1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 20:382 edits
    I finished a whole bunch of games in the last 24 hours; 2 KG games, a Ruy Lopez (it's true...), and a dragon that has been going on for months and is just a complete mess. I might even annotate them soon. 🙂

Game 2968858
    Game 2956367

Whirlpool sent me a challenge for this game telling me that he wouldn't mind losing to the KG, and I was only too happy to help him out. 🙂 Yeah, I did make at least one HUGE blunder with Rf1??, and I think I had the win a lot sooner, but he didn't catch the error and I got a fun win with the move h5+! 🙂

Game 2929024

One of my earliest games with the Dragon - it's not a Yugoslav Attack, but it is a mess, plenty of errors, but still fun. 🙂

Game 2233155
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:10
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I finished a whole bunch of games in the last 24 hours; 2 KG games, a Ruy Lopez (it's true...), and a dragon that has been going on for months and is just a complete mess. I might even annotate them soon. 🙂

Game 2968858
    Game 2956367

Whirlpool sent me a challenge for this game telling me that he wouldn't mind losing to the KG, and I was ...[text shortened]... v Attack, but it is a mess, plenty of errors, but still fun. 🙂

Game 2233155
    Somebody needs to tell Antoine about En Passent.

D
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Somebody needs to tell Antoine about En Passent.

D
    I asked him in game why he didn't take en passant - he told me he didn't think of it until afterwards. 😕

But he had much more serious problems later on in that game.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:151 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:173 edits
    I asked you for a game yesterday and you said that my rating was too low. Two of the games you posted were against opponents rated lower than myself. Let's play one?
  6. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:20
    Originally posted by dmnelson84
    I asked you for a game yesterday and you said that my rating was too low. Two of the games you posted were against opponents rated lower than myself. Let's play one?
    Come on! Arent you tired of beat downs like this one?

Game 2402064
  7. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:23
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    Come on! Arent you tired of beat downs like this one?

Game 2402064
    Certainly not. Care to play one?
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:27
    Sigh...ok, let's do an Immortal Game history lesson.

I think I have had more public challenges on the Only Chess forum than any other single person - don't ask me why, maybe people think I'm overrated. To every single challenge I've made it abundantly clear that I will accept if three criteria are met.

1.You're good enough - I'm the only one that decides this, and basically, if my rating doesn't move up at least 15 points from a win against you, then you aren't good enough.

2.I have enough time - My game limit is generally between 20-25, as you can see with the KG Muzio Tourney and the 2007 Championship I currently have over 30 games - definitely too many, so I'm really not accepting challenges from anybody, unless you're over 2300 and I really want to play you for some reason. 😕

3.I feel like playing you, and I think I'm reasonable, I DO accept challenges, and sometimes I even make exceptions. I've taken some from players like Kmac27 and Whirlpool - I also took a couple from Yugoslav even though he didn't meet number 2, so I gave him some unrated games which he played very well in and got the best of me.

Take note dmn, that only one of those games was a personal challenge like the one you're asking for. Also note that Whirlpool has a much higher rating than you, and when he asked for the challenge I had a whopping 10 in progress games, and he asked for it to be a KG - basically my rules, how could I say no?

So, if you really want to play me, you should get practicing, get your rating up much higher, and make me an offer I can't refuse - i.e. a KG game.
  9. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:28
    When I hit 1500, we play. Deal?
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:321 edit
    When I hit 1500, we play. Deal?
    No, not a deal. I currently consider that rating too low. When you have nearly the same rating as myself I'll start considering it.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever asked anybody this before, and I really should have, why are you so desperate to play me?
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:38
    I'll play you dmn; I have nothing better to do 😕

but cms has a point, why's everyone so into playing him?
  12. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:41
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    No, not a deal. I currently consider that rating too low. When you have nearly the same rating as myself I'll start considering it.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever asked anybody this before, and I really should have, why are you so desperate to play me?
    maybe he's just desperate for you, period 😉
  13. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:411 edit
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I want to play him so badly because I think he's arrogant.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:42
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    I'll play you dmn; I have nothing better to do 😕

but cms has a point, why's everyone so into playing him?
    Hell, DM, if you can beat Yug0slav I'll give you an unrated match under the condition that I control all of the stipulations. Basically I get to pretend I'm Bobby Fischer. 🙂
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:43
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I want to play him so badly because I think he's arrogant.
    Arrogant? I guess that opinion is probably formed from my profile?

In any case, I don't think I'm arrogant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree