Need help getting to 1400?

Need help getting to 1400?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS

Moves
10 Mar 06

N

The sky

Moves
10 Mar 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
donedid it 🙂
Poor dededededededede will get a lot of spam now. 😉

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 Mar 06

Originally posted by millerman
No worries mate,

I don't know either of you, but there must be something else going on in the background.
I'm just here to learn what i can in peace,
I have no idea where this came from. First time I heard of him.

So there is no background except what you read here.

Issues I tell ya.

SS

Moves
11 Mar 06

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 Mar 06

Why dont you subscribe to the site Rahim?
Originally posted by Wulebgr
You really ought to subscribe so your carriage's ascent will gain speed as it crests the top and begins its descent. Besides, there are several clans that would be happy to have you among their members.

ME:

I've been asked by several clans to join them since they could really use me.

Honeslty though, I don't see a point for me personally to subscribe. I used to play 6 games when I first joined here and stayed at a 1500ish rating. I started playing seriously on here and cut down my games to 2-3 at once and my rating has shot up 250 points and i'm just taking my usual break right now and I'll try for another burst to get over 1800. I don't see the point for me playing more then 6 games on here. I'd rather have a couple of game on here, play them good, learn from then and concentrate on my OTB games.

Look how many games I'm playing right now:

I just started this today after 2 weeks off from otb and rhp chess playing.

SS

Moves
11 Mar 06
2 edits

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 Mar 06
1 edit

Rahim K says

Well, It's just that I'm a big scrounging skin flint, and I think whilst others are subscribing, why should I? My 20£ wont make a difference, Others are paying, let them eat sausages
Ouch for the name calling. I wouldn't pay to join a chess site. The only chess related thing that I pay for is to be a memeber of the CFC and my club 62 a year for that.

As long as Rhp is free I will continue playing on here. Besides why would I subcribe? I don't want to play more then 6 games. In fact I don't even play 6 games at once. As for tournaments and clans, I could care less. So there is nothing in it for me personally. I would rather spend that $30 on paying back my tution or for entry fee's or club memebership.

The way I see it, you subs can play as many games as you want, get your clan and tourney stuff, get sieges etc... That is what you get for paying $30 each year.

It's like those ads, say we give you this for free if you join up, no catches. So you join up and get the free thing. Then they try to sell you stuff. You can either say no and keep your free thing - non subs or buy the extra stuff and get extra feature for you free things.

So say it's a phone. You get basic phone for free, or you can get a phone with unlimited time, call waiting, call display etc...

Edit: don't forget about the recs. Twice I wanted to rec someone but I couldn't. One of the priveleges of subs.

SS

Moves
11 Mar 06

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
11 Mar 06

Rahim K says

Well, It's just that I'm a big scrounging skin flint, and I think whilst others are subscribing, why should I? My 20£ wont make a difference, Others are paying, let them eat sausages
"Playing online chess at Red Hot Pawn

Red Hot Pawn supports turn-based online chess with thousands of people from all over the globe. You choose who and when you play. Games don’t have to be finished in one sitting - your opponent doesn’t even have to be online as you make your moves. No downloads are required - and it is FREE to register and play."

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
11 Mar 06

Rahim K says

Well the site does allow non-subscribers to play. It is a tricky one, RahimK doesn't want more than the 6 games non-subscribers are entitled to so the only benefits to subscribing for him is that he could win a tournament, which would take him over the 3 games at a time he wants, he'd play stronger players earlier, and that he wouldn't have to skip past adverts on every mouse click - and bear in mind that Russ & co. get revenues from that (possibly per click) as well.

SS

Moves
11 Mar 06

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 Mar 06

Originally posted by wormwood
"Playing online chess at Red Hot Pawn

Red Hot Pawn supports turn-based online chess with thousands of people from all over the globe. You choose who and when you play. Games don’t have to be finished in one sitting - your opponent doesn’t even have to be online as you make your moves. No downloads are required - [b]and it is FREE to register and play.
"[/b]
Yes and as long as this policy is there, I will continue playing on here.

Even for Icc, I get the 2 week free trial when I can and then after that play as a guest now and then when I do decide to play some blitz.

How many subs actually play 6 or less game on here? Rare. That's basically what I would be doing if I was a sub.

SS

Moves
11 Mar 06

J

Irrational Places

Moves
11 Mar 06
1 edit

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 Mar 06

Unbelievable
It's the truth. When Russ changes his policy, then I'll hit the road I guess.