1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 18:043 edits
    "that last move was supposed to be a castle...
    the game is ruined now if I had any chance at all...

we can fix this by me manualy castleing.... I move my king to e7 you move your queen back to d1 I move my rook to e8.. you move your queen I move my king back to f8 you move your queen I move my king to g8 you move queen... I move my rook to f8.
    this would result in the same thing as if I had caslte with peices in the right spot..

or...
    please do a draw and play again..."

That is a message that I got from my opponent after his king move, mistake, which had worsen his already bad position. Should I draw as a sign of good will (but maybe it would even cost me negative points), or should I continue with game.
    Maybe was really a finger slip and it would be stupid that he has lost the game because of tehnical problem. On the other hand, I like to believe that chess is a game without takebacks. Please, give me advice.
    We can make poll...
    I will listen the opinion of majority!
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 18:09
    Originally posted by ivan2908

we can fix this by me manualy castleing.... I move my king to e7 you move your queen back to d1 I move my rook to e8.. you move your queen I move my king back to f8 you move your queen I move my king to g8 you move queen... I move my rook to f8.
    this wou ...[text shortened]... kebacks. Please, give me advice.
    We can make poll...
    Your call. Your opponent blundered (it wasn't a mouse slip), so I know what I'd be doing right now.

D
  3. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 18:17
    I'd reply "BWAHAHAHAHAHA, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Or maybe "No, sorry."

Depending my mood.
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 18:33
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    I'd reply "BWAHAHAHAHAHA, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Or maybe "No, sorry."

Depending my mood.
    I would ask him how his mouse managed to slip twice? once on the move and again hitting the submit button. Actually, I would probably wonder about that while politely denying his request.
  5. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 18:42
    Originally posted by zebano
    I would ask him how his mouse managed to slip twice? once on the move and again hitting the submit button. Actually, I would probably wonder about that while politely denying his request.
    I wondered the same thing... It is not like ICC or FICS lightning, with drag n' drop pieces.
    You have to click on the piece, click the desired square, and only then hit the submit button. I think it is almost impossible that it isn't a blunder
  6. Maryland, US
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 21:24
    With these kinds of time controls I think it's the players responsibilty to ensure his piece is on the proper intended square before he hits submit move.

If he moved his king with intention to castle then it would be his responsibilty to make sure the castling took place.

However, if he is unfamiliar with the site and the proper way to castle etc, I would offer to manually castle and continue. Again, this is assuming a mistake somehow mystifyingly took place. I certainly wouldn't draw a game in which I would have arguably had a winning position even if he HAD castled.

That's just my opinion
  7. Joined
    05 Dec '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 11:03
    in his place, i'll just resign and ask a re-match. i don't think a single game it's so important.

in your place, i'll gracefully decline his proposal on the basis 'piece touche - piece joue' and offer a re-match if he resigns.
  8. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 12:02

We can make poll...
    Just reply, "I'm sorry, I don't speak English" and play on.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 12:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    17 Dec '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 12:341 edit
    Do you know how many times I have hit the submit button and then said oops?! I live with the mistake and keep on going. Stuff happens.
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 12:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 13:54

We can make poll...
    Decline.
    It was his mistake. Accepting a draw harms your rating. He/she is asking you to do this, on the basis of their error.

So your solution is simple. Ask him to resign, and then set up the game as he wished it had been using the 'set piece facility'.
    This way you show your sporting desire to gentlemanly conclude the battle, but not at the expense of your rating.

If he declines, ask yourself "why should I budge if he wont, for his mistake?" 🙂
  13. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 14:25
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Decline.
    It was his mistake. Accepting a draw harms your rating. He/she is asking you to do this, on the basis of their error.

So your solution is simple. Ask him to resign, and then set up the game as he wished it had been using the 'set piece facility'.
    This way you show your sporting desire to gentlemanly conclude the battle, but not at the expen ...[text shortened]... rating.

If he declines, ask yourself "why should I budge if he wont, for his mistake?" 🙂
    Thanks for the advice quys. I see we all share the same opinion... So I did my move and he resigned, he didn't want to rematch.
  14. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 15:11
    Which game was it? Just curious.
  15. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 17:35
    No takebacks! Besides why should you allow him to move YOUR piece. Of course there have been several times I've wanted to say "JUST MOVE YOUR QUEEN OUT OF MY WAY!" 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree