I stopped seeking there.

c

Moves
06 Jan 07

Originally posted by briancron
I don't know why you pick on CMS so much...

I like his profile so much that I just changed mine!

I do think there is a difference between just playing lower rated people and responding to a public challenge in forum. If he likes to spend a portion of his RHP time in the forum instead of taking on more games that's his choice.

I might pm the guy t ...[text shortened]... he time to post thier games in certain openings and discuss the moves. It's very educational
Hahaha, thanks Brian. Although I'm a little mad at you now, because I like your profile more... I mean look at this genius...

"I care very much about your feelings but I care about my rating more. If you play 1...e5 I try really really hard to win.

Jose Capablanca and Paul Morphy are my favorite players, simple efficient beautiful chess

My KG record comes out in the fall, the first single is 'Smack my Bish Op'"

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
06 Jan 07

Hahaha, thanks Brian. Although I'm a little mad at you now, because I like your profile more... I mean look at this genius...

"I care very much about your feelings but I care about my rating more. If you play 1...e5 I try really really hard to win.

Jose Capablanca and Paul Morphy are my favorite players, simple efficient beautiful chess

My KG record comes out in the fall, the first single is 'Smack my Bish Op'"
Lol thats pretty funny. Didn't mean to stir up a bunch of drama in the chess only forum. You're all beautiful in your own way.