leaving this site

leaving this site

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by TheGambit
Calm down Joni.
My name is not Joni damn it. I am legit.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
sooner or later i'm going to leave this site, it's the fact that too many people have been cheating, even i've opened up my programs several times because i was against some of the cheaters. I mean why waste ur time on RHP to play programs when you can do it right on ur fritz? now I'm not going to name who the cheaters are. since i've admitted my occa ...[text shortened]... heaters(which is the reason i used fritz sometimes), if i get banned, I won't even regret!
Please hurry!

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
My name is not Joni damn it. I am legit.
Sorry, did I write Joni instead of Gino? My bad, sorry Joni.

If you're not Joni then you won't mind me saying that he was possibly the most annoying c*** who ever joined this site.

edit: post removed for foul language

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Aren't you the plonker that accused everyone that beat you?
Good riddence sore loser.
Yes its he. He`s accusing everyone who wins him.

m

Moves
26 Jan 07

Just some thoughts. I’ve been playing correspondence chess for as long as anyone can remember and have had experience with engine users since they came out and played at the 1200 level and made obvious stupid moves. I just started playing internet chess two years ago and sampled many sites and have run into a few users. If I play one, so what? It’s part of playing internet/postal these days. Try to win, but if you don't, just move on to another game. When the engine users get to the top level they will either be playing other users or players strong enough to beat them and their engines anyway. I’ve played hundreds of games & after the game is over nobody sees them. Even the couple of my games that have appeared in those commercial databases are lost among the million other games in there. I’m not going to let an occasional loss to Fritz or Chessmaster upset me. I wish people would quit whining about some 1400 they think might be using an engine. Just play and if you lose, so what? It’s not like anybody is going to ever see the game. Like, who knows who “Masscat” is? Who cares? Who wants to look at his games? Who cares what his rating is? Proof…I have a database with hundreds of my games in it…anybody wanna look at them? Didn’t think so.

O

NYC

Moves
26 Jan 07

Is this chess talk or a psycho therapy session?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
26 Jan 07
2 edits

Originally posted by masscat
Just some thoughts. I’ve been playing correspondence chess for as long as anyone can remember and have had experience with engine users since they came out and played at the 1200 level and made obvious stupid moves. I just started playing internet chess two years ago and sampled many sites and have run into a few users. If I play one, so what? It’s part o …I have a database with hundreds of my games in it…anybody wanna look at them? Didn’t think so.
I find this talk of 1400s using engines ridiculous. If you are only rated 1400 you are not making good moves so cannot possibly be using an engine. If a 1400 makes the odd move that matches an engine, so what? It does not mean they used an engine for that move - perhaps it was obviously best! perhaps it was just a reasonable move they found themselves!

Accusations that 1800s are using engines are equally ridiculous for similar reasons. If they are using them their ratings will rise. If they make tactical mistakes from time to time an engine wouldn't do that. Of course sometimes an 1800 gets the tactics 100% correct and plays a brilliant combination that an engine would be proud of! Just because they see 1 combination and miss 3 does not mean they used an engine for that one.

Stop these silly accusations every time you lose. You were outplayed by a better player! Learn to cope with it! (not you Masscat) Perhaps next time you beat him...

m

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
I find this talk of 1400s using engines ridiculous. If you are only rated 1400 you are not making good moves so cannot possibly be using an engine. If a 1400 makes the odd move that matches an engine, so what? It does not mean they used an engine for that move - perhaps it was obviously best! perhaps it was just a reasonable move they found themselves!
...[text shortened]... layer! Learn to cope with it! [b](not you Masscat)
Perhaps next time you beat him...[/b]
Amen!

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
26 Jan 07
2 edits

Originally posted by masscat
... I’m not going to let an occasional loss to Fritz or Chessmaster upset me. ....
it's not losing that disturbs me, it's the not having a chance in hell part I have a problem with. against a strong human player, you still have a chance to outplay him tactically, however slim it may be. you also learn positionally from him ("why did he do that?! is it really more important than defending against my feeble attempt to win a pawn??" ). against an engine tactics won't work, period. it can't miss tactics, no matter how obscure. and you can't learn much about it's play, as even it's 'positional' moves are based on some deep number crunching that is applicable only to this one move, in this one particular game.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Whatever happened to that walrus, anyway?
I think someone mistook him as a microphone, and he's currently touring with Slipknot.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by wormwood
it's not losing that disturbs me, it's the not having a chance in hell part I have a problem with. against a strong human player, you still have a chance to outplay him tactically, however slim it may be. ...against an engine tactics won't work, period. it can't miss tactics, no matter how obscure.
Not necessarily true. My one win against a 2000+ player was against an engine. Any good human player wouldn't have allowed the classic bishop sacrifice, whereas the engines pruning algorithms wouldn't have looked at the saccing line in any detail.Game 1514982

D

j

Oklahoma City

Moves
26 Jan 07

I'm confused and I guess not techi enough. How in the world can you cheat on this site. I just don't get it. And secondly, WHY would u cheat; kinda reminds me of some of my golf friends that want to NOODLE the ball before they strike it. LOL

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Whatever happened to that walrus, anyway?
It would appear that he hasn't frequented the forums lately; don't worry though, I've been talking to him for some time now over some games of chess: he seems fine.

m

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Not necessarily true. My one win against a 2000+ player was against an engine. Any good human player wouldn't have allowed the classic bishop sacrifice, whereas the engines pruning algorithms wouldn't have looked at the saccing line in any detail.Game 1514982

D
Agreed. A while back I played someone I’m pretty sure was using an engine. I managed to hang on through the middle game and got into a R&P ending that should have been a pretty straightforward win for my opponent. To my amazement he (it?) started playing aimless moves that were clearly far below the previous level of play. He (it?) lost quickly. Could have just been bad end game play, but from a player of my opponent's level, I doubt it.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
sooner or later i'm going to leave this site, it's the fact that too many people have been cheating, even i've opened up my programs several times because i was against some of the cheaters. I mean why waste ur time on RHP to play programs when you can do it right on ur fritz? now I'm not going to name who the cheaters are. since i've admitted my occa ...[text shortened]... heaters(which is the reason i used fritz sometimes), if i get banned, I won't even regret!
Wow!😕